IGNORED

USPCB A>B Adapters can now be ordered at UpToneAudio.com!

13 hours ago, Le Concombre Masqué said:

I understand that in order to get rid of any cable and even of any non Uptone device between my MBPr and TEAC 501 with an unboxed Green USB Regen card in between, I need 2 USPCB A>B Adapters ; is it a good idea to order 2  turned 90-degrees USPCB A>B Adapters ?

Hi: Are you considering placing your MacBook Pro laptop behind your Teac DAC, close enough to use a USPCB from the laptop to the DAC?  You would need to set the laptop on book or something to position it--and any REGENs--at the correct height to align its USB port with that of your DAC.

ud-501-b(jpn)_rear.thumb.jpg.7feaf4f10612fc5293e3435b8918f6d2.jpg

In any case, you would definitely want to stay with our standard orientation--and not the 90-degree rotated 'B' plug version.

13 hours ago, Le Concombre Masqué said:

Is postage charged twice to France ?

Of course not!  In fact, you could order a dozen USPCB A>B Adapters and they would ship overseas for the same $14.  They weigh next to nothing.  The cost is because any non-bendable item--even in a padded pouch--gets considered by the post office as a "package," and $14 is the amount we pay for First Class Air Mail.  

(Actually, because I set up the USPCBs as a 4 ounce items our system--for our ease when shipping--orders for a whole bunch of them would likely trigger a larger shipping charge, which I would see and refund.  But 2-3 of them will still bill at just the $14; $3 in USA.)

11 hours ago, Superdad said:

Hi: Are you considering placing your MacBook Pro laptop behind your Teac DAC, close enough to use a USPCB from the laptop to the DAC?  You would need to set the laptop on book or something to position it--and any REGENs--at the correct height to align its USB port with that of your DAC.

ud-501-b(jpn)_rear.thumb.jpg.7feaf4f10612fc5293e3435b8918f6d2.jpg

In any case, you would definitely want to stay with our standard orientation--and not the 90-degree rotated 'B' plug version.

Of course not!  In fact, you could order a dozen USPCB A>B Adapters and they would ship overseas for the same $14.  They weigh next to nothing.  The cost is because any non-bendable item--even in a padded pouch--gets considered by the post office as a "package," and $14 is the amount we pay for First Class Air Mail.  

(Actually, because I set up the USPCBs as a 4 ounce items our system--for our ease when shipping--orders for a whole bunch of them would likely trigger a larger shipping charge, which I would see and refund.  But 2-3 of them will still bill at just the $14; $3 in USA.)

thank you Alex. I can't place my MacBook Pro laptop behind my Teac DAC where it is at the moment. Maybe if I switch the pre and DAC placements : will check when back home and hopefully be able to order 2 USPCBs, one on each side of my unboxed Green USB Regen. Another silly question in the age of RFI/EMI phobia : though the devices appear well shielded, could such a physical proximity defeat the purpose ?

As of the height, I might rather go for an extra inner tube ;-) http://barrydiamentaudio.com/vibration.htm

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2017 at 8:51 AM, Superdad said:

Hi Charles:

Glad you like the USPCB A>B Adapter.  These things have been selling like crazy, so I guess you are not alone. 

And to those waiting, I promise that the version with microB plug in place of full size USB 'B' is in the works.  John and I have just bee very busy with other things...9_9

--Alex C.

G'day Alex

Are the USPCB micro B adapters going to be available in the next few weeks?? :D Or month 9_9. I'm hoping to have the funds to order an iso regen soon to go between my sms200 and chord mojo. I am considering getting 2 USPCB's (hopefully one of them micro B)...I am also trying to figure out the spacial gymnastics of getting the USPCB's to have the correct orientation so that the mojo is facing upwards after everything is connected:S. This isn't helped by the fact that the sms200 has a vertical connector (usb A) in the opposite orientation to what I thought was standard - but maybe there is no standard. The larger gap in the USB A port is on the right when looking at the back of the sms200.

Will the micro B USPCB have the micro B oriented with the wider flat side facing up?

Thanks

Brendan

16 hours ago, Bricki said:

Are the USPCB micro B adapters going to be available in the next few weeks?? :D Or month...

