IGNORED

Audirvana/MacMini setup

I am having problems with hi-res files from 24-96 and above. but not DSD. Then it gets heavily distorted.

My setup is as follows : MacMini late 2012,16 MB ram, connected to xCore USB Audio 2.

Sound is excellent 44,1 - 24-88. I have tried all kind of adjustment also on the Mac which is now set to 2channel 24-bits 96,0 kHz.

Regarding Audirvana all kind of settings have been tried

Can anyone help to set it up right? Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Tadbruker said:

I am having problems with hi-res files from 24-96 and above. but not DSD. Then it gets heavily distorted.

My setup is as follows : MacMini late 2012,16 MB ram, connected to xCore USB Audio 2.

Sound is excellent 44,1 - 24-88. I have tried all kind of adjustment also on the Mac which is now set to 2channel 24-bits 96,0 kHz.

Regarding Audirvana all kind of settings have been tried

Can anyone help to set it up right? Thanks in advance.

Have you set up your DAC in A+ preferences panels and see all the Sample Rates it can give you...

mine is not automatically recognize so i have to choose DSD over PCM to see i can have. check also in Utilities Audio Midi Setup if it sees your DAC...

Snapz001.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

you setup seems good to me... the difference with me is like i said in Audio tab, mine Automatic Detection for DSD is not working unless i choose DSD over PCM 1 or 1.1  like yours all DSD is greyed out, so if your DAC is DSD capable you should select DSD over PCM option... if only PCM DAC leave it like this

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

i see that you don't use Direct Mode... you are on Macos Sierra?

do your DAC works with a driver and is it updated?

have you tried deselecting exclusive access and or integer mode to see if plays well ?