IGNORED

USPCB A>B Adapters can now be ordered at UpToneAudio.com!

USPCB A>B Adapters can now be ordered on our web site!

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/uspcb-a-b-adapter

It's about darn time I know... :D

Ordered by themselves, First Class Airmail is $13 overseas, $9 to Canada, and $3 in the USA--regardless of quantity.

Added to a REGEN or LPS-1 order there is no extra postage--they weigh almost nothing.

If you wish to add an extra USPCB to an ISO REGEN order you are waiting on, follow this simple instruction:

1) Place a separate order for the USPCBs you want (remember to look at the new pictures to decide on orientation, and choose that from the drop-down above the AddToCart button;

2) Please use the same name, address, and e-mail as for your other pending order;

3) In the "Special Instructions" box of the Your Cart page, leave a short note that you have another order waiting;

4) Pay for your USPCB order--including shipping.

I will see your order and your note, and then will refund the shipping (of the USPCB).  We will combine your orders, and the extra USPCB will ship with your other product--via whatever delivery method you paid for with the ISO REGEN or LPS-1 order (typically Priority Mail).

Thanks everyone.

--Alex C.

Can you advise if the USPBC will be sold via Vortexbox for those of us in the UK and Europe?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

Hey Alex,

When somebody places an order for an ISO REGEN does it automatically come with the horizontal adapter? Does one have to specifically ask for the 90 degree version when ordering the IR?

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

1 minute ago, t_ram said:

Hey Alex,

When somebody places an order for an ISO REGEN does it automatically come with the horizontal adapter? Does one have to specifically ask for the 90 degree version when ordering the IR?

Hi:

Take a look at the ISO REGEN product page and you will see two drop-down selection bars above the AddToCart button.  One is for selection of power supply, the other is for orientation of the included USPCB A>B Adapter.

The default selection is the "Standard for normal horizontal position."  So when orders are placed , I really never know if someone consciously choose that or simply forget to make the choice.  But the Standard is more popular--by almost 3:1.

2 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Hi:

Take a look at the ISO REGEN product page and you will see two drop-down selection bars above the AddToCart button.  One is for selection of power supply, the other is for orientation of the included USPCB A>B Adapter.

The default selection is the "Standard for normal horizontal position."  So when orders are placed , I really never know if someone consciously choose that or simply forget to make the choice.  But the Standard is more popular--by almost 3:1.

Well count me in with the ones who forgot...or didn't realize to look for that option. ?

Just wanted to make sure as I just placed an order for the 90 degree version, which I'd prefer to receive now rather than when the IR ships. I wanted one of each so it appears it's all good. Thanks!

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

19 hours ago, Confused said:

Can you advise if the USPBC will be sold via Vortexbox for those of us in the UK and Europe?

17 hours ago, Superdad said:

Yes, Martin has a bunch of them on order with us.  We will ship them to him this coming week in box with more UltraCap LPS-1s he is getting. 

Thanks, that's good to know, plus it's nice to avoid the customs hassle for a relatively low cost purchase. .  ....and lastly, please accept my apologies for misspelling USPCB!

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

3 hours ago, Jean Plum said:

I want to try one with an SOTM sms200 - which has a vertical USB out - into my DAC. Does that mean I need a 90 degree one ?

Thanks.

Either version should be fine.  Please refer to the ne pictures on the product web page.  Depends upon what you are connecting.

If you are using an ISO REGEN, please keep in mind that it is more ideal to place it at the input of your DAC rather than at the output of your streamer. Although some people are making physical arrangements to have no cables at all--using USPCBs on both sides of the REGEN--it is more traditional to run a cable from the computer/streamer, and then the USPCB to connect the REGEN to the DAC.

FWIW, I'm posting this in case anyone is thinking of using an ISO Regen and a pair of USPCBs (1 straight and 1 90deg) with a 2011/2012/2014 Mac Mini and Schiit Modi Multibit - they line up almost perfectly without any need for height adjustment (note: I'm using the black stick-on feet that Schiit provides with the Mimby and nothing below my Mac Mini).  I wasn't sure whether I had to flip the Mimby over when I first placed my order for the USPCBs but this has proven not to be the case.

My early impression on this arrangement (it's still running in) is that it sounds a whole LOT better and clearer than the generic USB cable I was using previously.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I already received two units and I have removed all the USB cables between the PC and the USB interface for a DAC NAD M51. The result is very good. To the point that I'm going to try to mount everything in one box. Mini Pc, USB interface and USB conditioners to make it more convenient and practical.

A question Alex does not care. I am considering seeing the advantages of minimizing cables a
nd possibly connectors. The soldering directly with a very small cable pins (1") the USB interface connectors and USB conditioner and also its output AES / EBU with the DAC ¿Do you think it could be harmful or beneficial?
¿I guess you've never even considered designing an impedance adapter for an AES / EBU?
¿Where is it expected that more losses occur, in the contact of the connector (USB and AES/EBU) or simply is due to the length of the cable?

Sorry my bad english. Thank you.