Hi Brendan:

We have not forgotten about the microB version of the USPCB, it is just that we still have a lot going on and that project--simple as it is--keeps getting pushed behind other top priority tasks for John.  We will get there, but not before the end of 2017. Sorry.:|

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

Hi Brendan:

We have not forgotten about the microB version of the USPCB, it is just that we still have a lot going on and that project--simple as it is--keeps getting pushed behind other top priority tasks for John.  We will get there, but not before the end of 2017. Sorry.:|

Ok then, I will wait patiently :cool:. Audioquest does make a USB type B to micro B hard adapter that I might have to get as a temporary fix to use with the USPCB ....however,  I assume it would degrade some of the goodness of the USPCB??? 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:59 PM, Superdad said:

Hi Brendan:

I am really looking forward to this.  Thanks for including this in you Uptone product plans.

PS Audio P5 Power Plant>HQ Player Mac Book Pro BootCamp Win10>NAA Mac Mini BootCamp Win 10>REGEN Green>REGEN Amber>IFI iDSD Micro>BHSE>Stax SR-009

7 hours ago, R1200CL said:

@Superdad

Any plans for a longer version of the USPCB ?

850864A4-0EE9-4452-9845-923FB75FA63A.jpeg

DF6BB88B-C5FC-429B-A880-ED33D3746484.jpeg

186A5AD1-69A6-4EC8-927B-ECDD26D97D42.jpeg

3C51A9DE-540C-4272-B39A-4D5AD1B6CDDC.jpeg

Two pcs USPCB and one of this adapter in-between perhaps? ?

https://www.google.se/search?q=USB+B+to+USB+A+female+adapter&client=tablet-android-google&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5tYeInPLXAhWpd5oKHWyFDGkQ_AUIESgB&biw=600&bih=960#imgrc=FGLNiVbsMQO_BM:

usb-adapter-usb-a-female-to-b-female-p6020-3166_zoom.thumb.jpg.b4035b6c7e6c847f057d32cd9f6072b8.jpg

🎛️  Audio System  

• 2 weeks later...

I installed one of the these to connect a Regen to the DAC in my father’s office system.    The impact was huge and immediately obvious - lower noise floor, improved clarity and increased dynamics.   My father could not believe the improvement and stated that this must be the highest return for the dollar in HIFI.   Anyway, I am going to purchase one to compare against my Audience USB cable which I think is excellent.  

Great product!

• 2 months later...
On 7/11/2017 at 2:59 AM, Superdad said:

Hi Brendan:

Hi Alex,

any news regarding the USPCB micro USB version? my Chord Hugo 2 is waiting ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I received and installed the Uptone usb adaptor yesterday. 

Using it between a RUR and a Arcam Irdac, it replaces a diy adaptor, (that had beat every usb cabel I have tried).

But the Uptone adapter is just sounding better, sound is more natural, and with very high level of detail in sound.

It`s a very good buy, much improvement for these few $

Asus Prime-P z590 MB. Intel Core  i5 11400 , Jcat usb XE Pci-usb card. Intel Optane m2 with Euphony Stylus software. And running Ramrod.

Jcat Femto Netcard. HDPlex linear w300, HDPlex 400 atx, HDPlex H5 case. MPAudio SLS-hpuln with JCat Optimo Nano Powering the Jcat XE pcie-usb card. Farad 3 lpsu powering the Netcard femto. 2 Buffalo 2008 switch. One stock, and one Buffalo 2008 switch with NewclassD Neutron star Clock powered by MPAudio SLS-hpuln,

Voltcraft fps_1132 lpsu Powering the fibernet box, and first Buffalo 2008 switch. With a Idovr regulator. 

4 minutes ago, Superdad said:

By the way, we had a small break in our super-busy-ness (x-D), so John finished the new USPCB Adapter layout for the frequently requested microB version (for Chord DACs, etc.).  Am submitting the board files and bill-of-materials to our board house today.  So it is safe to say that in about 4 weeks we will at last be able to offer this new version to those who have been asking for it.

yhea!! I've been waiting for this! superhappy x-D