IGNORED

Roon DSD McIntosh D1100 Question

Hi Guys - Wondering if anyone can duplicate this issue or if anyone has a resolution to it.

Issue: Using Roon to play to a McIntosh D1100 via USB, I can only play DSD under the following circumstances

1. DSD64 and DSD128 must use DoP (can't use Native).

2. DSD256 must use Native (can't use DoP).

I understand that DSD256 has to use Native because the input doesn't support 705.6 kHz, but DSD64 and DSD128 should also be able to use native if DSD256 works using Native.

Using JRiver Media Center and the McIntosh ASIO output selected, I can play DSD64, DSD128, and DSD256 using Native, and DSD64, DSD128 using DoP. Just how I believe it should work with Roon.

One possible reason for the issue could be the new Windows 10 support for UAC2 devices. The DAC says no driver is loaded because it isn't needed (in device manager), but I have the ASIO driver installed and working as tested in JRiver. Perhaps Roon is mixed up with the driver. Not sure. 

@dannyroonlabs have any idea?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

If it's like any of the other McIntosh ESS9018 based preamps you'll get a loud pop on playback stop when using Native DSD with Roon or HQPlayer.

McIntosh will just tell you to use JRiver so don't even bother contacting them.  Sigh!

If the device driver installed is the Microsoft supplied you are going to have to find a way to force install the ancient McIntosh driver to get ASIO to work for Native DSD.  This can be a pain in the ars to do after the Microsoft driver has taken over.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

• 4 months later...