IGNORED

Someone poked my speaker... Damaged??

Hello guys...

My appartment is beeing visited to be sold and i just saw tonight that someone put his fingers on the cone of my right speaker... Arf!!

First picture is the left one untouched, the second picture is the right speaker (cone pushed in of the midrange one) and the third picture is what i managed to do with moving gently the inner bubble outside to make the cone out again... It seems to look pretty like it was before but could it be affected in any way?

Thank for advices... Yes i will put my protect screen for new visits now.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

My sympathy!  I have learned never to invite my friends to bring their little kids over unless I put on the grills.  They tend to think the cones are buttons that will do something amusing when you press them.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

13 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

contact your real estate agent re repairs - if they dissemble contact the realtor who owns them; if that worthy dissembles file a complaint with the Board of Realtors in your state

The Agent is our landlord... she is a nice person. I'm not happy with what happened, i wrote her also with pictures, but as i mentionned and with the third picture, the cone is back like it was, it is made of soft rubber, so was easy just to slide the curve with my finger. It looks like it was before. it is not separated or cut. i wrote also the JMLab facebook page just waiting to see what they will tell me. i can unscrew the 4 screws and just put my thumb inside to push it out more precise maybe, but will wait the open the speaker face :)

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

This is the answer i just received from JMLab speakers... if you can read french...

Bonjour Monsieur, Ne vous inquiétez pas, ce sont des cônes de protections mais ils sont passifs, cela n’aura aucune incidence sur le rendu de l’enceinte. Nous vous remercions pour votre confiance et vous souhaitons une bonne journée.

They are saying that i don't have to be worry at all, because they are just protective passive cones

and there will be no lost in acoustic listening...  :)