IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

7 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Mmmm,  not familiar with renderers and NAS thing  :) but it looks like that it sees old files that it doesn't recognize anymore... sees them, but can't play them... something might have change in the path maybe?

Have you just try going to A+ prefs panel and delete your database there with the minus sign at bottom of window.

Shut down A+, restart MAC... when A+ start again, it will ask where is your music folder, show it, (or add it yourself with + sign) then wait till it is loaded, and see if it plays the song now... my thought  :)

Thanks for the reply.  I did delete A+ and associated files in OSX , re-installed  A+ as new and reconnected the library etc.  But it has the same behavior.

I also use A+ to the USB inputs of MSB and Medus.  This works fine.  I wonder whether this is a corrupted file issue or something else.  May be I misinterpret how A+ act as a Control Point with Synology as Media server.

48 minutes ago, BShuk said:

wonder whether this is a corrupted file issue or something else.

Have tried optimizing your Database? There is maybe something corrupted there... Audirvana FILE Menu... Library... Optimizing Library... do the 3 steps there, yes 1, 2, 3 even if it says it could be long... it's not that long (FYI i have 34000 tracks in my database with a late 2012 Mac and it takes around 5 mins max to do it).

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

On 11/21/2017 at 5:51 AM, damien78 said:

This is already the case, the Disc number tag is a number tag.

In the present case, it seems the disc number tag is empty, and it is only written in the album title that is a text field.

Solution is then to edit these few albums to set their disc number tag.

All the disc number fields had already been filled 1-52 and still it doesn't work correctly 1 then 11 etc.

8 minutes ago, Dandaman said:

Try "01", "02", "03"...  "09", "10", "11" and so on.

That would probably work, but really, should that be necessary? Lots of computer programs can figure this out without people needing workarounds that might involve changing metadata on thousands of files. iTunes is ugly, and the sound not in this league... but it has been able to sort correctly since day one - even when the numbers and text are in the same field (i.e., title field: Symphony 1 then Symphony 2, not Symphony 10).

On 11/23/2017 at 9:42 PM, RunHomeSlow said:

Have tried optimizing your Database? There is maybe something corrupted there... Audirvana FILE Menu... Library... Optimizing Library... do the 3 steps there, yes 1, 2, 3 even if it says it could be long... it's not that long (FYI i have 34000 tracks in my database with a late 2012 Mac and it takes around 5 mins max to do it).

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried Optimizing Library.  Still it did not work.  May be something more fundamental.  

On 11/3/2017 at 6:35 PM, fourstrings1891 said:

@damien78

A+ remote forgets the pairing and ask for the pairing code now and then, which is quite annoying. And it constantly loses the connection to A+: "Trying to connect to:..." -> "Select a Mac". Works for some time, then needs to connect again.

Haven't tried it very much, but the 1.7.1 update feels much more reliable so far.

Is anybody out there using 3.1 successfully thru the ultrarendu with the mpd/dlna switcher? Unsuccessful here.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

56 minutes ago, jamesg11 said:

Is anybody out there using 3.1 successfully thru the ultrarendu with the mpd/dlna switcher? Unsuccessful here.

I have microRendu (not ultra), but working fine for me.

What issue are you having?

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

15 minutes ago, jhwalker said:

I have microRendu (not ultra), but working fine for me.

What issue are you having?

Are you doing any DSD up-sampling or just bit perfect playback?

I posted my issue here with my ultraRendu to Damien on the 21st to Damien but no response. 

Any DSD128 upsampling or higher for me doesn’t work with A+

It’s a gigabit ethernet network and Roon can upsample to DSD512 on this same network without a hiccup.

As with @jhwalker microRendu works beautifully for me.  No experience of the ultra.

Edit: Upsampling to DSD256 with Mac.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Likewise, I’m getting everthing working well with Roon - but A+ from an uptoned-macmini is just not functioning properly: continual stuttering is the main issue.

At times, it’ll ‘settle’ & I can play pcm16/44 & dsf64 files, with no upsampling; mostly it struggles with even that. Done the usual trashing & re-install of A+.

It was clearly superior before 3.1 & the rendu.

Any ideas ... settings etc?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

As with @jhwalker microRendu works beautifully for me.  No experience of the ultra.

Jud, your setup is similar to my earlier pre-rendu arrangement, though without A+ 3.1.

Quite possibly your mac is more able to handle the upsampling rigours than my mini.

Good thinking - would certainly be appreciated!

3 hours ago, Jud said:

Same, upsampling to DSD256.

5a20be7acba24_AudirvanaPreferences2017-11-3020-28-21.thumb.png.764f3959d47204cef8745564e1a8efe9.png

5a20be9f349c2_AudirvanaPreferences2017-11-3020-28-53.thumb.png.353d72e54437aa98685a1273e31ed879.png

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

On 10/28/2017 at 5:06 PM, fourstrings1891 said:

I think I can reproduce it every time now:

1. Stop playback and clear current the play queue

2. Drag som tracks to the play queue

3. Double click the first track

Playback won't start. If I then double clicking the second track, playback will start. And after that I can also double click the first track to initate playback. 

Reproducible on two different computers with both network renderer and USB DAC.

On 11/3/2017 at 6:35 PM, fourstrings1891 said:

@damien78

A+ remote forgets the pairing and ask for the pairing code now and then, which is quite annoying. And it constantly loses the connection to A+: "Trying to connect to:..." -> "Select a Mac". Works for some time, then needs to connect again.

Still happening in A+ Remote 1.7.1/A+ 3.1.8.

Plus it forgets my settings for Active Audio Device, Max. PCM Sample Rate and Forced Upsampling. It's really annoying to have to pair and setup these settings every now and then.

On 11/30/2017 at 6:44 PM, Em2016 said:

Whenever you get a spare moment can you kindly screenshot the 2 or 3 relevant A+ settings pages?

Might help both me and Jim @jamesg11

That won't be for a while, as I'm in the middle of a 2000-mile move.  I hope @jhwalker's screenshots are helpful in the mean time.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 hours ago, Jud said:

That won't be for a while, as I'm in the middle of a 2000-mile move.  I hope @jhwalker's screenshots are helpful in the mean time.

E to W or vice versa? Home moves are usually painful but the prospects are usually exciting!

53 minutes ago, jamesg11 said:

E to W or vice versa? Home moves are usually painful but the prospects are usually exciting!

The former. :)

Preferences 3.1.8:

Why I have to check Direct Mode in order to have Integer Mode options 1 and 2? Is Integer Mode not independent from Direct Mode?

Int.png

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya