vortecjr

Sonore - Audirvana Plus 3.1 output mode

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

Direct Mode is a way to send audio data to a locally connected device (e.g. USB). It is not applicable to UPnP streaming.

Thanks so it's not set so I don't need to undo it somewhere?

47 minutes ago, Jamesroy said:

Thanks so it's not set so I don't need to undo it somewhere?

Right, it does not apply to Ethernet streaming.  (Direct mode, that is...)

Thanks, I've been using SOX filter and sounds better than default filter settings in A+. Was wondering if anyone has any other SOX settings I cold try?

Had an interesting experience when decoupling my headphone system from Mac Book Pro by using Ultrarendu. I have a Sony TA-ZH1ES headphone amp that upsamples to DSD, and I found that running Audirvana without upsampling and using the Sony for upsampling produced much the best sound quality. Switching to the Ultrarendu with a network server I was dismayed by the flat sound and digital hash. Then to my relief I discovered that upsampling to DSD in Audirvana was transformative (I'm using SOX). Whether or not I leave upsampling selected in the Sony is immaterial as it doesn't do anything with incoming DSD. You just never know... (at least I don't, as I have no idea about the reason for these contrary results).

John

2 minutes ago, johnwilk said:

Ultrarendu with a network server I was dismayed by the flat sound and digital hash

First, I would find the cause of the above, as that should never be the case regardless of oversampling or not.  It sounds like there may be some underlying problem (perhaps network related)?  Before going to oversampling I would expect to get excellent performance just sending bit perfect files through the uRendu and to your DAC (the Sony).

I’m suspecting noisy network gear, noisy power supply on network gear, or both.