IGNORED

Sonore - Audirvana Plus 3.1 Output Mode

This thread is intended to be a supplement to the Sonore Rendu series user manuals. The manuals contain quick start information that can be viewed here:

Sonicorbiter Rendu Series - User Manuals

In order to enable the Audirvana Plus 3.1 output mode please following these steps:

1. Sonicorbiter v2.5 is required for the Audirvana Plus 3.1 output mode. Sonicorbiter v2.5 is available for older microRendu and comes standard on new microRendu and on all ultraRendu and Signature Rendu SE. Sonicorbiter v2.5 is not available for the Sonicorbiter SE. If you need the purchase Sonicorbiter v2.5 you can do so here: https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/pages/sonicorbiter-2-5

2. Go to www.sonicorbiter.com and select to Manage your unit.

3. Once you are running Sonicorbiter v2.5 go to Apps / Software Manager and press update.

4. Go to Settings / MPD/DLNA and press Save.

5. Go to Apps / Audio App Switcher and confirm that you have a green Active status next to MPD/DLNA. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 5.33.11 PM.png

6. From Audirvana Plus 3.1 go to Preferences and then select the Audio System tab.

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 2.47.37 PM.png

7. Enjoy!

Looking forward to the A+3.1 release ... it seems I better order a v2.5 SD card first tho' !!

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

22 hours ago, vortecjr said:

In order to enable the Audirvana Plus 3.1 output mode please following these steps

Jesus, usually the messages you get when you complete an update tell you to reboot.  Is this unnecessary for this update?

Now it would be great if Damien releases A+ 3.1 so we can actually try it!

I think your title meant to say Sneak Peek.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

2 hours ago, rickca said:

Jesus, usually the messages you get when you complete an update tell you to reboot.  Is this unnecessary for this update?

Now it would be great if Damien releases A+ 3.1 so we can actually try it!

I think your title meant to say Sneak Peek.

At least go into Settings / MPD/DLNA and press save. It's coming soon. Spelling fixed.  

Jesus, on 7/23 Damien said 'I'll release the public beta end of next week'.  So we should see A+ 3.1 public beta any day now.  Is the required update to SonicOrbiter 2.5 available yet?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

56 minutes ago, rickca said:

Jesus, on 7/23 Damien said 'I'll release the public beta end of next week'.  So we should see A+ 3.1 public beta any day now.  Is the required update to SonicOrbiter 2.5 available yet?

We may need to do a small update....I'll keep you posted.

This works really well ... Audirvana streaming to microRendu is a great combination. Great work by Sonore & Audirvana for this long awaited feature... by me, at any rate.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

3 minutes ago, Dougster said:

This has convinced me to buy a UR and explore... love Audirvana and Qobuz via my humble MacBook Pro...

Yes, I started with a MacMini with Audivana and USB straight to the DAC. The SQ improvement with mR, when I got that, was VERY good and it meant, for the time being, Audirvana was not used.... which was a shame.

9 hours ago, Charente said:

This works really well ... Audirvana streaming to microRendu is a great combination. Great work by Sonore & Audirvana for this long awaited feature... by me, at any rate.

Thanks...I'll pass the compliment to Damien as well.

Yes looking forward to Ultra arriving at end of week.... should I take it to bits, measure my DAC output or just listen?O.o :D

More seriously can I play Qobuz independently or only via Audirvana? And in both cases what GUI do I see on my iPad.... normal Qobuz and Audirvana apps? 

And what happens to my existing Audirvana when using the 3.1 beta?

Thanks,

Bruce

1 hour ago, Dougster said:

Yes looking forward to Ultra arriving at end of week.... should I take it to bits, measure my DAC output or just listen?O.o :D

You won't have time ... you'll be too busy !

I can't speak for HQ Player or Roon (I think I read that Roon only supports Tidal)... don't use either. I believe both Logitech Media Server with Squeezelite and Bubble UPnP Server with Linn Kazoo will accommodate QOBUZ. However, Audirvana is the way to go IMHO !! 

More seriously can I play Qobuz independently or only via Audirvana? And in both cases what GUI do I see on my iPad.... normal Qobuz and Audirvana apps? 

And what happens to my existing Audirvana when using the 3.1 beta?

Thanks,

Bruce

Just now, Charente said:

And in both cases what GUI do I see on my iPad.... normal Qobuz and Audirvana apps? 

