IGNORED

Why Do People Come To Computer Audiophile To Display Their Contempt For Audiophiles?

14 minutes ago, Teresa said:

I don't have to know what component or music sample I am listening to

How would you not know what component and music you are listening to??? Makes no sense.

Long-term listening will weed out any false starts such as an imaginary difference

The opposite. Long term viewing/hearing/experiencing allows your moods, perceptions and imaginations to run rampant.

One could actually listen to same component/track a few minutes, days, weeks apart and hear differences!

Our human perceptions are highly variable with time. Fact.

I likely will keep the Infinity's until I die, if they hold up. I have been to audio shows where I have heard better speakers than mine but they are aways way out of my price range.

I have a soft spot for old Infinitys, even bought a pair for restoration...until a tree fell on my storage building and damaged them beyond repair :(

Thanks for the last sentence, but I just want to say that most of what is written on audio forums are personal opinions not facts. Enjoy. :)

Absolutely agree. I don't take any of this, including myself, too seriously.

Now I did hear about a near brawl between 2 reviewers at a recent show. Both subjectivists I might add! x-D

cheers,

AJ

40 minutes ago, Teresa said:

50% - 60% correct answers are not good enough for me, show me a credible AB test with 100% correct.

Michael Fremer got 5/5 or 100% in a SS amp vs Tube effects processor at an AES meet. How do you explain that and your incorrect assumptions?

50-60% is indicative of random chance, although 60% with a large enough amount of trials might be ok.

How well do you understand statistical analysis?

55 minutes ago, AJ Soundfield said:

How would you not know what component and music you are listening to?

With components it is hard, I gave the example of identical black boxes in two previous posts. In a sound room you could have an audio salesperson pick a component and not tell you which one it is.   

However, to listen to different resolutions of music files blindly by creating a playlist and scrambling it, turn off the monitor so you can't peek. Then listen and take notes, then turn on the computer and see what you liked. This way there is no switching back and forth, you listen to complete songs without knowing the resolution when listening so there should be no listener fatigue.

55 minutes ago, AJ Soundfield said:

The opposite. Long term viewing/hearing/experiencing allows your moods, perceptions and imaginations to run rampant.

One could actually listen to same component/track a few minutes, days, weeks apart and hear differences!

Our human perceptions are highly variable with time. Fact.

No, quick AB'ing is only one point in time, and doesn't tell you anything. However, long-term listening of several weeks will cover all moods, perceptions, and environments. Yes, it is true your audio system can sound different on different days, some of this is due to humidity, the electric grid, etc. This is another reason it is important to audition a new purchase over several weeks because there are external circumstances that effect sound quality. Not to add I want it to sound realistic not with just one or two songs but my entire music library.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

57 minutes ago, AJ Soundfield said:

Michael Fremer got 5/5 or 100% in a SS amp vs Tube effects processor at an AES meet. How do you explain that and your incorrect assumptions?

I consider 5 out of 5 correct as an extraordinary claim! Do you have a link? All I could find is a Michael Fremer post at Hydrogen Audio where he says he got 5/5 and it was dismissed as a lucky coin toss. Still if it is true I find this quite amazing, almost super human IMHO. I asked you to show me a credible AB test where the participants got 100% correct, still I am amazed with a single person getting 5/5 if it is correct.

I don't agree with anything I've read at Hydrogen Audio so I don't go there, google sent me there when I searched for this claim. 

My assumptions are well thought out and correct. Don't take offense but I’ve read your posts since you came to Computer Audiophile and I must say most of what you say sounds very odd to me. Hydrogen Audio might be a good fit for you, just saying. :)

57 minutes ago, AJ Soundfield said:

50-60% is indicative of random chance, although 60% with a large enough amount of trials might be ok.

How well do you understand statistical analysis?

50-60% are the results of the more successful AB and ABX tests I read when writing my pre-dementia article from 2011 which I posted you a link on the previous page. Yes that is random chance or just barely above random chance. That's why I said they were unsuccessful. If something is audible I prefer it to be 100% correct with all test takers, AB and ABX fail at this.

I'm not into statistical analysis, I just read the conditions, look at the graphs, and the conclusions the testers post at the end of their paper. My article is long finished and I never want to look at one of those AB or ABX tests again. I prefer to listen to music and I know how to get it to sound the most realistic and enjoyable for me in my budget. In other words I don't need all that crap. 9_9

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

27 minutes ago, Teresa said:

I consider 5 out of 5 correct as an extraordinary claim! Do you have a link? 

https://www.stereophile.com/content/blind-listening-letters

There are countless other examples. All the listener training programs by Harman. Philips, Klippel, etc require a form of AB comparisons where you must be 100% right in each test to complete. Unless one lacks the hearing skill for obvious to subtle differences. Here is more info: http://seanolive.blogspot.com/2009/04/dishonesty-of-sighted-audio-product.html

Again, 100% is required 

Image result for ab blind listening test results

50-60% are the results of the more successful AB and ABX tests I read

Your turn. Link?

So you can't tell the difference between your Infinity's and a $20 boombox in an AB test?

Wow!

14 hours ago, AJ Soundfield said:

How many times have studio "transparent" Tascam DACs,etc. won Product of Year, Class A, etc etc in audiophile mags?

Studio and Pro products are seldom embraced by the consumer market for many reasons, including feature set and complexity. When an audiophile sees that a product has a Mic Pre and TRS jacks, he usually moves on to the next product with familiar features. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

10 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Studio and Pro products are seldom embraced by the consumer market for many reasons, including feature set and complexity. When an audiophile sees that a product has a Mic Pre and TRS jacks, he usually moves on to the next product with familiar features. 

True, but there are also studio DACs, amplifiers, etc.

If they are "transparent" to the recording one is listening to....

1 hour ago, AJ Soundfield said:
1 hour ago, Teresa said:

I consider 5 out of 5 correct as an extraordinary claim! Do you have a link? 

https://www.stereophile.com/content/blind-listening-letters

There are countless other examples. All the listener training programs by Harman. Philips, Klippel, etc require a form of AB comparisons where you must be 100% right in each test to complete. Unless one lacks the hearing skill for obvious to subtle differences. Here is more info: http://seanolive.blogspot.com/2009/04/dishonesty-of-sighted-audio-product.html

Again, 100% is required 

Image result for ab blind listening test results

Your first link was much like the post from Michael Fremer I found at Hydrogen Audio in my last post. In your link Michael Fremer said he got on 5 out of 5 correct. "I was told by the dominant Dr. Stanley Lipshitz wing of the AES. "Lucky coin," I'm called by reader Dayton. There's no satisfying those lacking discerning ears. They call it science. I call it jealousy."

Still, I only see a claim of 5/5, no paper describing the test conditions and the results of all the people tested, I'm not saying it's not out there, I just have never seen the official paper.

The second link was to a comparison of sighted and unsighted speaker tests of 4 speakers. No 100% here either.

Is Harman's How to Listen what you are talking about? I read over it, I'm not interested, I'm just no geeky enough. I don't see how getting a 100% on a test is the same as all participants getting all correct (100%) in a dedicated controlled ABX double blind test of audible differences. There were no tests like that up to 2011 when I wrote my article. I really don't care what has happened after that as I have discovered what works for me. And I find all the stuff you are talking about extremely boring and I really wish you would quit. We both believe different things, I will not change your mind and you will not change mine. Just let it be.

50-60% are the results of the more successful AB and ABX tests I read

Your turn. Link?

After reading very boring AB and ABX tests when I wrote Why ABX Testing Usually Produces Null Results with Human Subjects , if it's not in the article or in the links in the article I'm not searching for it. My article and research was completed in 2011, I will never revisit it, it is done. Have you even bothered to read it yet?

So you can't tell the difference between your Infinity's and a $20 boombox in an AB test?

Wow!

Not with AB'ing back and forth if perfectly level matched. Of course, It would be hard to match levels with a cheap boom box as it likely wouldn't have deep bass, it would have a mid-bass boost and poor and perhaps distorted treble. So if after level matching, one of the frequency ranges is still louder it then would be possible.

Of course I can tell the difference if I listen to them separately. What makes a $20 boombox sound like crap and my Infinity speakers sound realistic is not something one can hear AB'ing. For that you actually have to listen uninterrupted. On the other hand perhaps the boombox would sound so bad that it might be possible with a short snippet AB'ing. I've never owned a boombox so I don't know.

I still love music.

Teresa

13 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Still, I only see a claim of 5/5, no paper describing the test conditions and the results of all the people tested, I'm not saying it's not out there, I just have never seen the official paper.

So you are calling him and JA who took the test also liars. Ok.

What would the results of other people matter? As long as one person got 5/5, that debunks your myth.

Now you are saying everyone has the same hearing ability? No differences?

Can you run as fast as Usain Bolt, or are there differences in ability in a lot of areas?

don't see how getting a 100% on a test is the same as all participants getting all correct (100%) in a dedicated controlled ABX blind test of audible differences.

You're shifting the goalposts because your myth was busted. No one has every claimed a deaf person will score 100% in an AB blind listening test. Human hearing ability varies quite a bit.

There were no tests like that up to 2011 when I wrote my article.

IOW, you have no links. Just fact free woefully incorrect beliefs about subjects you have poor knowledge about.

What makes a $20 boombox sound like crap and my Infinity speakers sound realistic is not something one can hear AB'ing.

You mean you can't hear ABing. There are a lot of folks, including me, who would have zero problems identifying your Infinitys vs a boombox 100% 5/5, 10/10 which was playing in an blind AB test. When the differences are that large...and real.

37 minutes ago, AJ Soundfield said:

There were no tests like that up to 2011 when I wrote my article.

IOW, you have no links. Just fact free woefully incorrect beliefs about subjects you have poor knowledge about.

No, the complete truth on the scam of AB and ABX testing protocols, including the sad history of how AB and ABX test fail to show statistical differences between nearly everything. You are just unhappy because it doesn't agree with your religion. If something doesn't work the sane thing is to quit using it. Why are you clinging to something that doesn't work?

You're shifting the goalposts because your myth was busted.

Wrong, I was always referring to a real dedicated ABX double blind test in which the differences were clearly audible to all participants with scores of 100% and verified. However, I am surprised that Michael Fremer got 5 out of 5, which I find an extraordinary claim! One that would at the very least need to be repeated by others. So I shifted no goalposts, and I was not busted. It's all in your head.

You mean you can't hear ABing. There are a lot of folks, including me, who would have zero problems identifying your Infinitys vs a boombox 100% 5/5, 10/10 which was playing in an blind AB test. When the differences are that large...and real.

Another extraordinary claim I don't believe, quick AB'ing back and forth does not work. I'm sure everyone could hear the difference between my audio system's Infinity speakers and a cheap boom box if they actually listen to them separately uninterrupted, one would sound realistic and other would sound very poor. Switching back and forth within the same song is stupid in the extreme. AB'ing does not work!

Edit: Your nonsense is boring me to death. I agree to disagree, please quit posting!

I still love music.

Teresa

5 minutes ago, Teresa said:

I don't believe, quick AB'ing back and forth does not work

Ok, jeez, that would have settled it way back. ;)

Yeah, me neither. It works great, makes things really easy to hear apart and is used extensively in all audio science. Plus it's great fun at club meets etc.

Have a good one Teresa.

21 minutes ago, AJ Soundfield said:

But multiple times earlier you said that you don't do blind tests AJ.  You said you don't have to because you trust your ears.  

Yet when others (like me) tell you they do A/B tests (for far subtler things than speakers!), you dismiss them as being delusional about what they hear.  I smell a double-standard there...^_^

By the way, in working on a new product, this weekend I was A/B/B-ing the difference between two values of a tiny 0402 capacitor (that's 1/4 the size of a grain of rice).  One was 1.0uF and the other 4.7V--and the application is just as a 2mm distant power supply bypass for the 1.2V feed to a USB hub chip.  Can't think of what bench measurement would show the difference (remember--the whole product is the sort the non-engineer "objectivists" deny makes any difference), but it took all of about 15 seconds for me to know which one sounded better.  I wen't back and forth a few times as usual to eliminate "memory error" (you know, ear/brain focus on one thing one time and something else the next), and the same version won out.

Which one?  Well I had to open the cases to pull the boards and look. (One case has a scratch on it so I did not get mixed up during A/B/A/B). So I essentially created a semi-blind test. 

Okay, you can go ahead and spin away with whatever denialist contradictory logic suits you. But what I have been doing here is about the same as what goes on in the offices and studios of hi-end audio manufacturers worldwide.  Measure and listen. They go hand in hand until you can't measure what you can hear.  (Of course it helps to have a good room, system, and trained ears.)  :D

22 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Edit: Your nonsense is boring me to death. I agree to disagree, please quit posting!

