IGNORED

High Sierra with Audirvana Plus

Hello,

I installed the Dev Beta 2 of High Sierra today on a new partition... yes i have a backup :)

I wanted to see if it was better for A+ with the new Finder coding and see if some bugs would disapear for me like the stoping of A+ playing for no reason for 1 or 2 seconds once a week.

For me, A+ have still troubles like others before High Sierra with the System Optimizer installing at first... in fact, i had to put back my preferemces of Sierra to make it works again :)  Direct Mode is out also as it is dead since Sierra. I didn't try to replace de .ktext again to make it work because SuperDuper couldn't see my hard disk formatted for High Sierra new scheme thing. Onyx doesn't work either at this stage to repair the permissions after... So i enjoy A+ 3.0.7 like it is now, HQPlayer 3 still works and JRiver 22 also.

I putted back my A+ music database folder where it is supposed to be and my preferences for A+ software, and all was back like before with playlists included :)

The best thing for me with High Sierra, is now i can use the keyboard like it was before Sierra... Making the folder you clicked disappear while holding the ALT key to just keep the next one you have selected... and so on, to just have only one folder at a time open in the finder while browsing my music hard disc. SO GLAD that it is back for me!!

The Remote of A+ still works with my iPhone like before and my IOS application 'Remote Mouse' on the Mac and iPhone still control my MacMini on the TV with the iPhone if i want.

Parallels Desktop is still working with windows 10 installed on Mac Mini... nothing to do with music but needed by me :)

That's it for now. Enjoying music on High Sierra :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

• 2 weeks later...

On A+ forums, katsu confirmed again that the Direct Mode trick is still working for those interested ?

mine is still off and i changed my default memory buffer of 13,312 to the max of my 16gb. Since, then, i can’t remember if A+ stop playing once for a sec or so occasionnally like before with Sierra 10.12.5, so i’m pretty happy with the High Sierra beta ?

still upsampling everything to DSD128.

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

• 6 months later...
9 hours ago, Jazzbass said:

My iMac running High Sierra no longer recognizes my Emotiva DC-1 as a sound output device. My old MacBook running El Capitan recognizes it. The Mac Store genius was no help. Only suggestion was to erase my imac and install El Capitan. Anyone else have this type of problem?

Have you checked if it it sees in Audio Midi Setup...

Have you unplug it, restart mac restart A+, plug the dac...

you can try also to trash your preferences for A+...

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and save them in a folder...

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System... When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom... click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever.

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)

Restart MAC, restart A+ and see