IGNORED

Technical Luxman Question

Hi All

I have a Luxman D-06u, which is a combined DAC and SACD.  (Sounds great.)  The unit is allegedly controllable via a Mac desktop app.  Thing is, the app, which installs correctly and appears to be up-to-date, doesn't recognize the Luxman.  They are on the same wireless network.  The dealer just threw up his hands and said, "well, don't use the app."  The manual doesn't address this issue at all, either in the main text or the troubleshooting appendix. And the site is disseminated by Luxman Japan, whose website, unsurprisingly, is in Japanese.

Anybody out there have any practical advice?

Many thanks

S

OK, neat trick. I see all the connected devices and the quality of the connection to each, I just have no idea which, if any, represent the Luxman.  And as far as I have been able to tell, there's no Luxman command that will display the MAC address or IP address (whichever is relevant) to assist with troubleshooting.

17 hours ago, rapp said:

Hi All

I have a Luxman D-06u, which is a combined DAC and SACD.  (Sounds great.)  The unit is allegedly controllable via a Mac desktop app.  Thing is, the app, which installs correctly and appears to be up-to-date, doesn't recognize the Luxman.  They are on the same wireless network.  The dealer just threw up his hands and said, "well, don't use the app."  The manual doesn't address this issue at all, either in the main text or the troubleshooting appendix. And the site is disseminated by Luxman Japan, whose website, unsurprisingly, is in Japanese.

Anybody out there have any practical advice?

Many thanks

S

I very much suspect the SACD player isn't network capable, if the desktop application you are referring to is the "LUXMAN Audio Player". That software is intended only to be used with their DACs or CD/SACD players connected via their USB audio input to the computer. See English info for the application and downloads, including the English version of its manual, on the Luxman Japan site:

LUXMAN Audio Player English ver.

Also, it's unheard of for high end network audio file players not have a wired ethernet port, yet (allegedly) still support WiFi, going by the pictures of the device on the Luxman Japan site:

http://www.luxman.co.jp/product/d-06u

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Well, it's funny I had come to this conclusion last night, for the same reasons:  I thought I'd skip the wireless and force recognition via ethernet from the router, but lo and behold, no ethernet port on the Luxman.  Then I took another look at the connection diagram in the manual, saw the laptop picture, and realized that this is not meant to be on a network.

Mystery solved.  Many thanks.

-- Allium Computensis Musicalis