Computer Audiophile

Rate this topic

hurka   

I want build one better sounding usb config,but my problem, the music stopped or don't want play.  error message : cant open audio device.Recognize ddc,but don't play.

I trial and changed every components,the problem come  only with uspcb.

any suggestion?

k-man   

The USPCB has a very small switch/toggle which you need to make sure the it is in line with 'ON' so there is current delivered to your DAC, and recognition will continue and playback will resume.

hurka   
15 hours ago, k-man said:

The USPCB has a very small switch/toggle which you need to make sure the it is in line with 'ON' so there is current delivered to your DAC, and recognition will continue and playback will resume.

If the switch off,ddc don't work.But ddc ok,blue led blinking,volumio os recognize usb audio device.I want play,just error message.Take out uspcb,all perfect.

Superdad   
37 minutes ago, hurka said:

If the switch off,ddc don't work.But ddc ok,blue led blinking,volumio os recognize usb audio device.I want play,just error message.Take out uspcb,all perfect.

Is is possible that you got a bad USPCB.  We recently saw a couple of them where 2 of the pins of 'B' plug (on one side of the board) were not soldered.  Now we watch for that.

So we can send you a replacement. Or, since I read from your other posts that you do DIY and likely have soldering ability, you can cut off the black shrink tubing, inspect the 'B' plug pins, and add solder as needed.  There really is nothing else on a USPCB to fail--especially since you say that the VBUS connection is working.

Feel free to sent us a note via our web site contact page.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

--Alex C. 

Superdad   
24 minutes ago, hurka said:

I take out the skin,perfectly soldered,alredy measured,so really don't know.....

Wow, well then I just don't know.  Unless there is some plug/jack contact problem.  That is a bit of a high stress set chain you have there. :$

rickca   

@Superdad I have a different USPCB mystery.

I have a mid-2012 15" rMBP with one USB3 port on each side.  When I plug a USPCB into the port on the left side, it works.  If I plug it into the port on the right side, I cannot get OS X (El Capitan) to see my micro iDSD.  Note that a USB cable works just fine in that same port on the right side, so it can't be the port itself.

So I have rMBP => USPCB => ISO REGEN => Lush cable => USB3 female B to female A adapter => micro iDSD.  This chain works fine with the port on the left side.  It works on with the port on the right hand side only if I substitute a normal USB cable for the USPCB.

Any idea what's going on?  I have another USPCB around here so I'll see if it works in the right side USB port.

I tried all the usual tricks ... disconnect/reconnect things, power off/on the ISO REGEN and so on.

Superdad   
28 minutes ago, rickca said:

Any idea what's going on?  I have another USPCB around here so I'll see if it works in the right side USB port.

Probably just a mechanical contact thing.  I recently had to send our collegiate son's Macbook Air back to Apple for a USB port that exhibited similar odd behavior.

(Most amazing thing is that since it was still under warranty, they sent us a special box with pre-printed FedEx label.  I dropped it at our rural FedEx shipping point on a Monday, and the arrived back to us--fully repaired, new logic board and other boards--that same Wednesday!  How the heck did they do that?  Same day repair.  Of course if it was out of warranty the job would have cost a fortune.)

rickca   

Well, it's apparently not the USB port and not the Lush cable, so it's either the ISO REGEN or the USPCB.

If I plug the Lush cable directly into the rMBP USB3 port, the micro iDSD is recognized reliably.  With the ISO REGEN and USPCB, sometimes the DAC is detected but not reliably.  You must be right that it's a mechanical contact thing because I saw the DAC detected and then it disappeared a minute later as if something were disconnected.

So what now?  Both the ISO REGEN and USPCB are brand new, so nothing is worn out from too many connect/disconnect.

I suspect it's the contact between the USPCB and the rMBP USB3 port that is the problem.  I had previously used this USPCB in the following manner with no problem

microRendu => USPCB => ISO REGEN => Lush cable => USB3 female B to female A adapter => micro iDSD

Now I'm just trying to change the microRendu in that chain to my rMBP.  Of course, the unreliable connection is what definitely sounded best!

