IGNORED

Amir misses the point again: Looks for the music in the noise.

9 minutes ago, Quadman said:

Doesn't Uptone claim it cleans up and regenerates the signal, that would be before the dac.  Look at the eye test Alex posted in the first post of Listening impressions of the IR, clearly a difference.  Granted a dac could still tell a 1 or 0 in the without but cleaner in generally equals cleaner out.

Differing meanings for what constitutes 'signal' here, I added clarification to my post to explain by 'signal' I meant the stream of numbers. Yes it cleans up the analog waveform but it never was bad enough in the first place to introduce errors in the stream of numbers.

7 minutes ago, Quadman said:

whats your story of the eye test Alex and I both pointed to?

I'm going to again mention two things:

1. Benchmark used a 100 foot cable and the output was perfect

2. I want to see the output of the DAC

On point two I'm convinced that their product can absolutely do something for a poorly engineered DAC. I'm also convinced it can technically deteriorate the output of a $79 Behringer that otherwise shows above average jitter performance when compared to both a $349 iFi and $2000 Mytek.

Just now, plissken said:

Devil's in the detail here - how do you define 'output of the DAC' ? If by this you mean the centre pin voltage of the RCA (assuming unbalanced output) minus the shield of the RCA's voltage, you'll be missing what Amir's been missing repeatedly.

2 minutes ago, opus101 said:

Devil's in the detail here - how do you define 'output of the DAC' ? If by this you mean the centre pin voltage of the RCA (assuming unbalanced output) minus the shield of the RCA's voltage, you'll be missing what Amir's been missing repeatedly.

I define it as what the regen was purported to fix. Claims are being tested. Amir already answered the objection raised earlier and I've yet to see anyone topple him from the position he's taken. You can sign up over there and show him his error and he will correct if it's needed.

By virtue of seeing what it did indeed fix, we can then on reciprocal, know when it doesn't.

5 minutes ago, plissken said:

I'm going to again mention two things:

1. Benchmark used a 100 foot cable and the output was perfect

On point two I'm convinced that their product can absolutely do something for a poorly engineered DAC. I'm also convinced it can technically deteriorate the output of a $79 Behringer that otherwise shows above average jitter performance when compared to both a $349 iFi and $2000 Mytek.

Ok Plissken, what would you like to happen here? You seem completely set on the fact that an ISO Regen will do nothing for you.  Why would anyone here spend a second of their valuable time greasing your squeaky wheel? Why don't you buy one measure it, listen to it, and if you don't like it return it?

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

4 minutes ago, plissken said:

I want to see the input to my dac; is it improved or not, the eye test seems to say it is.  My ears with my Dac say maybe just a touch better.  Better in better out.  I trust my ears in the analog domain, I just can't hear those digital signals.

As to the berhinger could it be the usb in hub is very cheap and somehow the IR buss Voltage out overdrove the behringers input, whereas most every dac may have a more robust input tolerance.

3 minutes ago, plissken said:

I define it as what the regen was purported to fix.

I take that as you saying you have no idea how to define it. If Alex has 'purported' something do provide a link.

I have already explained to Amir the error of his ways, before he was banned from WBF. He showed no interest in updating his cognitive map then, why would he be more open now?

2 minutes ago, Quadman said:

I want to see the input to my dac; is it improved or not, the eye test seems to say it is.  My ears with my Dac say maybe just a touch better.  Better in better out.  I trust my ears in the analog domain, I just can't hear those digital signals.

What DAC do you have?

1 minute ago, plissken said:

I think Amir's testing has defined where this class of product can make a difference. I wonder how many DAC designers would willingly admit that they pooched the USB input on their DAC's and the various regen products fill the pothole of their own making?

I didn't ask what Amir wanted here, I asked what you wanted.  How can we help you?

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio