IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

On 8/6/2017 at 3:02 AM, GeneZ said:

Updated "desk-less" desk top system.   No more metal grate shelving.  Found that metal interacts too much with the audio equipment.  Converted everything that can interact now to wood.  Wooden bar stool makes perfect pedestal for monitor.

Audience 1+1V2+   My unused drum rack..  NuPrime DAC10 and  NuPrime ST10... etc...

Picture wood 1.jpg

Picture wood 2.jpg

Picture wood 3.jpg

What are you using for the keyboard/mouse table/stand?

On 8/11/2017 at 10:44 PM, stuck limo said:

Its a small solid end table found online.... Just worked out perfectly.  Small,  but just big enough for the keyboard and mouse.  If I can find the info I'll get back.

It all depends upon in what dimension of life one finds themselves living in.  For, one man's music is another man's noise. 

On 8/11/2017 at 10:44 PM, stuck limo said:

Just found it! :)

Look here.... Its well made.

26 3/4"W x 27 7/10"H x 15.75"D

http://www.bellacor.com/productdetail/tag-furnishings-group-390100-stacking-cs-safari-desk-541687.htm

It all depends upon in what dimension of life one finds themselves living in.  For, one man's music is another man's noise. 

After many, many years of systems big and small, this is where I'm at today.  It sounds very good, even in a too small room.

There is a RoonROCK NUC and NAS in an office space with the switch.  The most recent change is the dcs network bridge (replacing a micro-rendu/Berkeley Alpha USB).  I am off the usb merry-go-round for awhile. ¬¬

IMG_0434.JPG

BobH

• 4 months later...

99 % of this systems are over-crossed.

Sorry but , publics are stupid.

Offical matters say , it gives no high-end.

Why you not listen there ?

And say audiophile Music is a autentic reprodution of Music.

I know Studio recording and mastering.

This thinks goes in the head.

Status about mastering is the devinition of technics and skills.and no realistic sounds!

Of this meaning i build my hifi.

And it sounds glassy.

I didn't hear an junked artifarct.

P.s. when you hear no Instrument in the room then you listen too.

Thing about it.

Nice Christmas

Rack: 80's Style

IMG_20171223_185815.jpg

Hi,

sometimes frequent reader, sometimes not, my system is mainly a DIY affair.

Source: Squeezebox Touch, LMS running on an RPI, streaming from Qobuz.com.

'Pre-amp': A MiniSharc DSP feeding into a 8CH DAC (ESS 9016).

Power-amp: 8 channel Hypex UcD180HG (6 amps in use).

Speakers: 3-way closed box using Scan-Speak Illuminator and Revelator drivers (thus active).

Huib

IMG_1014.jpg

• 8 months later...

Hello everyone, 

I have a kit to share that I put together for my aged parents. 

It may be of interest for those not blessed with lots of cash. 

IMO, far too much attention is paid in audiophile land to gear that costs far more than the average person can afford, yet there is lots of gear, that if not giant killers, provides far more "bang for the buck" than megabuck gear. Only rarely do I see a system consisting of such gear. 

Here's one for those who missed it: Mr. Fußball's budget system

Warning: to do justice to the system I put together, I decided to post it up on a new website rather than here, so below is the link to it:

A Budget Near Field System 

It has been long time ago that I showed my equipment so now it is time for an update.

See my signature for current equipment.

As my previous reply is burried somewhere in the previous pages I will show som of the old stuff too.

Untill last year we lived in a small house with a very narrow living area.

1k0.jpg

Last year we moved to a bigger house.
Next year we will do a renovation and the current fireplace will de removed.

For the time being I created a shelf on wheels for my pre-power amp combo in the middle section under the fire place.

I drilled some big holes through the brick supports for the mains cables and interlinks.
In the left section under the TV is the power strip and a DIY Linux music server with Wi-Fi acces point.

The speaker cables go around the brick supports and are hanging under by cable clamps.

It has a big WAF as the equipment is hardly visible and no cables on the floor :D

After the renovation I will have dedicated power lines from the fusebox to the outlets and wired LAN outlets.

The new room is much more spacious:

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

Rigelian iOS app -> BeagleBone Black with Botic driver + Linux MPD + XPEnology NAS -> Soekris dam1121 DAC I2S direct from BBB -> DH Labs Revelation -> NAD C162 -> DH Labs Revelation -> Odyssey Khartago Plus -> DH Labs Q10 -> Boenicke Audio W5

7 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

Hello everyone, 

I have a kit to share that I put together for my aged parents. 

It may be of interest for those not blessed with lots of cash. 

IMO, far too much attention is paid in audiophile land to gear that costs far more than the average person can afford, yet there is lots of gear, that if not giant killers, provides far more "bang for the buck" than megabuck gear. Only rarely do I see a system consisting of such gear. 

Here's one for those who missed it: Mr. Fußball's budget system

Warning: to do justice to the system I put together, I decided to post it up on a new website rather than here, so below is the link to it:

A Budget Near Field System 

Thanks for a very nice write up of your near field system. I like description of all the thought you put into the accessories like the equipment stands and cabling - even on a relatively low budget system I think that can make the difference between a 'quite good' and 'really good' system. I really like IsoAcoustics stands for my small desktop systems - it would be interesting to compare them with your custom Mapleshade based stands.

I'm also a fan of Duelund cables after reading the Jeff's Place articles - I use Duelund DCA16GA speaker cable for two different speaker based systems. And I've made up an assortment of six different interconnects with Duelund DCA20A and several different makes of RCA plugs - Switchcraft, ETI Research and KLE. I wonder how they would compare with the DECWARE Silver References that you used.

I would love to hear the open baffle Betsy's in Mr Fussball's system - I have some IKEA chairs finished in birch and one of the Betsy options on the site is a perfect match in birch for my chairs. I have a 3.5 watt APPJ tube amp that would be a perfect match for the Betsy's along with Duelund cable of course.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

• 2 weeks later...

HI Richard, 

Thank you for the kind words. It sure would be interesting to compare your homemade Dueland cables to the Decware's. If memory serves, Jeff Place made some homemade Dueland RCA cables and spoke highly of them.

Hey small world, I happen to have the open baffle Betsys but circumstance has prevented me from setting them up. When I'm finally able to do so, I'll be pairing them up with my Eastern Electric MiniMax Integrated Tube Amplifier. Sourced by my Yamaha PF-1000 TT and a yet to be acquired Parks Audio 'Puffin' Phono preamp. And yes, I'll be using Dueland cable in that rig too. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...