IGNORED

New John Kenny Power Supply....

1 minute ago, plissken said:

Chris it isn't a personal attack.

Yes it is, we all know what you meant. Save the literal meaning lessons.

Why don't you stay out of threads when you have nothing meaningful in the way of first hand product experience (either positive or negative) to contribute?

I am interested in this and other battery power supplies, your negative tone and off-topic attack doesn't help me or others to learn more about the thread topic.

3 minutes ago, plissken said:

Why don't you all ask jkenny how he proposes to chassis ground chassis made from plastic. 

I built a DIY supply using AA size Eneloop NiMH batteries wired in series.

It is not grounded to any chassis, and works fine though only about 6 hours run-time in my application.

So battery supplies such as this are supposed to be chassis grounded then?

13 minutes ago, plissken said:

No you don't know what I meant. It's not on me to make sure you understand the definition.

I'm quite sure that I do know what you meant, and I do understand the literal definition of the word you posted too, it's not incredibly complex.

Thank you for the warning, so noted.

I don't think I'm interested in any ASR/WBF thread wars, and I'm not a member on either of those forums, but thank you all the same.

12 minutes ago, Digital Assassin said:

So the first time you got your post removed was not enough for you troll?

Go back with the other ASR cockroaches.

You are new. The long-standing member that you are calling out is respected around here.

If someone tells you something you don't want to hear, ignore their post.

I'd like see you buy the unit, and then post your review here. That would be helpful.

I have the ISO-DAC and 2 ISO-PS - one powering the uR - any could not be happier.  I never knew the background could be so black - I mean dead silent and the bass is phenomenal.  I have not heard the best of the best audiophile equipment, but sonically this is superior to anything I have ever had or heard.  I don't know anything about the science but I know what I hear and it is very good. 

19 minutes ago, plissken said:

I'd like see you buy the unit, and then post your review here. That would be helpful.

I'd like to see someone do that too, but it probably won't be me as the cost is maybe just a bit prohibitive for that leap of faith to ship this unit to Canada.

Maybe if Ciunas adopts a Canadian importer/distributor or something, that might be a way to get a better take on this unit. I'm curious which voltage regulator is used.

Just now, Digital Assassin said:

LOL!!! That is just TOO rich...

The "you are new" card...

"respected" member. What a fantasy.

Now if anyone is not going to post about the unit itself..TAKE A HIKE.

I don't usually annnounce when I put another member on my ignore list, but you are special.

4 minutes ago, Kilauea50 said:

I have the ISO-DAC and 2 ISO-PS - one powering the uR - any could not be happier.  I never knew the background could be so black - I mean dead silent and the bass is phenomenal.  I have not heard the best of the best audiophile equipment, but sonically this is superior to anything I have ever had or heard.  I don't know anything about the science but I know what I hear and it is very good. 

Thank you, thats very useful to me as I'm considering an mR, I guess you've got that power supply configured for 6.6v?

Any idea which voltage regulator is is use?

13 hours ago, Digital Assassin said:

While researching power supplies for the microRendu, I stumbled upon the new John Kenny series of ISO products..

this battery power supply looks nice for 250 Euros.

https://www.ciunas.biz/product-page/iso-ps

f40592_c7dad42b56c1475e8724534f11e0f310~

That's awfully expensive for an LiFePO4 battery with ">2a" ... typically batteries are rated in Amp hours. Batteries are, you know, batteries.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

24 minutes ago, Les Habitants said:

I built a DIY supply using AA size Eneloop NiMH batteries wired in series.

It is not grounded to any chassis, and works fine though only about 6 hours run-time in my application.

So battery supplies such as this are supposed to be chassis grounded then?

My point being is he doesn't know what he's talking about. 

What does a fully floated supply do for you? What problem do you have that it fixes? If you have said problem how do you know? 

8 minutes ago, Les Habitants said:

Thank you, thats very useful to me as I'm considering an mR, I guess you've got that power supply configured for 6.6v?

Any idea which voltage regulator is is use?

If you go to his site, there is a chat option on the products page and he will answer any questions you might have.  

6 minutes ago, plissken said:

My point being is he doesn't know what he's talking about. 

What does a fully floated supply do for you? What problem do you have that it fixes? If you have said problem how do you know? 

LiFePO4 batteries are well known and perfectly good batteries for battery supplies. Typically rated at 3.2 V and can be placed in series for 6.4 volts etc. They can be purchased in all the known places.

Batteries are all "fully" floating power supplies. They have no leakage currents because there is no ground return.  Again, eu 250 might be awfully pricey for a battery unless its large.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.