So nothing is actually defective, but the connection between the USPCB and the rMBP USB3 port is unreliable.  That shouldn't happen, right?  When I find my other USPCB, I'll let you know if it has the same issue.

R1200CL   

Seems to be the right thread to post my small USPCB problems. Well maybe it’s not the USPCB. 

Short version: with USPCB I get dropouts. With a “bad” usb cable it’s fine. 

And it’s the same for both USPCB’s I have. 

I’m testing MQA. From Roon. And since I had problems with VASAPI (ASIO is fine) from my HTPC, I thaught why not just connected the Explorer2 DAC direct with my MicroRendu with LPS-1using the USPCB. 

Which of cause is impossible unless you use the correct adapter. (I have)

Will there ever be a USPCB with mini usb interface?

So what happens is that I get a lot of dropouts. Or the music stops. Very often. 

Coud it be the adapter. No. Tested. So don’t think so. 

I wish I could solely blame the USPCB 😀, but these dropouts do appear even with the  USB cable. But much more seldom. Very seldom. So there is a significant difference in using the USPCB and not. So I’m quite convinced the USPCB play a role. It could even be to perfect 😀

I tried to attach the AQ Coffee USB. The MicroRendu couldn’t see the Explorer2. Impossible. Strange. 

In the beginning I thaught these dropouts was network related. And maybe they still are, but it was changing  to a no name usb cable that made them go away.  Changing switches and/or Ethernet cables didn’t make a difference. 

Any thaught anyone what can be the problem ?

I guess it will be hard to convince Meridian that the Explorer2 has a bad designed usb interface, bet maybe that’s what it is. 

(I’m quite sure they will blame the usb connector in use)

@Superdad is there a way to do measurements ?

Other suggestions ?

Cornan   
12 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Seems to be the right thread to post my small USPCB problems. Well maybe it’s not the USPCB. 

Short version: with USPCB I get dropouts. With a “bad” usb cable it’s fine. 

And it’s the same for both USPCB’s I have. 

I’m testing MQA. From Roon. And since I had problems with VASAPI (ASIO is fine) from my HTPC, I thaught why not just connected the Explorer2 DAC direct with my MicroRendu with LPS-1using the USPCB. 

Which of cause is impossible unless you use the correct adapter. (I have)

Will there ever be a USPCB with mini usb interface?

So what happens is that I get a lot of dropouts. Or the music stops. Very often. 

Coud it be the adapter. No. Tested. So don’t think so. 

I wish I could solely blame the USPCB 😀, but these dropouts do appear even with the  USB cable. But much more seldom. Very seldom. So there is a significant difference in using the USPCB and not. So I’m quite convinced the USPCB play a role. It could even be to perfect 😀

I tried to attach the AQ Coffee USB. The MicroRendu couldn’t see the Explorer2. Impossible. Strange. 

In the beginning I thaught these dropouts was network related. And maybe they still are, but it was changing  to a no name usb cable that made them go away.  Changing switches and/or Ethernet cables didn’t make a difference. 

Any thaught anyone what can be the problem ?

I guess it will be hard to convince Meridian that the Explorer2 has a bad designed usb interface, bet maybe that’s what it is. 

(I’m quite sure they will blame the usb connector in use)

@Superdad is there a way to do measurements ?

Other suggestions ?

Hmmm. Drop-outs. There is just a million reasons for them to occur. IME they are normally network related. Not even unusual that a new router will cure an issue with drop-outs. Toshlink connections is also a common reason. Changing them to coxial or even USB can cure them. Grounding is the third problem. I will not even try to give you advice on that one before seeing your whole setup in detail.

My general advice would be to start with the router. Reset and start all over. It usually get stuff like drop-outs sorted out. If not, next up is grounding. That will take a while to sort out, but you can start with Alex C iSO Regen grounding tweak. 😁