IGNORED

Alex's situation

Just now, lmitche said:

Alex, what's the nearby Mormon Bar?  Sounds like an oxymoron..

LOL.  It's "bar" as in mining.  A streak of minerals--a vein.  There is also a road called Silver Bar.

The closest little store/gas station near us is in an area called Bootjack, named for the giant oak tree where they used to hang bandits from during the gold rush era.  After hanging, they used a bootjack to pry his boots off.

22 minutes ago, Superdad said:

LOL.  It's "bar" as in mining.  A streak of minerals--a vein.  There is also a road called Silver Bar.

The closest little store/gas station near us is in an area called Bootjack, named for the giant oak tree where they used to hang bandits from during the gold rush era.  After hanging, they used a bootjack to pry his boots off.

Thanks Alex. Interesting history and not that long ago either.

My wishes for an uneventful night.  I have Patricia Barbers "Let It Rain" playing in a loop here.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

glad to hear you are safe for now (and hopefully while the fire crews contain the blaze).

and as someone waiting on an iso regen/lps-1 - take all of the time you need and don't put yourself or your family in danger just to please us bunch of toy-nerds! fires can turn at a moment's notice, so stick with the family.

stay safe!

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wow. And we are bitching at each other about USB cables. 

#Perspective 

But, still, you gotta laugh at the 'oxymormon' gag.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

3 hours ago, Superdad said:

As the crow flies, one front of the fire is just about 3 miles from us, but there are 2 or 3 ridges (and canyons) it would have to burn past to get here.  We would see it from our west-facing deck hours in advance--but we don't see even the tips of anything yet.

Similar thing for a friend of mine during the Oakland Hills fire.  They were watching it, and then suddenly they only had time to grab the dog and flee with the clothes on their backs.  Fed Ex can wait.

Glad to hear you and your family and others are safe ...its really bad one this time. I had earlier planned to visit the Sierras last weekend but had to cancel it for work related stuff (now I am glad I did). I just hope they will be able to contain the fire quickly without spreading it more....

6 hours ago, wgscott said:

Similar thing for a friend of mine during the Oakland Hills fire.  They were watching it, and then suddenly they only had time to grab the dog and flee with the clothes on their backs.  Fed Ex can wait.

I remember visiting friends in the area less than a year afterward and driving past those hills.  Impressive, in a scary way.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Good morning everyone:

Sad to report that this fire continues to grow.  It's up to 72,000 acres with just 10% containment. 75 structures/homes lost.  Most of its current expansion is taking place at the north end, but it is also expanding at the south--and getting closer to our house.

Here is a link to the most realtime interactive map:

https://arcg.is/1TCP5W

I had been contemplating a multi-hour backroads drive (all highways near here are closed) to and from Merced to pick up shipments of boards and cases from FedEx for product production.  But clearly I'll be skipping that!

Alex C.

41 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Good morning everyone:

Sad to report that this fire continues to grow.  It's up to 72,000 acres with just 10% containment. 75 structures/homes lost.  Most of its current expansion is taking place at the north end, but it is also expanding at the south--and getting closer to our house.

I had been contemplating a multi-hour backroads drive (all highways near here are closed) to and from Merced to pick up shipments of boards and cases from FedEx for product production.  But clearly I'll be skipping that!

Alex C.

Thanks for the update.  That's a better map for sure.   Good to see you still at home today!

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Good morning everyone:

Alex C.

I hope all works out for you and your family and the fire spares your home, We recently had a fire that came close to our neighborhood. I'm in San Diego County and things are very dry here. 

Steve Plaskin

3 hours ago, Quadman said:

Prayers to you, your family and all the folks in that area.  

Be Well

+1

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

5 hours ago, Superdad said:

Jeez - just found this thread. Not good!

Alex - I know we take this hobby seriously. But it's just that, a hobby. Your customer focus for your business is excellent and truly appreciated. But something like this offers perspective. 

Hope you, your family and your neighbours are ok mate. Concentrate on that,  as our hobby and your customers will gladly wait in the end. 

Best wishes, 

Alan 

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers