IGNORED

no outlook contacts/calendar sync with iTunes 12 on MAC?

I made the leap from PC to MAC. I'v been waiting for the new version of Outlook for MAC to come out to make the final transition off of PC. Running MAC El Capitan 10.11.4, and iTunes 12.3.3.17.

Exported my windows outlook PST file, then imported it into Outlook 2016 for MAC. All my contacts, emails, calendar items, etc.. seemed to be good. I plugged in my iPhone and got ready to configure the sync settings to sync contacts/calendar/notes, etc.. from outlook. What the.....? There's no option or configuration to link to outlook? Or at least I'm comparing to PC iTunes I just migrated from.

It would appear that MAC iTunes doesn't provide a sync interface between iTunes and outlook (native on the machine). If this is true, this will be a $200 bummer as this is vitally important to me and would be a serious failure on the part of Apple.

I've googled every which way I can and cannot find any definitive yes/no to my issues.

Can anyone help me on this? Thank you.

Sorry, I don't use Outlook, so I really have no idea.

I found this, which may give you some ideas, but it's for Outlook 2011:

http://www.scrubly.com/blog/outlook-for-mac-2011/how-to-sync-outlook-2011-for-mac-with-mac-address-book/

And, frankly, it's not Apple's fault if this doesn't work, it's Microsoft's.

I write about Macs, music, and more at Kirkville.

Author of Take Control of macOS Media Apps

Co-host of The Next Track podcast.

Sorry, I don't use Outlook, so I really have no idea.

I found this, which may give you some ideas, but it's for Outlook 2011:

http://www.scrubly.com/blog/outlook-for-mac-2011/how-to-sync-outlook-2011-for-mac-with-mac-address-book/

And, frankly, it's not Apple's fault if this doesn't work, it's Microsoft's.

Thanks for the response. It's not that it doesn't work, there's no option in the iTunes sync's config to tell iTunes to sync to outlook contacts/calendar. On the latest version of iTunes on PC the config option is there and straight forward. On the Mac there's just a radio button you click to sync's contacts. I'm assuming this is to sync to the apple native contacts. I'd think there'd be a secondary option to say where or what application the contacts are to come from.

Thank you.