I have a ISORegen plus an additional USPCB on order. I already know that it will be impossible to use the USPCB both pre & post ISORegen due to space requirements. My question is if anyone here have tried to use the Audioquest dragon tail with the USPCBs? I am planning to buy it and use it together with the USPCB between my Aries Mini and ISORegen and have the other USPCB between ISORegen and Brooklyn DAC.

http://www.audioquest.com/dragontail/dragontail-for-android-devices

dt-top-view.thumb.jpg.ebacf2c34170bc3219e5d113dd67fc53.jpg

Any SQ impressions with the combo would be appreciated! :)

Has anyone compared the Curious Regen Link to the USPCB?

I am getting a ISO Regen but am unsure about the longevity of using the USPCB and leaving it hanging hanging in mid air from the DAC's USB input.

Using both together as Cornan enquired above (in his case the AQ Dragontail), seems to be overkill.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

The detail on the website for the USPCB says it preserves impedance match.

But there's no mention of 90 ohms or the USB spec. I'm guessing though that this is what the impedance match refers to?

Yes, 90 ohms.  John used stripline impedance calculations (e.g. https://www.pasternack.com/t-calculator-stripline.aspx) in determining the correct trace width, thickness, spacing, and spacing from the above and below shield/ground planes; It is a 4-layer board.

Can anyone tell me the exact length of the USPCB (the exposed part)? Thinking about hanging the mR off of the back of my DAC V1 but need to make sure I have the space. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

1 hour ago, charlesphoto said:

Can anyone tell me the exact length of the USPCB (the exposed part)?

Hi Charles:

When plugged in at both ends, the distance from DAC back panel to source (REGEN, microRendu, etc.) panel is 45mm (this assumes USB jacks that are flush with their chassis panels--as most are).  So plugged in, the "exposed portion" is 45mm.  Add the depth of the microRendu etc. to determine if you have room.

--Alex C.

On 8/17/2017 at 10:02 AM, mikey8811 said:

Yes. Surprisingly better than the Curious Link.

I am getting a ISO Regen but am unsure about the longevity of using the USPCB and leaving it hanging hanging in mid air from the DAC's USB input.

I had to support both USPCBs, used Cardas Myrtle Blocks.

Using both together as Cornan enquired above (in his case the AQ Dragontail), seems to be overkill.

Various speakers, electronics, cable, etc. on loan for manufacturers' evaluation.

More or less permanently in use:

Schiit Iggy (latest), Ayre QB-9 DSD, Ayre Codex, Uptone Audio ISO Regen/LPS-1 Power supply, Berkeley Audio Alpha USB, PS Audio LanRover, Small Green Computer, Sonore ultraRendu, gigaFOIL4 ethernet/optical filter - Keces PS-3 power supply, (3) MBPs - stripped down for music only,  AQ Diamond USB & Ethernet, Transparent USB, Curious USB, LH Lightspeed split USB, Halide USB DAC, Audirvana +, Pure Music, ASR Emitter II Exclusive Blue amp, Ayre K-5xeMP preamp, Pass X-1 preamp, Quicksilver Mid-Mono Amps, Pass XA-30.5 amp, Duelund ICs & Speaker Cables, Paul Hynes SR-7 power supply, Grand Prix Audio Monaco Isolation racks & F1 shelves, Tannoy Canterbury SEs w/custom Duelund crossovers and stands, 2 REL 212SEs, AV RoomService EVPs, ASC Tube Traps, tons of CDs, 30 IPS masters, LPs.

http://www.getbettersound.com

On 8/17/2017 at 9:02 AM, mikey8811 said:

I did and found USPCB to be an incremental improvement over the Curious 200mm link.  Very close and both extremely good ... but I thought just a tad more clarity and detail from the USPCB. 

My comparison was done linking a microRendu 1.4 -> Chord 2Qute. 

3 hours ago, Superdad said:

Hi Charles:

When plugged in at both ends, the distance from DAC back panel to source (REGEN, microRendu, etc.) panel is 45mm (this assumes USB jacks that are flush with their chassis panels--as most are).  So plugged in, the "exposed portion" is 45mm.  Add the depth of the microRendu etc. to determine if you have room.

--Alex C.

Thanks Alex. 90 degree ordered. You might want to add the dimensions to the description. Best, CP

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Just wanted to let you know that this adapter has to be one of the best bargains in hifi (if you need usb that is). It really transformed the sound of my V1 and mR. I prefer the sound with the VBUS off, though another user on the Naim forum said he uses his on, so either way is good I guess. I found with it on the sound to be a bit more lean in the bass and not quite as musical, but then again it could be burn-in or just ear tricks. What  blows me away is the uniformity of the soundstage now, and the ability to really discern  everything in the music without any one thing overpowering the others. It also sounds from the next room like you're still in front. Fantastic stuff - plus the mR and LPS-1 are now nicely hidden round the back.

IMG_20170912_143320.jpg

1 hour ago, charlesphoto said:

Just wanted to let you know that this adapter has to be one of the best bargains in hifi...

Hi Charles:

Glad you like the USPCB A>B Adapter.  These things have been selling like crazy, so I guess you are not alone. 

And to those waiting, I promise that the version with microB plug in place of full size USB 'B' is in the works.  John and I have just bee very busy with other things...9_9

--Alex C.

12 hours ago, Superdad said:

And to those waiting, I promise that the version with microB plug in place of full size USB 'B' is in the works.  John and I have just bee very busy with other things...9_9

--Alex C.

That's great news Alex. Thank you - I am definitely in !!