IGNORED

Seagate + Plex album duplication

Been directed here from elsewhere, hope it's as useful as it looks.

Seagate Personal Cloud, running Plex; Seagate media server s/w has been uninstalled so it's just Plex on there. Indexing of the NAS completed but when I view albums in the Naim streamer app on the iPad, every album from artists beginning with M upwards is in twice, and also when viewed in Plex itself. Is it a coincidence that the Recently Added Music tab in the Plex interface [viewed in the browser] also starts from M?

Have checked the folder structure for accidental dupes in there but no. File tags all look ok when viewed in MP3Tag; I'm a bit stumped tbh.

I feel I'm missing a configuration setting somewhere, but can't seem to identify what or where. Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks.

Hi.

I've used Plex to replace Seagate's own s/w as that displayed each track title 3 times when viewed in the iPad app. It looked as though Plex had resolved it; each track shown once and in track order not tracks listed alphabetically, but scrolling through it was ok till I got to M.

So no, it's not worked since I installed it, but then neither did Seagate's for different reasons.

A couple things come to mind with this. 

1. System resources - Is it possible the very slow cpu in this thing is just taking forever to index your music and make it available? Is it out of memory? What if you point Plex to a folder containing 100 tracks, does it work? 1,000 tracks? 10,000 tracks?

2. Track limit - Is there a track limit on this device?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1) Probably not; it scans ~400 CDs / 11,000 tracks in a reasonable time, and doesn't seem to be slow doing it. The main bottleneck is the internet access getting album info. And the issue isn't that it's failing, it's that it indexes everything correctly but from M [Macy Gray] onwards, all albums are in twice. Why would it do that? And as per first post, is it coincidence that the Recently Added panel also starts with Macy Gray?

2) Not that I'm aware of, but what would be the sense in selling a 2TB NAS media server and having a stupidly low track limit? 11000 isn't even close to the max value that an int data type can hold in VB, so it's unlikely to be that.

Is there a way to remove Recently Added in Plex?Is there something in Plex that clears everything down and allows for a completely fresh start?

Agreed, but the material difference is that Seagate created duplicate track names twice and often three times per album, and Plex duplicates albums from M onwards and M onwards is also the Recently Added, as if it did it once but then had another go from M.

• 2 weeks later...