IGNORED

Any MQA albums on Tidal you´d really recommend?

With my new AQ Dragonfly Red I finally have an MQA compatible DAC; so I signed up to the three month free trial for Tidal you get via Audirvana to get some actual MQA content.

Are there any really well done MQA albums out there you´d recommend checking out?

I don´t want to go into any discussions about vaporware or not here (note I´m personally skeptical about the user benefits of this technology), but rather have some examples I can use to make up my own mind. 

Everyone I've played it for is impressed that Fleetwood Mac's Rumors album on Tidal sounds so different from my copy ripped from CD. But if you are trying to evaluate the benefits of MQA, perhaps you need to compare things you already have hi-res versions of with their Tidal Master versions, so you are comparing hi-res with hi-res+MQA.

2 hours ago, coleb13 said:

Everyone I've played it for is impressed that Fleetwood Mac's Rumors album on Tidal sounds so different from my copy ripped from CD.

That album has been remastered a few times. Even the order of the tracks varies. Chances are your CD and the MQA version are from different masters.

• 3 weeks later...