IGNORED

New John Kenny Power Supply....

9 minutes ago, jin said:

Funny you order from yourself.

I had the same thought.

The fact that DA went from "I just discovered these products" to "JK is a genius" to "I just ordered this product" in the space of a few posts makes me suspect that thread is just JK or his sock puppet trying to get free publicity for his products.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

31 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Batteries are all "fully" floating power supplies. They have no leakage currents because there is no ground return.

Thank you, and in a system which already has multiple different chassis and safety grounds in place, the use of a battery supply in the mix might then have a positive effect on sound quality by minimizing or eliminating potential for ground loops or AC leakage?

To answer @plissken (even though he steered right around my question) my DIY Eneloop supply actually sounds significantly better, more revealing, better low-level detail, greater dynamic contrast, better sound stage focus etc... with the aforementioned penalty in terms of practicality ease of use: every 6 or so hours of run-time it needs a recharge, which does get old though not completely cumbersome.

Is the above indicative of me having identified or solved some sort of "problem" as @plissken referred to it? I don't know, but it sounds better than an iPower despite that need to recharge.

15 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

I had the same thought.

The fact that DA went from "I just discovered these products" to "JK is a genius" to "I just ordered this product" in the space of a few posts makes me suspect that thread is just JK or his sock puppet trying to get free publicity for his products.

Watching closely to make sure DA isn't JK. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

45 minutes ago, Kilauea50 said:

Yes and I am powering the battery with the LPS-1.  It really is a fantastic setup. It plays all day when I am home and have had no issues whatsoever. 

And what is driving your LPS-1?

What would you say if I told you the LPS-1 doesn't eliminate any 60Hz AC leakage?

26 minutes ago, Les Habitants said:

To answer @plissken (even though he steered right around my question) my DIY Eneloop supply actually sounds significantly better, more revealing, better low-level detail, greater dynamic contrast, better sound stage focus etc... with the aforementioned penalty in terms of practicality ease of use: every 6 or so hours of run-time it needs a recharge, which does get old though not completely cumbersome.

Is the above indicative of me having identified or solved some sort of "problem" as @plissken referred to it? I don't know, but it sounds better than an iPower despite that need to recharge.

What steps have you taken to see what is going on with your setup and have you taken anytime to learn how to assess and measure the output coming out of your DAC?

44 minutes ago, plissken said:

No, I'm asking you what problem you currently have and how you know. 

Yes, you answered my question with 3 questions, please accept that reality.

No, I didn't state anywhere that any "problem" existed, I said I built a DIY battery supply out of AA size Eneloops, because it was easy and fun to try and would eliminate the only SMPS in that set-up.

Sure enough it sounds better with the battery, furthering my interest in such possibilities.

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

For most people the answer is none. Why do you care so much what other people do?

Good point, puzzling to say the least. 

50 minutes ago, plissken said:

have you taken anytime to learn how to assess and measure the output coming out of your DAC?

Learn how to assess and measure the output of my DAC? Meaning listen to it with my ears?

I can state with absolute certainly I am NOT John Kenny, I have NO AFFILIATION with John Kenny, and I have not ever

spoken to John Kenny,

I only have been aware of his products via reviews, period.

Posters start threads about new products every single day here.  Get over it, as much as you would love to believe I am John Kenny, move on.

19 minutes ago, Superdad said:

No problem.   Amir was not measuring leakage.  But I won't spoil the tale here.

What do you call the 60/120/180 etc sprurie? Why is it 60 Hz? 

When is 60/120/180 fundamental and even/odd harmonics not AC leakage or capacitance of some kind? Does the LPS1 prevent AC loop?

What is your interpretation of this?

Low bandwidth lps1 with Meanwell Supply.png

Low bandwidth with Linear Supply.png

3 hours ago, plissken said:

And what is driving your LPS-1?

What would you say if I told you the LPS-1 doesn't eliminate any 60Hz AC leakage?

Why would it eliminate leakage in a loop that doesn't involve it? Also why would you draw a conclusion from a single graph? In the absence of a schematic, the graph is meaningless.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

2 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Why would it eliminate leakage in a loop that doesn't involve it? Also why would you draw a conclusion from a single graph? In the absence of a schematic, the graph is meaningless.

Alex said it would for starters that it would prevent AC loop through the regen. 

I didn't draw a conclusion from an unknown. I know the layout of equipment involved and it's common of a typical setup. 

2 minutes ago, jabbr said:

You posted the graph, at the very least post the schematic.

I don't have to. Alex said it would stop the AC leakage through the ISOR. It doesn't so far regardless of system topology unless Alex shows us something else. 

Isolation means 'To Isolate' ergo break the path of least impedance. 

Just now, plissken said:

I don't have to. Alex said it would stop the AC leakage through the ISOR. It doesn't regardless of system topology unless Alex shows us something else. 

Ok then you are  posting irrelevant and out of context graphs that have absolutely zero meaning without a schematic. 

Custom room treatments for headphone users.