IGNORED

Article: Introducing The Sonore Signature Rendu SE

3 minutes ago, mentt said:

In upcoming review It would be  interesting to compare ultraRendu with allo USBridge streamer as I personally like USBridge more than my microRendu/lps1 combo

Very interesting to know

How do you power your sparky or the usbridge (not sure if they can be powered separately)

Just now, rikhav said:

Very interesting to know

How do you power your sparky or the usbridge (not sure if they can be powered separately)

I am using USB power bank as power supply for the USBridge. They can be powered separately, but I haven't tried it yet

Wow, really interesting. So this is supposed to be even superior to an ultraRendu + Sonore Signature Supply?

I wondering how much over $2000 this is going to cost? 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

For a second I saw 'Signature' and thought they had resurrected the I2S output from the older one! That might have been cat amongst the pigeons for the SU-1 brigade (of which I am a paid up member ;)).

I guess this unit looks like a more sensible evolution of two of the products Sonore were already committed to.

Be interesting to get the review once you've had some time with it Chris.

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

Nice to bring all of this together in one box.  I've been real pleased with the microRendu (soon to be upgraded to 1.4) with the Sonore Signature.  Certainly would be even better to have this solution.  But I'm guessing Sonore would not be too keen on allowing me to send in my "old" products (microRendu and Signature LPS) for this baby.

Still wondering when Chris will review the dCS gear that seems to be "hanging around" his system (based on all the recent reviews).  

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

@stevebythebay did you compare your microRendu with Signature PS to a microRendu with an LPS-1?  If so, can you describe the impact on sound quality?

I see the dCS Network Bridge in your signature.  How are you using it in your system configuration?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

15 minutes ago, rickca said:

@stevebythebay did you compare your microRendu with Signature PS to a microRendu with an LPS-1?  If so, can you describe the impact on sound quality?

I see the dCS Network Bridge in your signature.  How are you using it in your system configuration?

It replaced a combo of microRendu/Sonore Signature LPS/Berkeley Alpha USB (D-D converter) in my system.  These are now in my upstairs video/audio system.  Sonically a far better result, though I'm betting the 1.4 upgrade will get things a bit closer (but we're talking about getting rid of USB with the dCS, as well as eliminating the Berkeley which is likely a limiting factor due to its older technology).

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

10 minutes ago, matthias said:

Interesting that the Sonore Signature PS is now discontinued.

Matt

Likely didn't sell vey well, given how expensive it was compared not only to the microRendu it was supporting, but less costly, though fine alternatives, like the Uptone Ultracap LPS-1 .  I'm using it with a second microRendu in my second system.  I've never heard of anyone doing a straight up comparison of the Signature and Uptone.  I might have done so in the past (still have one lying about), but at that point I had each microRendu in play.  

Steve Schaffer

58 minutes ago, stevebythebay said:

Still wondering when Chris will review the dCS gear that seems to be "hanging around" his system (based on all the recent reviews).  

It's not just hanging around. I'm waiting for an official version of the firmware that had support for some additional items. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

23 minutes ago, stevebythebay said:

It replaced a combo of microRendu/Sonore Signature LPS/Berkeley Alpha USB (D-D converter) in my system.

This intrigues me because I'm currently using a Berkeley Alpha USB into my Jeff Rowland Aeris via BNC.  Why didn't you get a Sonore Signature Rendu a while back instead of the microRendu+Signature PS?

I am also considering replacing the Alpha USB but undecided about whether to get a newer DDC or just forget about USB input.  I certainly like the flexibility of SonicOrbiter and DCS Network Bridge looks less versatile.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

Chris, are the following statements not also true of the ultraRendu?  

The new Signature Rendu SE processing board uses a larger footprint to allow for more independent low noise voltage regulation stages (all regulators are now ultra-low noise linear types), and better physical separation of the Ethernet processing and USB output sections, further reducing noise and crosstalk. A new ultra-low phase noise (so called “femto”) oscillator is used to govern all processing and USB audio output.

2 minutes ago, rickca said:

The new Signature Rendu SE processing board uses a larger footprint to allow for more independent low noise voltage regulation stages (all regulators are now ultra-low noise linear types), and better physical separation of the Ethernet processing and USB output sections, further reducing noise and crosstalk. A new ultra-low phase noise (so called “femto”) oscillator is used to govern all processing and USB audio output.

Paging @vortecjr

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, rickca said:

Not Chris, but yes indeed these things are true of the Ultra.  The Signature puts all that tech in one beautiful chassis (as Chris mentioned, it is virtually impossible to convey the chassis quality in photos), with a closely coupled, ultra low noise ultra low impedance power supply (actually superior to that of the Signature Power Supply), making for even higher performance and a more elegant set up (no power supply wire adding unneeded resistance and inductance).  The Signature Rendu SE is not for everyone, it is for those who want the best.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It's not just hanging around. I'm waiting for an official version of the firmware that had support for some additional items. 

Would those happen to include MQA and USB?  I'd heard these and some fixes were in the offing. 

Steve Schaffer

4 hours ago, rickca said:

This intrigues me because I'm currently using a Berkeley Alpha USB into my Jeff Rowland Aeris via BNC.  Why didn't you get a Sonore Signature Rendu a while back instead of the microRendu+Signature PS?

I am also considering replacing the Alpha USB but undecided about whether to get a newer DDC or just forget about USB input.  I certainly like the flexibility of SonicOrbiter and DCS Network Bridge looks less versatile.

At the time I'd already been invested in using the Aurender N10 and had yet to move to an Ethernet approach. Also, I'd made substantial investment in making USB workable with high end AES/EBU and USB cabling (no NAS yet on the radar).  It was the availability of the microRendu that tickled my fancy and upended things. C'est la vie. 

Steve Schaffer

16 hours ago, stevebythebay said:

Likely didn't sell vey well, given how expensive it was compared not only to the microRendu it was supporting, but less costly, though fine alternatives, like the Uptone Ultracap LPS-1 .  I'm using it with a second microRendu in my second system.  I've never heard of anyone doing a straight up comparison of the Signature and Uptone.  I might have done so in the past (still have one lying about), but at that point I had each microRendu in play.  

When the microRendu launched we were concerned that there was going to be a shortage of high end power supplies. As such, we decided to make our own for our most demanding customers, for shows, and for reviews. Understand that the development of the microRendu proceeded the development Uptone Audio LPS-1 power supply by a few months. Now that all these circumstances have been sorted out we can get back to our master plan of providing an all in one unit that continues the original Signature Rendu series that had SPDIF and i2s output.     

17 hours ago, stevebythebay said:

Nice to bring all of this together in one box.  I've been real pleased with the microRendu (soon to be upgraded to 1.4) with the Sonore Signature.  Certainly would be even better to have this solution.  But I'm guessing Sonore would not be too keen on allowing me to send in my "old" products (microRendu and Signature LPS) for this baby.

There is an offer planned for existing Sonore customers. I'll share the details here soon.

13 hours ago, barrows said:

The Signature Rendu SE is not for everyone, it is for those who want the best.

Barrows, not to be argumentative, but I gotta assume the vast majority here "want the best"; it's an affordability issue, not a want issue.  :)

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Now that all these circumstances have been sorted out we can get back to our master plan of providing an all in one unit that continues the original Signature Rendu series that had SPDIF and i2s output.     

The SE will be a USB only product though?  I presume there are no short term plans for a S/PDIF version?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.