IGNORED

Sonore - Audirvana Plus 3.1 Output Mode

12 minutes ago, Dougster said:

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply and maybe my post wasn't clear enough. I can already play 

MQA from Tidal Desktop and Audirvana and Pure Music on my MacBook (with the Pure being the best SQ for some  reason) with no problem. 

But I would like an UltraRendu option if possible. Jesus has indicated this should be possible..... but how? 

I made a mistake and edited my earlier post. Forgot about the newish Tidal app for LMS. Try it and see if it works.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

If the above doesn't work, try using the icksteam plugin for LMS and login to Tidal thru ickstream. 

That may work, I'm not  sure.

I know that both these methods will stream Tidal. I'm not sure they will stream MQA.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Yes that's correct, and I have ensured straight through operation in the three different MacBook-only programmes/setups I have used hitherto, but I don't understand where that is not happening in the Sonore Audirvana setup. Since I can play MQA via Audirvana and USB output without changing any settings on my MacBook,  and yet not via DLNA and the Rendu, where is the problem /  or setting that needs changed? I am not as yet familiar with where to look, please. 

Or is it an issue with Audirvana and DLNA implementation? Help appreciated.

Ultra sound quality seems good, but will do some more serious listening, including reverting back to MacBook to minimise expectation effects! 

Many thanks, everyone and I altered as in your screenshot, Jusus. I suspect the auto detect of MQA setting was the key one to alter! I also checked the software alteration of volume was disabled in Audirvana 

'Late night John Coltrane via Stax 009, and a sample of Rioja beckon.....

On 8/6/2017 at 5:26 PM, Dougster said:

I suspect the auto detect of MQA setting was the key one to alter!

That makes sense - I expect that when Audirvana is being told to recognize MQA, that's for the purpose of having Audirvana do the "first unfold", which makes sense to do when the destination is a non-MQA DAC but which would break things for an MQA DAC requiring an unmolested original MQA bitstream for MQA support.

2 hours ago, jbm0 said:

That makes sense

No, it doesn't - at least, what I wrote earlier is dumb, because looking closer I see that the option is to detect MQA DACs, not an MQA bitstream.

Can I really not delete or edit a post of my own which turns out to have been nonsensical?  I don't like that at all.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI:

Audirvana Plus 3.1 was been officially released and Sonore Ethernet to USB products (Sonicorbiter SE, microRendu, ultraRendu, and Signature Rendu SE) along with select Pioneer & Onkyo Group products are among the first to receive the "Works With Audirvana +" approval.  

17 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

FYI:

Audirvana Plus 3.1 was been officially released and Sonore products along with select Pioneer & Onkyo Group products are among the first to receive the "Works With Audirvana +" approval.  

...and I can testify it works 'really well' with my microRendu ! Good marketing tactic.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

On 8/25/2017 at 6:57 AM, vortecjr said:

FYI:

Audirvana Plus 3.1 was been officially released and Sonore products along with select Pioneer & Onkyo Group products are among the first to receive the "Works With Audirvana +" approval.  

To be clear, the Sonore Signature Rendu (SPDIF/I2S) does not currently work at all with Audirvana 3.1. The software sees the renderer as an output option but FLAC and DSF fail to play; Audirvana simply skips to the next track until the playlist ends. DSF creates some nasty pops on my system.

36 minutes ago, klweds said:

To be clear, the Sonore Signature Rendu (SPDIF/I2S) does not currently work at all with Audirvana 3.1. The software sees the renderer as an output option but FLAC and DSF fail to play; Audirvana simply skips to the next track until the playlist ends. DSF creates some nasty pops on my system.

Perhaps it would be more clear to say that Audirvana Ethernet streaming works with all current Sonore Ethernet streaming products.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Here's hoping. The original SSR has an astoundingly good sound that I would put up against any source out there. You will pry it from my cold dead hands.

It's worth nothing that the SSR consistently sounds better - slightly weightier with crisper imaging - when it does the FLAC decompression. Sending decoded WAV from, say, JRiver never sounds as good. (Theoretically this shouldn't be the case, but it clearly is.)

Audirvana *only* sends decompressed audio so I'm interested to hear where it ranks.

klweds:  Glad you are liking it.  The SSR with SPDIF and I2S is an excellent device.  BTW, although it is officially dis-continued, occasionally Sonore has one available, for those looking for an awesome SPDIF/I2S streaming source.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, getting some periods of annoying dropouts with A+ into ultraRendu.

Context: ultraRendu arrived a week or so back. No ethernet connection in room with audio gear. Uptoned 2011 macmini, iDSD micro BE dac.

Aware of the direct mac connection guide from Jesus. But went down that 'novel way to massively improve' ...

Bought a d-link dap-1650 wifi extender & powered it with a lpsu & set it up in its 'bridge mode'.

Ran ethernet from rendu & macmini (via TB adaptor) into it. HD into macmini via usb for music files. All good. Played it this way for a couple of days.

Then I went 'novel' - rendu ethernet into macmini & macmini TB adaptor into d-link. Set up bridge in Manage Virtual Interfaces. All good, & sounded really good!, for a short while only. Stuttering etc.

So I tweaked around on the macmini with A+ & got it playing for several hours without issue, & then stuttering resumed on & off ... unstable, unpredictable.

Ideas?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

If you went down that 'novel" way I'm afraid I can't help you because I don't keep track of that connection scheme. Maybe the guys promoting it can assist you. The unit is meant to be connected to a router or switch that connects back to the router. If your using a WiFi bridge the signal strength will matter a lot.   

Yes, correct re the wifi bridge - only got connection solid & consistent when I did a direct ethernet to router connect. The 'novel' bridge survives though.

Pity about the 10m of ethernet cable now running into the next room!

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

2 hours ago, jamesg11 said:

Yes, correct re the wifi bridge - only got connection solid & consistent when I did a direct ethernet to router connect. The 'novel' bridge survives though.

Pity about the 10m of ethernet cable now running into the next room!

Hey Jim, WiFi bridging will work but the new Wi-Fi 'mesh' systems handle this better, in my experience, if ethernet is not an option.

Get one of these from JB, depending on how many units you need. The beauty with JB is you can return it for a full refund the next day if you still get stuttering, so risk free. But I have a feeling you'll thank me.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/networking/linksys/linksys-velop-wi-fi-mesh-system-2-pack/354738/

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/networking/linksys/linksys-velop-wi-fi-mesh-system-3-pack/354739/

or

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/networking/netgear/netgear-orbi-high-performance-ac3000-tri-band-wifi-system/323517/

Or did you have it working well now already?

Cheers, Sean.

Thanks Sean, appreciated - you probably guessed that I don't know much of this stuff!

Tri-band, whoever knew ...? Will definitely look into improving the wifi here, though I've got A+ working steadily enough now.

Can someone clarify if Audirvana 3.1 works fine with Sonicorbiter 2.3?  I seem to have read different things in different places - I understood you need 2.5 ?

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's