IGNORED

HQPlayer is a harlot that stops all other attempts at sound

IAE

I'm not sure if this comes with a territory, but I can play music just fine so long as there is NO other sound coming from the PC. Even a Whatsapp notification is enough to cause my headphones to shriek with static and cut the music coming from Roon. I sometimes even have to restart my DAC to get the music playing again (I think). I'm certain that this is a HQP issue because it doesn't happen if I play with Roon piping directly to my Audio Out.

Is there a way to make HQP play nice with other programs that would like to make sound?

Specs:

- Windows 10

- DAC is Chord Hugo 2

- HQP settings in screenshot

- Playing via Roon using local and tidal music

- Trying to play DSD512, but occurs with any setting afaik

HQPlayerSettings.PNG

Additional notes:

- If I enter a program that relies on sound such as League of Legends and THEN open HQPlayer, it will cause my game to crash because it lost its sound drivers I think.

HQPlayer uses exclusive access to your sound device by design to deliver bit perfect data.  If you want everything to go through windows sound mixer and be resampled and play nice with each other, HQPlayer can't be left running.

There is no bug and there is nothing to fix or change.

There are a couple solutions for you.

1.  Don't leave HQPlayer running all the time if you use your computer for other tasks.

2.  If you must leave HQPlayer running all the time, use a different default sound device for everything else.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas