IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

4 hours ago, catastrofe said:

Interesting, thanks for the input.  I wonder why that is?. . .a primary purpose of DLNA is compatibility across devices and manufacturers.

DLNA has so many options and different ways of doing the same thing that nobody stands a chance of implementing it correctly. The spec being an unreadable mess doesn't help either.

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Funny you should ask because there is a firmware available for their hardware that now allows you to use it with A+. Same goes for the Sonore Rendu (i2s / SPDIF), Weiss, Bel Canto, and Empirical Audio.

Thanks JR, I wasn't aware of MSB's update, I'll check it out.

BPT 3.5 Ultra/Reference 3A Reflectors/MSB Technology S201 Amplifier/MSB Technology Analog DAC/MSB Technology Network Renderer/Audirvana +

6 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Funny you should ask because there is a firmware available for their hardware that now allows you to use it with A+. Same goes for the Sonore Rendu (i2s / SPDIF), Weiss, Bel Canto, and Empirical Audio.

Well, nothing on their website about a renderer update. . .

BPT 3.5 Ultra/Reference 3A Reflectors/MSB Technology S201 Amplifier/MSB Technology Analog DAC/MSB Technology Network Renderer/Audirvana +

7 hours ago, mansr said:

DLNA has so many options and different ways of doing the same thing that nobody stands a chance of implementing it correctly. The spec being an unreadable mess doesn't help either.

nobody stands a chance and resistance is futile:)

If you are into Jazz, play the new GoGo Penguin album (TIDAL - GoGo Penguin: A Humdrum Star (Deluxe) https://tidal.com/album/84245625 ) through A+.  

MY GOD.

Using izotop I upsample to DSD 128 feeding my Oppo HA-1 USB by my Macmini.  This is a $1200 DAC and I am blown away.  The soundstage is just CARZY amazing

Thank you Damien.

Sorry for the intruption guys, I know we all have issues with the software, but every now and then I am blown away by the sound of A+ and what it can do to good recorded music.  Just can’t stop laughing.  Complete joy.

Back to music now.............

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

Whatever happened to A+ on Windows?  Press reports initially said year end 2017, then the end of January 2018.  

@damien78 will there be a public beta for A+ on Windows?  What is a realistic timeframe?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

On 2/10/2018 at 12:37 AM, mazuly said:

Thank you Damien.

Sorry for the intruption guys, I know we all have issues with the software, but every now and then I am blown away by the sound of A+ and what it can do to good recorded music.  Just can’t stop laughing.  Complete joy.

Back to music now.............

Yes, thank you, Damien. I think of you fondly with each listening session!

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

Hello, just a question about upsampling to DSD.

I recently bought a new dac, the M2Tech Young DSD (..... wonderful sound compared to the old Cambridge DacMagic Pus!)

The M2Tech Young DSD is not recognized as native DSD capable then I configured Audirvana+ to "DSD over PCM standard 1.1"

Then I configured the upsampling as DSD128, with DSD filter C (7th order), using iZotope 64-bit SRC converter.

- if I play a ALAC or FLAC file the track is upsampled to DSD128

- if I play a DSD64 file the track is not upsampled to DSD128 but is sent to dac as DSD64

Is this the right behavior? Isn't Audirvana+ able to upsample DSD64 to DSD128?

thanks

Stefano

My audio system

29 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

Is this the right behavior? Isn't Audirvana+ able to upsample DSD64 to DSD128?

Yes. It cant upsample DSD files for now...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

I thought Damien said DSD64 would have to converted first to PCM  then

DSD128, like JRiver Media Center.

But ( to my knowledge) HQ upsamples DSD64 to DSD128 or more without PCM Conversion.

I think it will upsample Any lower DSD Rate as long as the Dac and OS permit.

Has there been any work around or change to AV+ to get Direct Mode in Mac High Sierra?

Without installing the Audio Family Kext File from ElCapitan?

On 2/9/2018 at 6:13 PM, vortecjr said:

Not everyone moves as fast as we do, but they have been told the firmware update is available.

I was fortunate enough to obtain a copy of the MSB Renderer firmware update in advance of its public release.  Works like a charm, and sounds great.  Thanks for the heads-up.

never noticed before but... here's something really annoying :|

two versions of the very same album, dsd128 and dsd256, each one in a folder of its own on the NAS holding my music files... are merged by Audirvana in a single album >:(

no: I don't want to add something to mess with "Album Title" files tag so A+ keeps them apart: they already are in different folders! 9_9

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 10.17.31.png

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

4 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

never noticed before but... here's something really annoying :|

two versions of the very same album, dsd128 and dsd256, each one in a folder of its own on the NAS holding my music files... are merged by Audirvana in a single album >:(

no: I don't want to add something to mess with "Album Title" files tag so A+ keeps them apart: they already are in different folders! 9_9

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 10.17.31.png

I guess that's one of of the downslides if you use a database-software like A+.

A+ doesn't care where your file sits, it only cares about Metadata in the file. So it´ s not a bug, but a feature.

I have all my Album names ending e.g. in [DSD64] OR [24/192] (if they are not standard redbook).

7 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

I have all my Album names ending e.g. in [DSD64] OR [24/192] (if they are not standard redbook).

I do the very same to *folders* containing music files, not files tag and... a well known A+ competitor has no issue with this: it keeps different resolution versions of an album separate and just stacks them ;)

if you modify/add something to an album's title... scrobbling (Last.fm) can't get which album is playing :|

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

great! thank you Damien :)

headphones system:

5 hours ago, Musicophile said:

I guess that's one of of the downslides if you use a database-software like A+.

A+ doesn't care where your file sits, it only cares about Metadata in the file. So it´ s not a bug, but a feature.

I use the track rather than album interface, but use album as one of my primary sorting criteria (after Artist) to keep albums separate.

If you do this, the easy way to keep the same album with a different resolution separate is to have resolution as a higher priority sorting criterion than disc#, track#, and track title. 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

15 hours ago, austinpop said:

Does A+ work with LMS/squeezelite, running the UPnP/DLNA media renderer/server plugin?  In other words, a squeezelite player emulating a UPnP player?

I tried enabling the UPnP DLNA media renderer plugin in LMS. In the A+ settings, I can see the player ("Zenith SE player"), but when I select it, A+ reverts back to Built-in output.

I don't believe so.  It's the mpd/upmpdcli combination that it's designed for.

An older issue has cropped up again.  When A+ first give us the ability to play the first unfold of MQA files, I experienced an issue that would crop up every now and then when I would play standard red book followed by an MQA track.  I experience a kind of "white noise" that plays for the first 2 or 3 seconds of the MQA track.  After that 2 to 3 seconds of white noise, track begins to play.  The track starts 2 to 3 seconds into the song.  If I remember correctly, the fix back them was to delay a feature in the playback settings 4 to 7 milliseconds.  This feature is no longer there in the current version which I believe is 3.2.5.  

I did not experience this annomially until I configured a MicroRendu 1.4 into my audio network.  I'm also using the direct connection method to integrate the rendering device directly to my server which is a Macmini.  I've got 16MB of RAM so I don't think it's a system resource issue.  Prior to inserting the mRendu, I was using 3.1.7 and had zero issues so I'm not sure if the problem is with the version of A+ or Sonicorbitor/mRendu.

Is anyone else experiencing this annomily or can someone suggest a fix?  BTW, things sound so good with this Ethernet front end, I'd never go back to a USB playback option, even with this annoyance.

Thanks