IGNORED

Msb dac and bit perfect

I own a plat plus 4 dac with the new USB card installed and new firmware. I cannot get to play dsd 256 on any playback software I have tried. 

My only clue is I cannot playback bit perfect beyond a certain bit rate and depth 

I use the Msb files for this.  I have read and tried all the j river settings. I am using j river 20.0 on a win 2012 Serv with AO beta. I also tried foobar and hq player.  

Does anyone know what settings to try step by step. All files play fine on my lampi gg dac fine. 

But the lampi is. It looking for bit perfect I think. 

What the display says is the usb is It supported 

this only occurrs with dsd 256 or dxd 384.  Both bit perfect files as well as music does not play 

any help would much appreciated 

and thanks in advance. 

14 hours ago, ALRAINBOW said:

I own a plat plus 4 dac with the new USB card installed and new firmware. I cannot get to play dsd 256 on any playback software I have tried. 

My only clue is I cannot playback bit perfect beyond a certain bit rate and depth 

I use the Msb files for this.  I have read and tried all the j river settings. I am using j river 20.0 on a win 2012 Serv with AO beta. I also tried foobar and hq player.  

Does anyone know what settings to try step by step. All files play fine on my lampi gg dac fine. 

But the lampi is. It looking for bit perfect I think. 

What the display says is the usb is It supported 

this only occurrs with dsd 256 or dxd 384.  Both bit perfect files as well as music does not play 

any help would much appreciated 

and thanks in advance. 

You need to use the latest MSB ASIO driver Rev 3.34.0.  I had the same problem until they got this driver out.  Try it in GUI mode first.  

Ok and thanks for the reply.  I do have that USB 

installed. I just now read this on the Msb website. Dac 4/4plus will not support dsd quad on Any inputs. 

This is  distrubing for a few reasons 

one is I was told it would and even when I asked vince just two weeks ago it was to be able to play it. 

Second I was also told it would play tidal complete unfold with the new USB. Again by vince. Also I want told this USB card was a temp card while they worked out the tidal issue 

it's a few months and from what I was last told 

it's a power issue as well as a space issue inside the dac. 

Not to be upset it's not the dsd or the tidal it's being told and never going to happen that's the bad part. 

Next this reminds me of when I bought the umt plus. Oh yea it will play dsd 128 over the network.  Never happened and vince finally told me it's an oppo thing. There tech support told

me it was never going to happen ever so misrepresenting the product that says Msb on it 

is an oppo thing.  

In short a great product that it seems no one really knows what will be in the end.