IGNORED

Beware: Apple Music is back at stealing your Music

Today, by chance I checked my Apple Music "Smart Playlist". This Smart Playlist contains all the "Apple Music" contained in my iTunes Library. I use it to help my ensure that "My Music" doesn't become "Apple's Music" based on my earlier nightmarish experiences with Apple Music. We'll today, low and behold two songs that belonged to an album I bought from Amazon are marked as "Apple Music". Argh! Not again! It appears the two songs were commandeered by Apple Music on December 11. That's the day after the latest iTunes update. Did the software bug get added back into iTunes? The Meta-data indicates the last play date for the songs were on 4/29/15. Though it's obvious that the album's meta data was last manipulated on December 11. Last time I had this issue it seemed to occur when I streamed the songs from another iOS device using an "Apple Music" curated playlist. I think that's pretty much what happened again.

I've also noticed recently that some of my album art was changing, too. I know I had that switch off in my iTunes preferences on Mac, but it was turned back on? Maybe flipped back in the latest iTunes update?

I have deleted the songs commandeered by Apple Music and restored them via Time Machine from December 1.

OS X 10.11.3

Mac Book Pro Retina

iTunes 12.3.2.35

iTunes Match

Apple Muse