IGNORED

Alternative to lms with tidal??

Can you stream Tidal with Jriver or similar?
I use Logitec Media Server, piCorePlayer/LMS on a small synology NAS DiskStation DS115j (not enough processing power to hold Roon) 

at the moment with Ipeng as a controller.
It's great and works and sounds wonderful..BUT...it will only show the first 500 items in your favourite Lp / Artist list
from Tidal. It shows ALL the my stored local files but as I say only 500 items from Tidal..
Any thoughts to an alternative, without, at this point, setting up new hardware PC? or is there a work around for LMS?

Can you stream Tidal with Jriver or similar or do I have to have a new stand alone server and have say Roon?

Help Please

If you have a Mac, Audirvana does Tidal & Qobuz with no such limitations... I use both services, although I have a personal preference for the latter for my music genres and will almost certainly drop Tidal.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

3 hours ago, Westlower said:

No Mac and no additional PC at the moment, just the  synology NAS drive feeding the Rpi3 to the DAC

If I can get away with it with a work around I don't want to purchase additional computers...if anyone knows  of a way?

Not cheap but have you looked at roon?

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

2 hours ago, Westlower said:

Yes but roon would need an additional computer to host it, the NAS won't do it

Roon will run on a NAS, but I assume maybe your NAS isn't up to the task?

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

13 hours ago, jcn3 said:

setup rpi3 as a renderer (i've used moode to do this).  load minimserver and bubbleupnp server on the synology nas to make it your music server.  from there you can you linn kazoo or bubbleupnp app as a control point on a smartphone or tablet.  supports tidal and works great.

To stream Tidal, I'm running BubbleUPnP Server on the same rpi3 where I run Moode.

However having a Nas, it makes sense running it there.... I never thought of this option but I have a question: what do you need to configure/do on the rpi3 to act as a renderer for BubbleUPnPServer running on NAS?

19 minutes ago, franz159 said:

what do you need to configure/do on the rpi3 to act as a renderer for BubbleUPnPServer running on NAS?

Nothing additional needs to be done on the RPi3, other than if your instance of Moode was not configured for UPnP Renderer duty already, you'd need to flip that switch.

Otherwise you'd be all set after installing BubbleUPnP Server on the NAS, though I am only familiar with that GUI/interface on a Mac, but I can't imagine it would be too different on the NAS in terms of setting up for Tidal etc...

20 hours ago, jcn3 said:

setup rpi3 as a renderer (i've used moode to do this).  load minimserver and bubbleupnp server on the synology nas to make it your music server.  from there you can you linn kazoo or bubbleupnp app as a control point on a smartphone or tablet.  supports tidal and works great.

Tried the bubbleupnp app on the NAS and linked it all to Kazoo...Works well and ALL the Tidal Favourites are there now!

No retrictions Like LMS (500 Album max)

Works perfectly but a little delay in playback from when you press play, so may have to jig with settings but TBH not a lot to jig with!

Thanks for the advice...If we can speed the 'delay' up please let me know

Cheers

22 hours ago, Apesbrain said:

Try this: In LMS "Settings" go to "Advanced" tab then click on the drop-down to select "Performance".  Change "Maximum Playlist Length" to zero and click "Apply".  You may need to restart the server to make the change take effect:

Command window:

net stop squeezesvc

net start squeezesvc

Tried the suggestion but it didn't lift the restriction of 500 Albums

Thanks anyhow! 

18 hours ago, Apesbrain said:

Had a reply on slimdevices, not what I had hoped for and confirms the worst for LMS and Tidal!!

"There currently isn't any solution. Tidal wouldn't allow us to get more 
than 50 items in one request. Which means we have to run 10 queries for 
those 500 items already. And they don't want us to hammer their backends 
too quickly"

Michael
-- 

Ok, you might try posting at slimdevices.com forum:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?106164-Issues-with-Tidal-(v1-2-plugin)-by-Logitech

The Tidal plugin is still supported by Logitech.

On 9/6/2017 at 6:56 AM, Westlower said:

Tried the bubbleupnp app on the NAS and linked it all to Kazoo...Works well and ALL the Tidal Favourites are there now!

Works perfectly but a little delay in playback from when you press play, so may have to jig with settings but TBH not a lot to jig with!

Cheers

Glad you like the solution - I think it's tough to beat. I'd look at the buffer settings in moode on the rpi. I have similar delay issues but not a big deal for me.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
On 9/6/2017 at 11:56 AM, Westlower said:

Cheers

If you're Ok with a bit of Linux DIY,  you could try installing the headless version of openhome.org's free OpenHome Player, under Raspbian Jessie lite on the RPi:

OpenHome Player for Raspberry Pi

Since the OpenHome Player is a native OpenHome renderer that support for the optional OpenHome Streaming Services (includes TIDAL & Qobuz), it doesn't require the BubbleUPnP Server to provide the standard UPnP/DLNA to OpenHome (with TIDAL access) bridge/translation via its Create an OpenHome renderer function.

Bear in mind, UPnP/DLNA renderer distros such as Moode & Volumio, are actually using mpd as the audio file player, which doesn't natively support UPnP/DLNA streaming. So they also use the upmpdcli mpd client front end to provide the UPnP/DLNA streaming interface. It's possible that the combination of the upmpdcli and BubbleUPnP Server interfaces is what's causing the slight delay in playback of mpd, when actioned from an OpenHome controller app such as Linn Kazoo.

Ironically, upmpdcli actually supports OpenHome as well as standard UPnP/DLNA streaming. Unfortunately, its support for OpenHome does not extend to its (optional) Streaming Services (for TIDAL access).

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox