IGNORED

stupid questions-maybe?

Would someone please answer my questions I put on the thread 'digital to analog conversion' under same title but specifically related to Legacy Audio Studio HD monitors/Calibre monitors and my system. Don't know how to just paste it/transfer here. A nice fellow (balder from Sweden)answered some things but didn't address the speakers or if a Yggy would 'blow away' my pre multibit Gungnir.

thanks bobbmd

It's not a stupid question at all, but it's unlikely to provoke a useful reply. WRT speakers, it's too narrow: you're asking someone to do your homework.  You want someone to weigh in on a comparison between two specific loudspeakers, probably nobody here has done that specific comparison: There are WAY too many speaker models out there, far more than popular DACs, especially anything Schiit builds.  But do a search on Audiogon or Audio Asylum if you want to keep looking for that one-vs-one.

Instead you should ask a more general question on speaker preferences and tradeoffs that will help you look in a useful direction, e.g. "dissatisfied with my speakers, suggestions?".  I haven't heard any Legacy models for years, but I could still give good ideas on alternatives.

WRT DACs there are thousands of posts on the Yggy and DS Gungnir, so you'll have better luck with that.  Search here, but also on HeadFi and SBAF Forums.  FWIW I loved the Bimby, and found it better in all respects to the DS Bifrost, which I also greatly enjoyed.  So I expect any Schiit MB DAC to be excellent.  The Bimby sounded just wonderful, strong in every aspect and superbly musical.

Mac Mini 2012 with 2.3 GHz i5 CPU and 16GB RAM running newest OS10.9x and Signalyst HQ Player software (occasionally JRMC), ethernet to Cisco SG100-08 GigE switch, ethernet to SOtM SMS100 Miniserver in audio room, sending via short 1/2 meter AQ Cinnamon USB to Oppo 105D, feeding balanced outputs to 2x Bel Canto S300 amps which vertically biamp ATC SCM20SL speakers, 2x Velodyne DD12+ subs. Each side is mounted vertically on 3-tiered Sound Anchor ADJ2 stands: ATC (top), amp (middle), sub (bottom), Mogami, Koala, Nordost, Mosaic cables, split at the preamp outputs with splitters. All transducers are thoroughly and lovingly time aligned for the listening position.