IGNORED

Sonore - Audirvana Plus 3.1 Output Mode

Direct Mode is a way to send audio data to a locally connected device (e.g. USB). It is not applicable to UPnP streaming.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Thanks Damien!

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

47 minutes ago, Jamesroy said:

Thanks so it's not set so I don't need to undo it somewhere?

Right, it does not apply to Ethernet streaming.  (Direct mode, that is...)

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 3 weeks later...

Had an interesting experience when decoupling my headphone system from Mac Book Pro by using Ultrarendu. I have a Sony TA-ZH1ES headphone amp that upsamples to DSD, and I found that running Audirvana without upsampling and using the Sony for upsampling produced much the best sound quality. Switching to the Ultrarendu with a network server I was dismayed by the flat sound and digital hash. Then to my relief I discovered that upsampling to DSD in Audirvana was transformative (I'm using SOX). Whether or not I leave upsampling selected in the Sony is immaterial as it doesn't do anything with incoming DSD. You just never know... (at least I don't, as I have no idea about the reason for these contrary results).

John

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

2 minutes ago, johnwilk said:

Ultrarendu with a network server I was dismayed by the flat sound and digital hash

First, I would find the cause of the above, as that should never be the case regardless of oversampling or not.  It sounds like there may be some underlying problem (perhaps network related)?  Before going to oversampling I would expect to get excellent performance just sending bit perfect files through the uRendu and to your DAC (the Sony).

SONORE computer audio

• 10 months later...