You're not being fair Teresa.

AJ was asked for hard data. He provided it.

Now if you want to continue on and either state:

A/B rapid switch testing doesn't work for me

or

A/B rapid switch testing is flawed, but I can't support it with anything other than my opinion.

Those are both fine.

9 minutes ago, Superdad said:

But multiple times earlier you said that you don't do blind tests AJ.  You said you don't have to because you trust your ears. 

I said I don't fear doing blind tests. I've done countless. Unfortunately, I can't help you with that severe reading comprehension issue. Sorry.

Yet when others (like me) tell you they do A/B tests (for far subtler things than speakers!), you dismiss them as being delusional about what they hear.  I smell a double-standard there...^_^

I smell a trip to the optometrist for you.

You have done blind AB tests? Self administered? The Harman, Philips, Klippel etc are real, not imaginary.

Yours?

By the way, in working on a new product, this weekend I was A/B/B-ing the difference between two values of a tiny 0402 capacitor (that's 1/4 the size of a grain of rice).  One was 1.0uF and the other 4.7V--and the application is just as a 2mm distant power supply bypass for the 1.2V feed to a USB hub chip.  Can't think of what bench measurement would show the difference (remember--the whole product is the sort the non-engineer "objectivists" deny makes any difference), but it took all of about 15 seconds for me to know which one sounded better.  I wen't back and forth a few times as usual to eliminate "memory error" (you know, ear/brain focus on one thing one time and something else the next), and the same version won out.

Which one?  Well I had to open the cases to pull the boards and look. (One case has a scratch on it so I did not get mixed up during A/B/A/B). So I essentially created a semi-blind test. 

Doesn't sound blind and I like the zero measurements correlation capacity thing, but ok, I'll play along. How does this not completely debunk Teresa's myth??

But what I have been doing here is about the same as what goes on in the offices and studios of hi-end audio manufacturers worldwide.

I don't doubt that, nor was that ever in question?

Measure and listen.

Well, minus the measure part.

They go hand in hand until you can't measure what you can hear.  (Of course it helps to have a good room, system, and trained ears.)  :D

And extremely potent imagination.

It boils down to whats important to you . Otherwise you create this infinite loop of constantly changing equipment .  So it starts like this 
Say you buy the best speaker you can afford be it B&W 802D or Vivid B whatever 
the journey becomes finding the right amp to drive them . 
If say you get a rotel 1092 and its bright and clinical you not then gonna go look for new speakers because the Rotel doesn't  sound good .
You instead look for another Amplifier . The Rotel is too bright 
Try a Arcam amp and it sounds dull and boring  , Then still you look for another amp . Arcam is dull and boring 
try a Classe and your speakers come alive then you are happy 
It also works the reverse . You get your beautiful amplifier . Your hunt becomes about speakers 
its how the different speakers relate to your system

3 hours ago, Dragonfyr said:

It boils down to whats important to you . Otherwise you create this infinite loop of constantly changing equipment .  So it starts like this 
Say you buy the best speaker you can afford be it B&W 802D or Vivid B whatever 
the journey becomes finding the right amp to drive them . 
If say you get a rotel 1092 and its bright and clinical you not then gonna go look for new speakers because the Rotel doesn't  sound good .
You instead look for another Amplifier . The Rotel is too bright 
Try a Arcam amp and it sounds dull and boring  , Then still you look for another amp . Arcam is dull and boring 
try a Classe and your speakers come alive then you are happy 
It also works the reverse . You get your beautiful amplifier . Your hunt becomes about speakers 
its how the different speakers relate to your system

I've gone down a very different journey from just about everyone else - when I listen to a system, any system, I don't hear "too bright", or "dull and boring" - I hear different types of distortion, to which other people apply labels like the previous phrases.

A system "coming alive" is merely the absence of major distortion, which is obviously desirable. Some combos of gear will, by good fortune, be in better shape to achieve this than others in 'raw' form - but even the worst setups can be sorted, if one is so inclined ... it's an interesting challenge to drag a scruffy sounding system up to a decent level of subjective performance, without actually altering the boxes, etc, used.

• 3 years later...