Linn Kazoo is the app for Bubble UPnP ... I have used iPeng for LMS. Audirvana has its own app.

Thanks Charente, very nice reply!

looking forward to trying the various config options. 

I will be fascinated to hear its sonic impact. My system (LPS1-Ultra Rendu)  feeding

Moon 750D DAC Moon Amplification Martin Logan Spire hybrid electrostatics, Velodyne DD12+ Sub woofer and Stax 009 Headphones. 

For MQA- Meridian Explorer2 fed by Pure Music has given best results. (More direct and lifelike than Audirvana 3.0)

Nice setup @Dougster !! Must sound great. Me ... I'm just a headphone guy. 

Hey guys.  This is awesome, I just dowloaded A 3.1 and the A remote for iPad, and had the entire thing up and running within a few short minutes, streaming everything as DSD2 to my Signature Rendu SE.  Easiest set up ever, and appears to be working quite well.

What a great option for those who prefer Audirvana's playback algos and oversampling options.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

42 minutes ago, barrows said:

What a great option for those who prefer Audirvana's playback algos and oversampling options.

A+ also seems to be much faster and more reliable than BubbleUPnP or Kazoo.

Agree with both @barrows and @rickca . Plus for me A+ is a much better library manager ... BubbleUPnP (or maybe Kazoo, dunno) seems to struggle getting many things right in my library ... not so in A+.

I have no issues with Linn Kazoo myself.  I find it a great interface and works flawlessly in my system for MPD/DLNA playback. Love that it shows sample rates and infos, and has the ability to browse by album cover.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

3 minutes ago, barrows said:

... I find it a great interface and works flawlessly in my system for MPD/DLNA playback. Love that it shows sample rates and infos, and has the ability to browse by album cover.

True ... it does work well ... maybe I'm being a bit harsh ... just wish it would represent my library the way I've set it up. Maybe it's me, but if A+ gets it right for me then it can't be ALL be my fault !! However, I'm no expert. o.O

Hi Jesus or anyone else

I have an Ultra (from Vortexbox UK) and Meridian Explorer² DAC 

I can't get the Ultra to pass MQA to the Explorer² from LMS via DLNA, using the Tidal App in LMS.

Also I can't get it to work from Audirvana 3.1 via DLNA either.

playing the same file from  Audirvana via my MacBook Immediately plays MQA ..... and a far better SQ!

can you help with settings to enable pass through in both these different set ups please

I understand it may not be possible with LMS??

Hi Jesus or anyone else

I have an Ultra (from Vortexbox UK) and Meridian Explorer² DAC 

I can't get the Ultra to pass MQA to the Explorer² from LMS via DLNA, using the Tidal App in LMS.

Also I can't get it to work from Audirvana 3.1 via DLNA either.

playing the same file from  Audirvana via my MacBook Immediately plays MQA ..... and a far better SQ!

can you help with settings to enable pass through in both these different set ups please

I understand it may not be possible with LMS??

AFAIK, LMS doesn't have an MQA Plugin.so you don't use plain LMS to playback MQA files, if you want the special  MQA part of the playback to be activated.

You can setup the Tidal app for LMS, and if you playback MQA files through the Tidal app, you can playback MQA to a device like the Touch, that can be setup to do hi-res. I assume this will work for the ultra in LMS mode. I haven't tried it on my mR. You need to make sure that you are not doing any kind of altering of the signal (you need a bit perfect pass through of the Tidal signal) on its way to the Explorer 2. 

Or 

You can use either (1)Audirvana or (2) the Tidal App for Mac. 

1. You can play MQA from your Macbook with Audirvana b/c Audirvana has been updated to playback MQA files and should give you full MQA playback (blue light on the Explorer2) if played back directly to an MQA enabled DAC like your Explorer2.

2. Install the Tidal desktop app for Mac. Have it output to the Explorer2.  Use the analog outs from the Explorer 2 into the rest of your chain. If MQA playback is taking place (unofolding/rendering) the blue light on the Explorer2 will light. See:

http://www.avhub.com.au/news/sound-image/how-to-play-tidals-high-res-masters-on-your-mac-446915

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply and maybe my post wasn't clear enough. I can already play 

MQA from Tidal Desktop and Audirvana and Pure Music on my MacBook (with the Pure being the best SQ for some  reason) with no problem. 

But I would like an UltraRendu option if possible. Jesus has indicated this should be possible..... but how?