6 hours ago, Charente said:

As an aside, and to be fair, the 'rendu' family still have a key role if you are interested a solution that does not rely on a computer being switched on or if you are a Roon user. There is a convenience factor for me if I switch the computer off and want to control my music from my armchair using just a phone or tablet. It's good to know that the EITR is not 'fussy' about what's feeding it to still be able to achieve that.

Oh, I love my microrendu and ultrarendu. The only difference any of this makes for me is that I may opt for a direct connection for my headphone system which is in the same room as my computer.

19 minutes ago, cfisher said:

Oh, I love my microrendu and ultrarendu. The only difference any of this makes for me is that I may opt for a direct connection for my headphone system which is in the same room as my computer.

Indeed !! ... Thinking about uses for the EITR, I have another smaller setup in the office ... just a cheap(ish) Aune DAC/AMP, whose S/PDIF input is better (to me) ... so, EITR may fit the bill there. I'll also use this smaller system as a 'transportable' when I go away.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

I bought an Eitr last week to use with an Aurender N100H.  When I stream Tidal it works great, but when I try to play files from the Aurender's hard drive, there is no sound. 

I have 2 other USB-to-S/PDIF converters (Singxer F-1 and Mutec MC-3+ USB) and neither one has any trouble playing files from the hard drive. 

Before I contact Schiit or Aurender, I just wanted to know if anyone else is using an Eitr with an N100.

thank you

Dave

Laufer Teknik Memory Player / Lynx AES16e PCIe card

heavily-modded Audio Note DAC kit / Placette RVC volume control

Audio Note Quest Silver Signature amps / Audio Note AN-E SPe SE Signature speakers

Chord Mojo for headphones / Campfire Audio Andromeda SS IEM / InEar ProPhile 8 IEM

I am having an issue with the new Schiit Eitr. When my setup is CAPS>USB>Eitr>Coax>Modi Multibit I can play up to and including 24/192. When the setup is microRendu>USB>Eitr>Coax>Modi Multibit I can only play up to and including 16/48. With the first setup I am using JRiver (DLNA) and the second setup is JRemote (Tablet). Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 minutes ago, pas said:

I am having an issue with the new Schiit Eitr. When my setup is CAPS>USB>Eitr>Coax>Modi Multibit I can play up to and including 24/192. When the setup is microRendu>USB>Eitr>Coax>Modi Multibit I can only play up to and including 16/48. With the first setup I am using JRiver (DLNA) and the second setup is JRemote (Tablet). Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi pas - Did you install drivers for the Eitr when connected to the CAPS?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 hours ago, Dpetr said:

I bought an Eitr last week to use with an Aurender N100H.  When I stream Tidal it works great, but when I try to play files from the Aurender's hard drive, there is no sound. 

I have 2 other USB-to-S/PDIF converters (Singxer F-1 and Mutec MC-3+ USB) and neither one has any trouble playing files from the hard drive. 

Before I contact Schiit or Aurender, I just wanted to know if anyone else is using an Eitr with an N100.

thank you

Dave

What sample rate are the local files? Can you try 44.1 files?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yeah, for some reason I don't think the mR is seeing the Eitr properly. The Modi Multibit and the Eitr have different USB chips. 

Eitr uses C-Media CM-6631A.  From Schiit specs looks like Schiit uses this in all their DACs.  Where did you see that Modi Multibit uses something else?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

44 minutes ago, rickca said:

Eitr uses C-Media CM-6631A.  From Schiit specs looks like Schiit uses this in all their DACs.  Where did you see that Modi Multibit uses something else?

Good catch. I was thinking of something entirely different. I saw that the Modi, Eitr (Gen 5 USB) and all Schiit DAC (except Yggdrasil) use the same Windows driver as well.

Ok ... so, Schiit UK have some EITR's in stock now and I've ordered one. Will be interesting to make some personal comparisons in my setup to prove the claims and concensi ... just for my own self satisfaction and because I can.

My intial comparisons will be as follows:-

1. MacMini > Singxer F-1 with UpTone LPS-1 versus EITR > GMB

2. microRendu with UpTone LPS-1 > Singxer F-1 versus EITR > GMB

I expect No.1 will be no contest ... EITR, by all accounts, should win that ... but for me the No.2 could be an interesting test especially compared to MacMini > EITR > GMB.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Just now, Ralf11 said:

I look forward to your audition.  Can you do blind testing?

And are you in France?

Can I trust my partner to carry out the test for me ? Some training may be in order ! Need to watch the LPS-1 voltage settings  when switching from mR to F-1.

Yes I am.

20 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

What sample rate are the local files? Can you try 44.1 files?

I started with 44.1 files and those didn't play.  I've tried several sample rates from the files in the Aurender hard drive and none of them will play.   But when I stream Tidal, the Eitr will play all sample rates.  I did write to Schiit, and they offered to send a replacement, which is already on the way.

Laufer Teknik Memory Player / Lynx AES16e PCIe card

heavily-modded Audio Note DAC kit / Placette RVC volume control

Audio Note Quest Silver Signature amps / Audio Note AN-E SPe SE Signature speakers

Chord Mojo for headphones / Campfire Audio Andromeda SS IEM / InEar ProPhile 8 IEM

On 7/28/2017 at 3:11 AM, Dpetr said:

thank you

Dave

@dave, have you ever compared between eitr and singxer F1 or mutec. I've intention to upgrade from F1 to eitr, so this is really a valuable information for me and others also. Thanks Dave.

What coax cable is included with the eitr?

