IGNORED

Does ISO REGEN improve signal flow for 'both' direction?

Hi,

I have used the ISO REGEN between my Mac notebook and the USB input of the Devialet amp, it improves the SQ when USB is used as the input source, but I am curious about the signal that can be sent from the Devialet USB port back to the Mac. The reason I asked is that I am also using the Devialet as an ADC for ripping vinyl to PCM, the Devialet allow me to capture the vinyl to 24/192 PCM and send it over the USB to a notebook to capture that. I just wonder whether there is any benefit from using the ISO REGEN in this case? Or I should 'reverse' the direction of the ISO REGEN by using some customised USB cable, to achieve an improvement in SQ?

Thanks,

4 hours ago, Lonely_Fool said:

Hi,

I have used the ISO REGEN between my Mac notebook and the USB input of the Devialet amp, it improves the SQ when USB is used as the input source, but I am curious about the signal that can be sent from the Devialet USB port back to the Mac. The reason I asked is that I am also using the Devialet as an ADC for ripping vinyl to PCM, the Devialet allow me to capture the vinyl to 24/192 PCM and send it over the USB to a notebook to capture that. I just wonder whether there is any benefit from using the ISO REGEN in this case? Or I should 'reverse' the direction of the ISO REGEN by using some customised USB cable, to achieve an improvement in SQ?

Thanks,

You cannot "reverse" the direction of the ISO REGEN, the B jack must connect to the host, the computer in this case.

It does not improve the signal going to the computer, but by blocking leakage loops (if using an LPS-1) it will clean up things inside the ADC, which is what really matters. So it probably will help, but not by cleaning up the USB signal to the computer.

John S.