IGNORED

loss connection in ROON

Lately I have been experiencing a number of messages from Roon on my ipads and iphone regarding a loss connection.  I also have been losing my ethernet connection with either or both of my microrendu. Can this be an issue with the sonictransporter Audiophile ? Can this be related to the system upgrade to 2.5 ?  It really is annoying to not be able to connect or to have your connection cut off all of a sudden.  I had been running this set up without issues since last October.

12 hours ago, inMTL said:

Lately I have been experiencing a number of messages from Roon on my ipads and iphone regarding a loss connection.  I also have been losing my ethernet connection with either or both of my microrendu. Can this be an issue with the sonictransporter Audiophile ? Can this be related to the system upgrade to 2.5 ?  It really is annoying to not be able to connect or to have your connection cut off all of a sudden.  I had been running this set up without issues since last October.

You can see if the DAC is connected to the unit and if the unit is on the network from the web interface. It's rather odd to have the same issue with two different unit. 2.5 is working great and I have no reason to assume that it is the issue. I can't comment on sonicTransporter because that is made by Small Green Computer. Also, Roon has made changes to their discovery protocol so that might be something to look into as well.   

I had a similar issue occur yesterday, Solution: went over to the router, mR and DAC and pushed all the cables in to ensure that there was a good connection. Problem went away. My experience with ethernet connectors is that they can sometimes be missing a full connection by just a "micron"; and they then work, but with interruptions. 

I've had the same kind of thing happen with the network printer in my office. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)