I know this topic is almost four years old, and there are new rules on this forum now, but I stumbled upon this topic now, and for anybody interested I thought I would chime in with a lot of data to contradict the claim that ABX tests can't be passed with 100 % correct or anything close to it, by providing the logs of ABX tests that I have passed myself. And you can verify the signatures on the logs if you like.

My tests were all level-matched, unless I was testing volume levels, obviously. As you can see, I tested many more things than volume levels.

100 % correct:

"Camino del sol" Joakim remix, CD vs. vinyl edition (one of the very first blind tests I ever did in my life):

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2015-07-05 13:51:35

File A: 04 Camino del Sol [Joakim Remix].wav
SHA1: 1159e6dab145552f8504e3be361403732df162c9
File B: Antenna.wav
SHA1: 62876c41819ea8f39bd06f59107ee8d5fee0d156

Output:
DS : Primær lyddriver
Crossfading: NO

13:51:35 : Test started.
13:52:58 : 01/01
13:53:31 : 02/02
13:54:11 : 03/03
13:55:34 : 04/04
13:56:26 : 05/05
13:57:24 : 06/06
13:58:51 : 07/07
13:59:06 : 08/08
13:59:06 : Test finished.

---------- 
Total: 8/8
Probability that you were guessing: 0.4%

-- signature -- 
5f24ff54fb8af72139c82eb31ffdd14489c6a376

Crowded House, two different CD masterings of "Don't dream it's over":

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2019-02-03 23:13:36

File A: Crowded House - 2-Dont-Dream-Its-Over (Essential) - lydstyrke justeret (oprindelig mp3).wav
SHA1: 109a557759ddf810a134c2fe47c4b671d110d3a8
File B: Crowded House - 05 - Don't dream it's over (The very best of).flac
SHA1: 504e12d4311b51a837b1eb2e471fe1fff120156d

Output:
DS : Højttalere (CA USB Audio)
Crossfading: YES

23:13:36 : Test started.
23:14:05 : 01/01
23:14:35 : 02/02
23:14:44 : 03/03
23:14:52 : 04/04
23:14:59 : 05/05
23:15:11 : 06/06
23:15:20 : 07/07
23:15:39 : 08/08
23:15:47 : 09/09
23:15:55 : 10/10
23:16:05 : 11/11
23:16:12 : 12/12
23:16:21 : 13/13
23:16:46 : 14/14
23:17:16 : 15/15
23:17:37 : 16/16
23:17:37 : Test finished.

---------- 
Total: 16/16
Probability that you were guessing: 0.0%

-- signature -- 
eb233b10db78d9336755f5fa34dde49a0c153e8a

The Doors "S/T" album, the 24/96 download vs. the 40th Anniversary CD edition:

foo_abx 2.0.2 report
foobar2000 v1.3.10
2016-11-29 14:49:05

File A: 10 Take It as It Comes.mp3
SHA1: f0e3fa2016feb1649b7dcb955ef7b23b3448475e
File B: 10-Take It As It Comes.flac
SHA1: 348cb60ac18c36433a9dfa90283dbac627e6999e

Output:

14:49:05 : Test started.
14:50:28 : 01/01
14:50:33 : 02/02
14:50:38 : 03/03
14:51:05 : 04/04
14:51:10 : 05/05
14:51:14 : 06/06
14:51:25 : 07/07
14:51:30 : 08/08
14:51:38 : 09/09
14:51:47 : 10/10
14:51:51 : 11/11
14:52:00 : 12/12
14:52:07 : 13/13
14:52:13 : 14/14
14:52:19 : 15/15
14:52:24 : 16/16
14:52:24 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
b3d5aaa98267dd1bb7e8fa01e51a918fed121801

+2 dB shelf EQ at 5 kHz vs. 3 dB parametriq EQ, Q1, at 5 kHz:

foo_abx 2.0.2 report
foobar2000 v1.3.10
2017-10-30 20:12:53

File A: Veto - Everything is amplified EQ 2 (shelf +2 db ved 5 kHz) - 1 (kanaler tilpasset).wav
SHA1: 86eea5aeb5c7ac330afc1e88e5a76ae0986957ec
File B: Veto - Everything is amplified EQ 3 (para, Q1 +3 db ved 5 kHz) - 1 (kanaler tilpasset).wav
SHA1: 1740b053dd23c346dde60472003649e9aa0dfd25

Output:
DS : Højttalere (3- ODAC-revB USB DAC)

