IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

Where could I download the 3.1.1 version, as 3.0.7 and 3.0.99 are crashing immediately ? (I can't even use the update menu). I'm also using the realtime setup for AU.

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

3 minutes ago, Yucca06 said:

Where could I download the 3.1.1 version, as 3.0.7 and 3.0.99 are crashing immediately ? (I can't even use the update menu). I'm also using the realtime setup for AU.

??

https://audirvana.com

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

...ok, Îm stupid. I searched everywhere, as the betas had usually a different page for DL.

...it crashed also. I believe I'll have to trash and rebuild the SQLite base...

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

...I trashed the SQLite base (but copy it to desktop).

opened A+, it crashed.

copy again the old SQLite base to the application support/audirvana plus folder

...now it works again !

...but AU don't work anymore : I still have the pref panel but nothing appears when the music play.

Maybe you could try the 3 options there... might help also

Snapz001.jpg

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Done.

Still no AU.

And another bug : it plays alsways the next track. I think I never saw a A+ version in my system bugged like this one...and I'm a customer from the beginning (the 0.x.x versions...)

2 minutes ago, Yucca06 said:

Done.

Still no AU.

And another bug : it plays alsways the next track. I think I never saw a A+ version in my system bugged like this one...and I'm a customer from the beginning (the 0.x.x versions...)

Posted that for another user who wanted to start from scratch...

There are many things you can trash for specific problems. This is what i found to reset pretty much A+ like new...

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and
save them in a folder... when A+ is reset, you can re-import them back.
sadly to this day, the folders they were in is not back, you have to do it again...

Before doing this, maybe you should not connect after deleting those files to Roon or others...

Install A+ alone with your database... if working, log to Roon or else after :)

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System...
When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom...
click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever :)

Starting for new A+:
Go to the main Library Folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder...
Trash All the files in that folder (that folder install SysOptimizer)

Go to the main Library Folder...LaunchDaemons folder...
Trash All the files in that folder for Audirvana (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up!)

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Caches… com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
trash the files in that folder

Restart MAC just to be sure... This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

When choosing library at first it will sync in top right main window under the logo...
LET IT GO, even better don't try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music while
it is not finished... you'll see the progress bar going... Could be long the first time
depending on how large your library is, and MAC is fast or not... go to sleep... then see :)

Thanks, I know I can do this (and did it already a few times). I think the problems are mainly about the 3.1 , as all worked perfectly since 2.6, but I'll try it again, anyway...

I think it's worth persevering ... there are some SQ optimisation benefits with 3.x worth having IMO.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

3.1.1 bug:

- Smart playlist (eg by date added) in album view

- Open an album

- now try to close it (by clicking on the empty background): doesn't close :|

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

47 minutes ago, tipunch said:

@damien78

Hello,

In the next version, you could implement the decoding of the HDCD, because only 2 or 3 DAC still offer this function...

And Audirvana would be the ONLY reader to have this function.

What do you think?

List of HDCD-encoded Compact Discs

Best regards

And there are (or were) more than are on this link. I know our pop A&R guys liked it and had a number of releases encoded (EMI Canada & Nettwerk). Here's another incomplete list: http://www.goodwinshighend.com/music/hdcd/hdcd_recordings.htm 

3 hours ago, Nico said:

+1

Yes, would be nice to know about some known issue repairs of V. 3.0.7. Are there any?

I'm most interested in any SQ improvements - I'm still a DAC user :-)

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

1 hour ago, audiocanyon said:

I'm most interested in any SQ improvements - I'm still a DAC user :-)

https://audirvana.com/delivery/audirvanaplus3_releasenotes.html

16 hours ago, Yucca06 said:

Still no AU.

And another bug : it plays alsways the next track. 

Can you give me a step by step to reproduce your issue?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

15 hours ago, pl_svn said:

3.1.1 bug:

- Smart playlist (eg by date added) in album view

- Open an album

- now try to close it (by clicking on the empty background): doesn't close :|

Thanks for the report of this old bug.

Fixed for 3.1.2

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

55 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Can you give me a step by step to reproduce your issue?

When I click on a track, it plays about 2" of it, then goes to the next track and plays it normally. It does it with each track, so I can't hear the 1st track of each album . 

I've also unchecked the real time in the AU menu, but it doesn't show the AU "pop up" when playing (I still can modify AU settings in the prefs,  though)

Sadly I will stop using A+ 3.1.X

Returning from about a months absence back home I hoped that, under the hood, the 3.1 would solve the problematic reproduction and vast RAM usage of the A+ 3.0.7 and tried to play some music.. after some minutes of 16/44.1 files playing I had a very distorted sound and great pick in RAM usage.

I had communication with Damien about the issue before leaving but no solution found until I didn’t get any replies!

I would like to use A+ but there is no way! Back to JRiver or A+ 2.6.8 sometimes!!

I wish I hadn’t upgraded...

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

@DomieMic65 Sorry to hear about your issues. I can't answer your distorted sound issue ... but how much memory do you have on your Mac ? Audirvana runs in about 400mb on my MacMini and I keep the memory allocation for pre-load quite small (in preferences). It works fine for me with regular 16/44.1 Flacs.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

19 minutes ago, Charente said:

@DomieMic65 Sorry to hear about your issues. I can't answer your distorted sound issue ... but how much memory do you have on your Mac ? Audirvana runs in about 400mb on my MacMini and I keep the memory allocation for pre-load quite small (in preferences). It works fine for me with regular 16/44.1 Flacs.

I have 8GB... and SSD drive!

My system is in my sig.

Thank you very much for your reply but there was a conversation about my issues in the other thread too with no solution... I do not think that there is one actually!

The strange thing is that there are users with older computers with no issues as they say...

May be I make a clean install of the Mac OS sometime but at the moment this is not possible...

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

I am loving Audirvana 3.11. Recently went from v 2.x.  Have multiple players.... Roon, HQPlayer, JRiver.... have even trialed Amarra 4Luxe (nice, but feels beta).

The sound just brings a smile to my face.  Hard to quantify why. Am just enjoying the music.

In the mornings, I often stream internet radio. I would love this to be possible with Audirvana. At the moment, I switch to JRiver or Roon. 

Roon / JRiver with Audiolense XO -> Chord Hugo TT2 -> Cyrus Mono x200 Signatures -> Audiovector Si3 Avantgarde Arretes

1 hour ago, DomieMic65 said:

I have 8GB... and SSD drive!

My system is in my sig.

Thank you very much for your reply but there was a conversation about my issues in the other thread too with no solution... I do not think that there is one actually!

The strange thing is that there are users with older computers with no issues as they say...

May be I make a clean install of the Mac OS sometime but at the moment this is not possible...

One last comment ...

with A+ 2.6.8 I have no issues ... how is this possible?

@DomieMic65 I've looked through the other thread and some good suggestions made there. I do find it rather bizarre that even with a complete 'clean-out' of Audirvana and a fresh install (with DB rebuild) the exact same problem re-appears ... and the memory usage figures you gave sound enormous to me.

Sorry I can't be of further help