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

2 hours ago, Lesailes said:

@dave, have you ever compared between eitr and singxer F1 or mutec. I've intention to upgrade from F1 to eitr, so this is really a valuable information for me and others also. Thanks Dave.

I am not @dave.....but I have an opinion..

I have been listening (on a near filed setup that I am quite familiar with) back and forth between Singxer F-1/Yggdrasil and Eitr/Yggdrasil combo. There are five test songs that I used on my nearfield setup to compare tubes in both my headphone amp and my preamp. I know very well how these songs sound on different setups. These songs are:

Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison

Susie Q - CCR

Roundabout - Yes

The Pink Panther Theme - Henry Mancini (1993)

Come Together - Beatles

The Eitr is better than the F-1. With Eitr, the background is quieter. Instrument and voice separation are more distinct. The overall sound stage is better. The timbre of voices and instruments have more resolution, more detail. Bass is much more visceral but with improved clarity. Instead of being just a deep thud or single noise, you can pick out the vibration of the drum or strings. This is not all that surprising considering Eitr offers full galvanic isolation.

It's been a while since I listened to the LPS-1 powered ISO Regen/USPCB/Singxer F-1 combination. But, based on the improvements I remember that combo had over an F-1 by itself, I would say the Eitr is every bit as good as the LPS-1 powered ISO Regen/USPCB/Singxer F-1 combination. I do recall the soundstage improvements being better with the LPS-1 powered ISO Regen/USPCB/Singxer F-1 combination. I remember there being more laser-like focus on sound locations within the soundstage. But, I believe the bass performance of the Eitr is a bit better actually. There is the same clarity and detail with the bass but with more fullness and depth.

The Eitr is not quite as good in one area and is marginally better in another. Neither difference is what I would call significant. Both setups offer incredible soundstage and bass performance improvements over the Singxer F-12 alone.

When you consider the cost of each solution the Eitr is a steal!

The Eitr works wonders with my Mimby too!

11 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

I am not @dave.....but I have an opinion..

I have been listening (on a near filed setup that I am quite familiar with) back and forth between Singxer F-1/Yggdrasil and Eitr/Yggdrasil combo. There are five test songs that I used on my nearfield setup to compare tubes in both my headphone amp and my preamp. I know very well how these songs sound on different setups. These songs are:

Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison

Susie Q - CCR

Roundabout - Yes

The Pink Panther Theme - Henry Mancini (1993)

Come Together - Beatles

The Eitr is better than the F-1. With Eitr, the background is quieter. Instrument and voice separation are more distinct. The overall sound stage is better. The timbre of voices and instruments have more resolution, more detail. Bass is much more visceral but with improved clarity. Instead of being just a deep thud or single noise, you can pick out the vibration of the drum or strings. This is not all that surprising considering Eitr offers full galvanic isolation.

It's been a while since I listened to the LPS-1 powered ISO Regen/USPCB/Singxer F-1 combination. But, based on the improvements I remember that combo had over an F-1 by itself, I would say the Eitr is every bit as good as the LPS-1 powered ISO Regen/USPCB/Singxer F-1 combination. I do recall the soundstage improvements being better with the LPS-1 powered ISO Regen/USPCB/Singxer F-1 combination. I remember there being more laser-like focus on sound locations within the soundstage. But, I believe the bass performance of the Eitr is a bit better actually. There is the same clarity and detail with the bass but with more fullness and depth.

The Eitr is not quite as good in one area and is marginally better in another. Neither difference is what I would call significant. Both setups offer incredible soundstage and bass performance improvements over the Singxer F-12 alone.

When you consider the cost of each solution the Eitr is a steal!

The Eitr works wonders with my Mimby too!

@Speed Racer: Thanks so much for your very detail and clear comparison. I'm the owner of a gumby, so an eitr in front of it should fit very well :D.

Interesting impressions @Speed Racer  An EITR is on its way to me ... I'll be keen to see what it sounds like with a microRendu, compared to the F-1. Currently, this sounds very good in my setup, and best so far, particularly using the new Audirvana release streaming to the mR.

EITR now received ... it's tiny !

After about 2 hours warm up I decided to try it out. Bill Frisell's Small Town (24/96) I consider to be one of the more challenging albums in my collection. There are lingering guitar tones on track one that Bill lets 'ring' (using his amplification to effect). It's this decaying 'ring' between notes that some equipment 'muddle up'. The EITR presents these tones in a very well defined and satisfying way. I'm not left wondering that I may be missing anything. Thomas Morgan's double bass is also challenging but again wonderfully represented.

EITR is an accomplished performer and I will do a more detailed audition against the Singxer F-1 and directly from the MacMini, although on my initial listening thru the microRendu is very favourable.

14 hours ago, Charente said:

EITR now received ... it's tiny !

After about 2 hours warm up I decided to try it out. Bill Frisell's Small Town (24/96) I consider to be one of the more challenging albums in my collection. There are lingering guitar tones on track one that Bill lets 'ring' (using his amplification to effect). It's this decaying 'ring' between notes that some equipment 'muddle up'. The EITR presents these tones in a very well defined and satisfying way. I'm not left wondering that I may be missing anything. Thomas Morgan's double bass is also challenging but again wonderfully represented.

EITR is an accomplished performer and I will do a more detailed audition against the Singxer F-1 and directly from the MacMini, although on my initial listening thru the microRendu is very favourable.

Hello Charente, I am not able to play any files over 16/48000 through the microRendu connected to the Eitr. I am using DLNA through JRiver. Would you mind sharing your setup for comparison sake. Thanks in advance.

@pas ... I'll PM you