20:12:53 : Test started.
20:13:14 : 01/01
20:13:24 : 02/02
20:13:44 : 03/03
20:14:01 : 04/04
20:14:17 : 05/05
20:14:23 : 06/06
20:14:39 : 07/07
20:14:47 : 08/08
20:14:57 : 09/09
20:15:10 : 10/10
20:15:22 : 11/11
20:15:31 : 12/12
20:15:46 : 13/13
20:15:52 : 14/14
20:16:05 : 15/15
20:16:15 : 16/16
20:16:15 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
fd0cee51bfbb3a341150ac34553406a2240a64b9

I have a similar one to the above, just slightly different EQ, but I won't bore you with that.

Iron Maiden "Fear of the dark" vinyl vs. CD:

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2015-11-18 21:01:16

File A: Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark [1].wav
SHA1: a05720893c9cefbca8da360db54e81ef932dfe67
File B: Iron Maiden - Fear (tilklippet og volumejusteret).wav
SHA1: 687bca526de6ebad9b9e91a966611cdd6e33689d

Output:

21:01:16 : Test started.
21:38:03 : 01/01
21:38:13 : 02/02
21:38:24 : 03/03
21:38:37 : 04/04
21:38:43 : 05/05
21:39:16 : 06/06
21:39:27 : 07/07
21:39:31 : 08/08
21:39:35 : 09/09
21:39:41 : 10/10
21:39:51 : 11/11
21:42:01 : 12/12
21:42:01 : Test finished.

---------- 
Total: 12/12

-- signature -- 
a59ed971d5fea1734bc5567eef794dc4468d0e55

Distortion: Same record (not the same copy though) recorded with the same cartridge (not the same copy though) on two different turntables. One recording (my setup) showed severe inner-groove distortion, probably due to a record that looked immaculate but was ruined:

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2019-04-28 23:20:51

File A: 40 - Guns N' Roses - Use your Illusion I - Arc Protractor - Löfgren B, 1,8 gram modvægt - Perfect crime.wav
SHA1: 4e470c12cefc159d076a7a01e6d2df14dffd6514
File B: Perfect Crime 16-48.wav
SHA1: 39a8f494fdc5b03c4aa04eee737c98fabd650c4c

Output:
DS : Focusrite USB (Focusrite USB Audio)

23:20:51 : Test started.
23:21:28 : 01/01
23:21:36 : 02/02
23:21:44 : 03/03
23:21:52 : 04/04
23:22:00 : 05/05
23:22:10 : 06/06
23:22:29 : 07/07
23:22:37 : 08/08
23:22:45 : 09/09
23:22:53 : 10/10
23:23:07 : 11/11
23:23:14 : 12/12
23:23:20 : 13/13
23:23:29 : 14/14
23:23:36 : 15/15
23:23:44 : 16/16
23:23:44 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
2f45bc4b20b1595397b4e414db57cdc4f7c50974

Jeff Buckley's "Grace" original CD vs. the Bernie Grundman remaster:

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2015-12-16 19:33:54

File A: 02 Grace - Volumen justeret.mp3
SHA1: 7093b3c59295ee011b9aebf3b55f8a9fbe59e5b1
File B: 02 - Jeff Buckley - Grace.wav
SHA1: 069a3942e2f5805fbb02e94322ec581b54c71e20

Output:

19:33:54 : Test started.
19:36:01 : 01/01
19:36:28 : 02/02
19:37:30 : 03/03
19:37:50 : 04/04
19:38:03 : 05/05
19:39:24 : 06/06
19:40:01 : 07/07
19:40:55 : 08/08
19:41:04 : 09/09
19:41:20 : 10/10
19:41:30 : 11/11
19:41:53 : 12/12
19:41:53 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
85d370f08e2dac94e4ecafa00027356977afb98b

Sonny Rollins "Saxophone Collosus", 192 kHz download vs. Analogue Productions SACD:

foo_abx 2.0.2 report
foobar2000 v1.3.10
2016-11-01 09:31:02

File A: 02 - You Don't Know What Love Is.wav
SHA1: 4d2ed2ecafae13c9da97011e2d67f9011e9d977c
File B: 2-You Dont Know What Love Is.wav
SHA1: 831144f7ed46c5f82f42522f08534f401105973f

Output:

