IGNORED

Black Schiit Asgard 2 - IMPROVED AESTHETICS :)

For those of you who LIKE the look of the otherwise all-black Schiit Asgard 2 headphone amplifier WITH the ridiculous silver volume knob, you can safely ignore this thread :).  For those of you who, like me, think the silver knob looks terrible, read on.  I contacted Schiit support (with tongue-in-cheek) asking if they could send me a black knob to replace the one "erroneously" shipped with my amp.  They replied that "they had no black knobs" (which is the response I expected).  I then set out on a quest to fix the problem myself.  I found a source in Asia that was able to supply me a solid, cast aluminum black knob for about $10 all-in.  This knob is the exact same diameter, but a little thicker than the knob supplied by Schiit.  It is also slightly glossier than the finish of the amp.  I still like it better than the silver knob, though.  I have attached a photo of the result.  All comments welcome.  If you are interested in pursuing this yourself, let me know via PM.  Happy listening!

2017-07-15_16-25-13_544.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Even if the finish isn't perfectly matched, I think the black nob looks so much better than the silver one. If I ever buy a unit with the black finish, I'll likely do what you've done!

I actually passed on the opportunity to grab a black Bifrost because I thought the silver nob looked bad with the rest of the unit, so I totally get why you looked for a nicer-looking nob.

6 hours ago, Decodering said:

Even if the finish isn't perfectly matched, I think the black nob looks so much better than the silver one. If I ever buy a unit with the black finish, I'll likely do what you've done!

I actually passed on the opportunity to grab a black Bifrost because I thought the silver nob looked bad with the rest of the unit, so I totally get why you looked for a nicer-looking nob.

Thanks for the comment.  Good to know that someone else out there feels the same way I do.  I have no idea what Schiit is thinking. :)