IGNORED

Great New Schiit (USB Gen 5 upgrade and Eitr)

On 11/14/2017 at 7:37 AM, liborio99 said:

Hi,

has anyone tried the Yggy, after upgrade with usb gen5, with Dirac live? it does not work.

sure it does -- i use my gen5 yggy with dirac live for hours every day!  note that i'm using a win10 pc.

you have to use asio from dirac to the yggy.  you need to use wasapi from the player to dirac.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
21 minutes ago, liborio99 said:

I have a macbook pro with el capitan, and gen 5 doesn't work. I had to reinstall gen 3. gen 5 conflicts with mac.

that's too bad.  i wonder if there are any mac users out there that could contribute to the conversation!

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

It's literally on every Gen 5 product FAQ:

So what platforms does your USB input support?
Actually, the question should be “What platforms support your USB input?” since our USB input is 100% UAC2 compliant (that is, USB Audio Class 2, the accepted standard for USB audio transmission.) So, here you go:

• Windows 7, 8, and 10. Windows 10 is highly recommended. It is usually plug and play with our DACs. Sometimes you have to install drivers, which are available at schiit.com/drivers. Windows XP, Vista, and Windows Server editions are all untested and are not recommended.
  • Mac OSX. From 10.7 on up, Macs have been plug and play with our DACs. Sometimes you’ll run into power management problems that will require you to turn off App Nap.
  • iOS. From iOS7 on up, iOS devices have been able to interface with our DACs using a USB Camera Connection Kit, Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, or Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter. You may have to use a hub to avoid a “Draws too much power” error.
  • Android. Most Android devices that shipped with Android M or above will interface with our DACs using a USB OTG cable. Some may require separate player software, like USB Audio Player Pro. 
  • Linux. Most Linux distros that support UAC2 natively will be plug and play with our DACs. Please note that we cannot provide detailed technical support for Linux.
3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

My guess was it worked with anything UAC2 compliant. 

If people have issues with Gen 5 on 10.11 El Capitan, I’d say there’s something up with their specific Macs.

Bingo. We have tons of Macs, including all show machines (9 of them) on 10.10-10.13,  no problems on any of them. We haven't had any problems for a long time on Macs, including on El Crapitan.

23 minutes ago, liborio99 said:

If on Yggdrasil there is usb gen 3 everything works perfectly. If on Yggi there is usb gen 5 dirac doesn't work.

So.. then shouldn't this conversation also be held with DIrac support? Although ominously, they don't have an online support option. Not a good sign for a product...

In the FWIW column, I've dealt with issues like this many times in the past between 2 vendors. The most common outcome is  different conflicting interpretations of a standard. The only way to resolve is to report the problem to both vendors and have them work with each other.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Just now, liborio99 said:

..... and wait another 2 months to have no answers? It is easier to buy a more reliable dac.

What I am suggesting is that your email got lost. That kind of thing happens and Schiit has done things to fix that situation. What could it hurt to send one more email? Their DACs are reliable...just ask around. Generally, they have excellent service. As I said, they have taken steps to fix the problems with their email support system.