09:31:02 : Test started.
09:32:00 : 01/01
09:32:09 : 02/02
09:32:14 : 03/03
09:32:32 : 04/04
09:32:39 : 05/05
09:32:50 : 06/06
09:32:59 : 07/07
09:33:10 : 08/08
09:33:18 : 09/09
09:33:26 : 10/10
09:33:39 : 11/11
09:33:45 : 12/12
09:34:07 : 13/13
09:34:17 : 14/14
09:34:26 : 15/15
09:34:37 : 16/16
09:34:37 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
a26ac93b8e8e3504992bf747d9fb42f8f0a16bc6

Although you won't be able to see this from the log, the following is actually a test I took FROM MY KITCHEN to show to a girlfriend that it was so easy for me to hear the difference. And not only that - I was only allowed to listen to A and B before the actual test started, and then when the actual test started I was ONLY allowed to listen to X for FOUR SECONDS (I set a start and finish point in the ABX module), and I was not allowed to listen to A, B or Y after the test started. First I had done the exact same test but without the same four second limit (I have the log of that one too, and it's 16/16 too):

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2019-09-06 00:45:17

File A: 02 Happy Ending (i den her verden vil jeg ikke være trist) - EQ (kurve gemt som Jens Unmack 1).wav
SHA1: af735cbb96dfedf3cff4b4594fce0f3ba60399c2
File B: 02 Happy Ending (i den her verden vil jeg ikke være trist) - volumen justeret.wav
SHA1: 90cbbb4eb2ee222495d156864362773ef831ebf8

Output:

00:45:17 : Test started.
00:49:11 : 01/01
00:49:27 : 02/02
00:49:42 : 03/03
00:49:58 : 04/04
00:50:12 : 05/05
00:50:28 : 06/06
00:50:44 : 07/07
00:51:00 : 08/08
00:51:15 : 09/09
00:51:31 : 10/10
00:51:46 : 11/11
00:52:02 : 12/12
00:52:18 : 13/13
00:52:33 : 14/14
00:52:49 : 15/15
00:53:11 : 16/16
00:53:11 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
8795b86561e14b1ec94f9de297209d10d542f53a

THEEEEEEN I have also used the same song as above, although from my usual listening position, and I also only listened to X, after the initial A and B for a few seconds, and then I was only allowed to listen to X for one second (set start and finish):

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2019-09-06 00:54:16

File A: 02 Happy Ending (i den her verden vil jeg ikke være trist) - EQ (kurve gemt som Jens Unmack 1).wav
File B: 02 Happy Ending (i den her verden vil jeg ikke være trist) - volumen justeret.wav

Output:

00:54:16 : Test started.
00:55:18 : 01/01
00:55:22 : 02/02
00:55:25 : 03/03
00:55:28 : 04/04
00:55:31 : 05/05
00:55:34 : 06/06
00:55:37 : 07/07
00:55:40 : 08/08
00:55:44 : 09/09
00:55:47 : 10/10
00:55:50 : 11/11
00:55:53 : 12/12
00:55:56 : 13/13
00:55:59 : 14/14
00:56:03 : 15/15
00:56:11 : 16/16
00:56:11 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
59e1d906b27d501e2d33ababd11373200482dc5f

And THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN I used another one of my remasters vs. the original master and listened only to 0.4 seconds, at 7.3 seconds into the songs:

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2020-06-27 22:07:37

File A: 07 The day after tomorrow - EQ (kurve gemt som Saybia 24 i Audacity) (min favorit).wav
SHA1: c6210f56dbfc86bca5d94d930043f9ce126cb937
File B: 07 The day after tomorrow - volumen justeret.wav
SHA1: 87256c1209c0680127686d645c6786420e07a096

Output:
DS : Højttalere (TOPPING USB DAC)

22:07:37 : Test started.
22:09:34 : 01/01
22:09:36 : 02/02
22:09:39 : 03/03
22:09:42 : 04/04
22:09:45 : 05/05
22:09:49 : 06/06
22:09:52 : 07/07
22:09:54 : 08/08
22:09:57 : 09/09
22:10:00 : 10/10
22:10:02 : 11/11
22:10:05 : 12/12
22:10:09 : 13/13
22:10:11 : 14/14
22:10:14 : 15/15
22:10:17 : 16/16
22:10:17 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
d8e5320b89224cc76765c9a62d9b17a0715eb391

