IGNORED

Transferring Playlist to New Computer

Hello,

I currently use a 10 year old iMac running Snow Leopard. When Sierra is released in the fall, I will be purchasing a brand new iMac.

I want to bring over my entire iTunes Library along with my Playlists, Album Art, etc.

Because my computer is sooooo old, I plan to do a MANUAL TRANSFER, which will assure I get everything I need and none of what I don't - clean house. :)

Where will I find the iTunes Playlists that I created to make sure these transfer well?

Thanks,

KAP

Thank you. My media is in a folder called iTunes Music within the iTunes folder.

Is it safe to dump the contents of my iTunes Previous Library folder? The most recent file in there is from 2014. And I am assuming that the iTunesLibrary.itl and the iTunesLibraryMusic.xml are my current configuration?

I also have a Temp File.tmp and a Temp File 1.tmp - do you know if those are Temporary or Template? The latest there is from May 2015.

Awesome! Thanks. :D

One more question - The official Apple instructions for migrating iTunes to a new computer tell you to go to File/Library/Organize Library/Consolidate Files before moving anything over. I understand this is supposed to put a copy of everything in one place, but it seems everything already is in one place.

My guess is that this is an unnecessary step and maybe applies in some other circumstance. Am I correct about that?