IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

Hello everyone, I changed the network protocol from afp to SMB and Audirvana no longer finds the nas even if the mac is present. How should I update the audirvana settings?
Thanks and good music!1349230188_Senzatitolo.thumb.jpeg.f99136febf82d5ae041526de7e445db6.jpeg952067710_Senzatitolo1.thumb.jpeg.b36c367d7e5b75ea59b64cbc8a8bfb4a.jpeg

iMac,Audirvana,Ampli-Dac RME ADI-2, Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite, Primaluna PLTwo, Sennheiser HD800S e Focal Utopia, Adam S3V.

@Giacomino you have PM on Melius ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OtisGus said:

In April, I made this suggestion to have a night mode available for Audirvana. Maybe it was decided against?

i guess it will be in the next 3.5 update this fall... also with the dark mode in Mojave OS coming soon

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

• 1 month later...

@damien78 we are ready for v3.5  :) 

In the meantime, just wondering why A+ is putting my DSD256 files that i cannot play with my DAC that does DSD128

into PCM 32/352 instead of DSD128 that my DAC can play :)

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

8 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

@damien78 we are ready for v3.5  :) 

In the meantime, just wondering why A+ is putting my DSD256 files that i cannot play with my DAC that does DSD128

into PCM 32/352 instead of DSD128 that my DAC can play :)

A+ does not do sample rate conversions of DSD-DSD, only PCM-DSD or DSD-PCM.  I have requested that @damien78 add DSD-DSD conversions, but he did not seem to be in favor of the idea, saying that DSD-DSD conversions require an intermediate PCM step.  Interestingly, ROON claims to do direct DSD-DSD conversions without any intermediate PCM step, which makes Damien's claims curious.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Since my files are already in DSD256, it is not conversion that i want, but only downsampling them ... should be easier then converting to pcm ?

28 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Since my files are already in DSD256, it is not conversion that i want, but only downsampling them ... should be easier then converting to pcm ?

Whether down or up, A+ does not do DSD-DSD conversions.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

19 hours ago, barrows said:

A+ does not do sample rate conversions of DSD-DSD, only PCM-DSD or DSD-PCM.  I have requested that @damien78 add DSD-DSD conversions, but he did not seem to be in favor of the idea, saying that DSD-DSD conversions require an intermediate PCM step.  Interestingly, ROON claims to do direct DSD-DSD conversions without any intermediate PCM step, which makes Damien's claims curious.

I'll be VERY interested to learn that there really (not just a marketing claim) exists a DSD to DSD up/downsampler that does all the computation in the 1bit domain with no multi-bit intermediary step!

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

I'll be VERY interested to learn that there really (not just a marketing claim) exists a DSD to DSD up/downsampler that does all the computation in the 1bit domain with no multi-bit intermediary step!

That is mathematically impossible.

Anyone know how PS Audio or Sony Z1 accomplish DSD to DSD Upsampling?

I read that PS Audio, their top stuff, first converts everything to 10X DSD, then back to 2x DSD.

The Marantz SA 10 Takes everything to 4X DSD, incl SACDs.

I listen to DSD 64 Upsampled to DSD 128 all the time.

When I've compared, that's the one I like.

5 hours ago, damien78 said:

We can ask @Miska how HQPlayer does DSD-DSD oversampling, and if it uses a multi-bit approach.

My usage requires requires DSD-DSD oversampling, and many users are doing this in HQPlayer...

Of course some people have different definitions of what a "PCM conversion" step is!  Many are fine with a multi bit step, as long as one does not down convert the sample rate: like DSD 64 (2.8224/1)-2.8224/64 (bit)-11.2896/64-11.2896/1.  I am pretty sure this is what ROON does, and calls no PCM step.  Not sure at all what HQPlayer does...

In any case, there are users like me who would like to be able to do DSD-DSD conversions in A+.

SONORE computer audio

Hi All,

Hope someone can help me out here.

In Audirvana, I have a local playlist with songs from my NAS. It's a mix of DSD64 and 16/44 bit rate songs. When I start playing with DSD, it sounds ok. The moment it switches to 16/44 rate songs, there is no sound but Audirvana keeps on playing. I have my macbook hooked up through USB directly to my internal Hegel amp DAC. I set the SPL switching to 4 seconds but that didn't work.

Any clue? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, can I ask , I bought audirivana for my windows 10 alienware 15 r3, and I have an external WD 8 Terra hard drive that I connect to my windows 10 laptop, and audiravan keeps crashing when it scans it . I tired 10 times and no success, while when i installed roon it easily scanned the whole drive. Since I already bought the audirivana I do not want to buy roon just because of this auriravna bug in scanning my external hard drive, please help what to do

4 hours ago, hykhleif said:

Greetings, can I ask , I bought audirivana for my windows 10 alienware 15 r3, and I have an external WD 8 Terra hard drive that I connect to my windows 10 laptop, and audiravan keeps crashing when it scans it . I tired 10 times and no success, while when i installed roon it easily scanned the whole drive. Since I already bought the audirivana I do not want to buy roon just because of this auriravna bug in scanning my external hard drive, please help what to do

From the reply I've made on the Audirvana Plus for Windows thread:

There is an issue with some damaged audio files that cause this infinite loop issue.

I've got such a damaged flac file from a user, and having reproduced this issue, I'm now working on a fix.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

• 2 weeks later...

Audirvana 3.5 should be out soon and I'm pretty sure it will be there ;) 

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Would it be feasible to add the Volume detail - as listed under Metadata, under the Location field at some point?  I recently had to rebuild my primary machine, using a backup copy of my A+ library files and found that the auto synch process added several songs/albums on top of what already existed and now I have a lot of duplicates in the Library.  The distinction found is in the Volume name.  It would be nice to be able to sort with that extra layer of detail in order to clean things up.  Please = )