IGNORED

Article: Introducing The Sonore Signature Rendu SE

8 hours ago, rjc1845 said:

I must express my disappointment after investing about 2200. only 10 months ago fore the loaded Signature LPS and mR only to see one product discontinued and the other replaced. Good to hear that Sonore may be offering those like myself an upgrade path from the Signature LPS to the new all in one solution. Good marketing and will aid in customer retention.

The mR wasn't replaced; still being sold.

Sonore has a series of units in price from $299 to $2999 that use the SO  operating system and functionally do the same thing. Each buyer can choose how far up the audiophile ladder to go. 

I don't see how this is any different than what speaker manufacturers do as a matter of course: come out with a standmount speaker, and then a succession of larger floorstanders in the same "line". 

No one objects to that or thinks their speaker has been "replaced"  when a larger, more expensive, more capable model is released. Why do people get bent out of shape when Sonore does the same thing with the Rendu series?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 4 weeks later...

This seems like the natural analog of the original Signature Rendu which I own.   I am using it with my Directstream DAC via the i2s (HDMI cable).   It's also nice because at this moment I am using the SR via HDMI into my Anthem pre/pro with very good results.

This though seems like it is made for the more ubiquitous USB connector that all audiophile dacs these days have, whereas not too many of said DACs provide an I2S connection.  

Mildly curious how the old and new Signatures would compare on the Directstream DAC that can do either.

7 minutes ago, JoshK said:

This seems like the natural analog of the original Signature Rendu which I own.   I am using it with my Directstream DAC via the i2s (HDMI cable).   It's also nice because at this moment I am using the SR via HDMI into my Anthem pre/pro with very good results.

This though seems like it is made for the more ubiquitous USB connector that all audiophile dacs these days have, whereas not too many of said DACs provide an I2S connection.  

Mildly curious how the old and new Signatures would compare on the Directstream DAC that can do either.

Josh, for the answer to your question, I would suggest that you contact Adrian, VP of Sonore.  He uses the PS audio DS DAC in his personal system, and has used both The Signature Rendu, and now uses the new Signature Rendu SE.  His contact info can be found here:

http://www.sonore.us/contact.html

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 8 months later...

I’m about to upgrade my streamer – a Sonore MicroRendu SW 2.6 with Uptone UltraCaps LPS and a very Super Ultra Linear HiFi Power Supply. I recently bought a preowned TAD DA-1000 DAC for about half the original price tag and I’m extremely pleased with it.

I was hoping I could ask for any thoughts/advice for my next streamer purchase, as some of you might have heard the other one, that I’m considering? They both roughly cost the same.

1. Sonore Signature Rendu SE/ black fuse option (new)

2. TotalDAC D1-Server (preowned from 2017)

I haven´t and cannot auditione any of them at my home, due to where I live. I have read about every :-) word written about them online. I know the best thing would be to hear them in my own system, but I would still appreciate any thoughts any of you could offer to help me with my thought process to select.

Lars, DK Denmark

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I think that the Sonore Rendu Signature SE has been out more than a year. You wrote in May that there would be a review "coming soon". I realize that "soon" is relative, but I, for one, would be interested to know your opinion of the sound of the Sonore compared to the many other similar products available. Your long term exposure to these numerous products makes your opinion valuable.

Larry

Larry, you might want ping Chris: @The Computer Audiophile, there you go.  There are some reviews online...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

5 hours ago, lbkwhitney said:

I think that the Sonore Rendu Signature SE has been out more than a year. You wrote in May that there would be a review "coming soon". I realize that "soon" is relative, but I, for one, would be interested to know your opinion of the sound of the Sonore compared to the many other similar products available. Your long term exposure to these numerous products makes your opinion valuable.

Larry

Hi Larry - No comment at the moment. This is a great product though. 

?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png