IGNORED

Dave's Picks 23

I waited a bit too long and boom..........sold out. Hopefully they will offer the download.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

3 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

they are selling subscriptions; the riff-raff get a chance at leftover CDs

Yep.  Ya gotta get the prescription.... errr, subscription.  It's the best medicine!  Bummer no downloads known to be planned.  I would love to hear this one in hi-res - they played some today on XM GD 23 and Lemieux was salivating and blabbering about this being the best Dave's so far for SQ and performance.  

Looking forward to receiving the CD!

You'll love this show.

It's been an all-time classic forever!

They call it the "Close Encounters" show because Jerry does a 5 minute solo/jam that has the Close Encounters theme noodled in there just before going into St. Stephen.

For 40 minutes... it's some of the Dead's best of 78 (which is saying a lot)

Other One>Close Encounters Jam> St. Stephen> Not Fade Away (WOW)

The band is on fire this night and hence, deadheads knowing this, knew this was a Dave's Pick they couldn't pass up.

Especially being recorded by Betty Cantor Jackson, who had a "knack" for making the right sound. Her Dead recordings are legendary... so this is a HUGE upgrade to the previously other soundboard source (which was really good to begin with)

A group with Bobby Weir, Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann is hardly a "cover band."  The only surviving member not in it is Phil Lesh (who now is fighting bladder cancer and can't sing anyway).

You might as well call the entire Grateful Dead a "cover band" for Robert Hunter, John Barlow, The Blind Rev. Gary Davis, etc.

A GD cover band is a group of local yokels who play at a bar in Felton.

1 hour ago, wgscott said:

A GD cover band is a group of local yokels who play at a bar in Felton.

Thanks for clarifying your opinion.  Easy fella... it wasn't a personal attack on you.

Opinions are appreciated, at least I thought.

If I said "spin-off"... is that also not acceptable to you?

Feel free to keep coming at me.  I have no quarrels with anyone

7 minutes ago, otherone said:

Thanks for clarifying your opinion.  Easy fella... it wasn't a personal attack on you.

Opinions are appreciated, at least I thought.

If I said "spin-off"... is that also not acceptable to you?

Feel free to keep coming at me.  I have no quarrels with anyone

Actually, thinking about this briefly.

I'm good not being here anymore.

I think people will appreciate me outta here seeing you told me how I should think.

Take care everyone.  it was a fun couple of months.

I will not be back to read anything.

Happy listening everyone

Going to listen to some Grateful Dead