IGNORED

More Schiit - Jil Analog to Digital Converter

2 hours ago, Gonzbull said:

I own a Dangerous Music Source DAC that uses Burr Brown chips and it's an excellent piece of kit. 

The Jil seems to be a waste of resources as there are many ADCs on the market with way more features and at the same price point as mentioned above. 

So you can record to a PC/Mac with the Dangerous Music Source?

Apart that, it's not only about the ADC Chip used, and all the features. It's mostly about proper implementation, clean power supply and so forth.

It certainly has it's place for serious single source recordings, less so if you want more studio oriented features like mixing and whatnot.

5 minutes ago, Abarth said:

So you can record to a PC/Mac with the Dangerous Music Source?

Apart that, it's not only about the ADC Chip used, and all the features. It's mostly about proper implementation, clean power supply and so forth.

It certainly has it's place for serious single source recordings, less so if you want more studio oriented features like mixing and whatnot.

Yup I agree. The Source is a DAC as I mentioned. I use Lynx Aurora converters for recording. 

They may do far more, but who say's they do the recording equally good?

Good value for money is not just counting features or listing the ADC type used, but there is more to it, starting with a good analog input stage, clean clock, and so forth. Jil is not gear for instrument recording/monitoring. If one needs all this, he/she should not buy Jil, methinks.

Having also 44.1 kHz multiples make only sense if you'll plan to burn RedBook CD's (though you can change to other sample rates with SOX or so). I prefer one clock family, instead spending money for two clocks (or crystals) just install a better one for the same money.

Adding a phono stage is adding cost. People who want to digitize LP's usually already have something like a phono stage.