IGNORED

High end speakers - main competition to Dynaudio

Hey guys!

I am doing a project where I'm investigating Dynaudio and it's main competition. I am a complete newbie in this field and curious to know a few things:

- which brands would you consider main competitors to Dynaudio? 

-Would also be great to know what sets these brands a part, what would be Dynaudios main strengths and weaknesses compared to it's main competitors? 

- is Dynaudio an innovative brand or are other brands using more innovative technologies? Which ones?

All opinions highly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance!

I think the challenge to answering this question is Dynaudio high-end speakers can mean different things to different people. I'm thinking of the Confidence series. Some might think of the Evidence while others Contour or even the lower end series. 

Anyway, I really like Magico speakers and that may be my next upgrade. I'm surprised by the performance of Paradigm's new series. Other people like Wilson, Focal, Rockport, Magnepan, Sanders, Martin-Logan, KEF. I personally am not a fan of YG, Vivid but they have their followers. Speakers are so personal you pretty much have to listen to them in person and ideally in your own home. 

Dynaudio is one of the few brands that makes home use and pro speakers and even car audio speakers. They also make  passive speaker and active speakers. They are also make their own drivers. In these respects there is almost no other manufacturer with the diversity of product offerings. While their products are  very good, I have never owned a dynaudio because I always thought the price was a bit high vs products with competitive performance (well, in the US market anyway.)

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

20 hours ago, Nimdao said:

Hey guys!

I am doing a project where I'm investigating Dynaudio and it's main competition. I am a complete newbie in this field and curious to know a few things:

- which brands would you consider main competitors to Dynaudio? 

-Would also be great to know what sets these brands a part, what would be Dynaudios main strengths and weaknesses compared to it's main competitors? 

- is Dynaudio an innovative brand or are other brands using more innovative technologies? Which ones?

All opinions highly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I think in order to take a stab at this question we would need to know a target price you are looking to compare. As another poster mentioned, Dynaudio and others all have their own offerings at a given price range.

As you may or may not be aware, the speaker world ranges from very cheap to over $600,000K a pair. Yes, no joke, there are indeed that many zero's in my extreme example :D

17 hours ago, cjf said:

Hello,

I think in order to take a stab at this question we would need to know a target price you are looking to compare. As another poster mentioned, Dynaudio and others all have their own offerings at a given price range.

As you may or may not be aware, the speaker world ranges from very cheap to over $600,000K a pair. Yes, no joke, there are indeed that many zero's in my extreme example :D

Those 600 million USDs are slightly hard to believe.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/07/2017 at 11:06 PM, semente said:

Those 600 million USDs are slightly hard to believe.

I'm happy to sell you one pair of those "special" speakers. I also have other cheaper models starting at just over ten million, in case you cannot afford our high end offerings.

Best regards

The Stupidly High End Speakers Company

I think the main competitor (in Europe) is Bowers & Wilkins (B & W). In the hifi segment, they cover similar product and price ranges, although the design philosophy is different.

IMHO, the biggest strength of Dynaudio compared to competitors is their neutral sound (their marketing also pushes this argument a lot), as well as the exceptional build quality. Another advantage that Dynaudio has is their experience in the professional users segment (studio monitors).

Dynaudio is very conservative concerning chassis technologies. It's decades-old design, but refined to the max. The only innovative aspect of their hifi speakers line is the recent venture into high quality wireless speakers (Focus XD, Xeo lines).

Claude

innovative usually means a really good testing lab - Harmon has that and the co.s they have bought get to use it

IIRC, B&W was the first co. to use laser interferometry to examine cone breakup...

- that was years ago, and you have to really push the envelope to improve things nowadays