IGNORED

Windows 10 64-bit USB to SPDIF converter

There may be quite a few DDCs today doing USB to S/PDIF / AES-EBU conversion that can work with the Microsoft UAC2 driver of Win10 RS2 (Creators Update).  I'm not aware of a list of such devices having been compiled, though.  Any DDC using a recent generation of XMOS USB interface chip has a good chance of working with the Microsoft UAC2 driver.

My Singxer SU-1 DDC is one of these.  I have successfully played up to 24/384K PCM content while running the Microsoft UAC2 driver.  However, with this driver I get only a subset of the SU-1 functionality.  This driver supports WASAPI but not ASIO (regardless of the hardware in use), and there is no support for native DSD playback, but only DoP (up to DSD256).  Specifically, I can't stream DSD512 through the SU-1 with the Microsoft driver, but with a different driver (belonging to Holo Audio Spring DAC) it works beautifully.

• 1 month later...

Bel Canto REFLink asynchronous USB converter.  The driver that comes with it is only for Windows 7 or older but the unit works without it.  It still shows up in my device manager as not installed but it works.  I just recently bought it and it is amazing.  I emailed support about the driver but yet to here back but like I said.  It works without it.