IGNORED

SOTM sms-200 compatibility with Resonessence Labs Invicta DAC

chankp

Good day.  My 1st posting here.

I have no luck getting SOTM sms-200 to work with my Invicta DAC (1st generation).  SMS-200 will detect Invicta's presence but will not send any music over.  I am using LMS software for streaming.

I was however successful in getting sms-200 to work with my Chord portable DAC and Eastern Electric DAC.

Anyone having any compatibility issues with sms-200 and your DACs?

Thanks.

Did you contact Resonessence directly?  They use a custom USB implementation, and may have some tips.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Thank you Barrows.

I did not contact Resonessence.  However, the nice SOTM support staff from Korea remote accessed my Sms-200 to troubleshoot.

The problem was resolved after he changed the "sample format" entry value to "24_3".  No idea what "24_3" really mean.  Prior to the change Sms-200 automatically set a value of "32" for the "sample format" .  I couldn't find any documentation anywhere regarding valid entries for "sample format" & what they really do.  Important thing now is that Sms-200 is playing all audio file formats (DSD, Redbook, 24bit-96kHz, etc) as it should.  And it sounds good.

As a side comment, running both LMS server and Squeezelite player simultaneously will overwhelm Sms-200. This is especially so if you are playing DSD audio files.