Strong jitter vs. no jitter:

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2015-10-06 13:11:52

File A: 30_Hz_jitter_strong_level_.025.flac
SHA1: 54719c17fd29d0546b79f50bd7e3c61de1dd025d
File B: no__jitter.flac
SHA1: 262cd6c4d4c73502a0142f867b00aae013fd13ce

Output:

13:11:52 : Test started.
13:12:32 : 01/01
13:12:51 : 02/02
13:13:15 : 03/03
13:13:26 : 04/04
13:13:33 : 05/05
13:13:52 : 06/06
13:14:00 : 07/07
13:14:08 : 08/08
13:14:14 : 09/09
13:14:24 : 10/10
13:14:30 : 11/11
13:14:36 : 12/12
13:14:51 : 13/13
13:14:57 : 14/14
13:15:04 : 15/15
13:15:11 : 16/16
13:15:26 : 17/17
13:15:32 : 18/18
13:15:45 : 19/19
13:15:51 : 20/20
13:15:51 : Test finished.

---------- 
Total: 20/20

-- signature -- 
381d75a44d2621479cc621400bf98f3d96df2fde

Mp3 128 Kbps vs. 320 kbps:

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2015-10-07 12:27:23

File A: 01 To Thou Who Dwellest in the Night - 128.mp3
SHA1: 3c0ba6c5f038d41ecc9c3ca97d1b19d223b3f6be
File B: 01 To Thou Who Dwellest in the Night - 320.mp3
SHA1: 52bf4a8288efe356f571df2ec527b248090e4ea0

Output:

12:27:23 : Test started.
12:28:13 : 01/01
12:29:17 : 02/02
12:29:53 : 03/03
12:30:22 : 04/04
12:30:35 : 05/05
12:31:01 : 06/06
12:31:24 : 07/07
12:31:49 : 08/08
12:32:25 : 09/09
12:32:55 : 10/10
12:33:38 : 11/11
12:34:15 : 12/12
12:34:15 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
14fe3bdff428008514ddcd32753743d8936b859c

While using a "dark" EQ on my headphones to lower the treble tremendously I tried for fun to see if I could pass a test of this Manfred Mann's Earth Band song in the original CD version vs. the remastered version:

foo_abx 2.0.2 report
foobar2000 v1.3.10
2016-12-02 19:17:25

File A: Manfred Mann's Earth Band - 05 (UK Remastered 1999).mp3
SHA1: bee88a5cf7e82e425f20ab17b4e363c13e15695e
File B: Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Tribute.mp3
SHA1: dc14d0586280bc1adc40044cd7f8a3a3fea7c402

Output:

19:17:25 : Test started.
19:19:07 : 01/01
19:19:24 : 02/02
19:19:38 : 03/03
19:19:51 : 04/04
19:20:08 : 05/05
19:20:20 : 06/06
19:20:50 : 07/07
19:21:08 : 08/08
19:21:16 : 09/09
19:21:26 : 10/10
19:21:41 : 11/11
19:21:56 : 12/12
19:22:16 : 13/13
19:22:26 : 14/14
19:22:41 : 15/15
19:22:58 : 16/16
19:22:58 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
2b9c28f89f28bec20539afdad1044b24f9d64f47

Changing the alignment on my phono cartridge from Stevenson to Baerwald:

foo_abx 2.0.2 report
foobar2000 v1.3.10
2016-09-14 20:51:21

File A: Stevie Ray Vaughn - In Step - Riviera Paradise EQ 1 (+1 dB ved 5 kHz).wav
SHA1: bc30493a77d861b28a0b6d0b1592e2b81da06b25
File B: Stevie Ray Vaughn - In Step JUSTERET PICKUP EQ (+1 dB ved 5 kHz).wav
SHA1: d5e313c4f2b07613c1564360adf573565e6c2574

Output:

20:51:21 : Test started.
20:55:31 : 01/01
20:55:55 : 02/02
20:56:40 : 03/03
20:56:52 : 04/04
20:57:06 : 05/05
20:59:29 : 06/06
20:59:40 : 07/07
21:00:07 : 08/08
21:00:20 : 09/09
21:00:36 : 10/10
21:00:58 : 11/11
21:01:04 : 12/12
21:01:24 : 13/13
21:01:43 : 14/14
21:01:54 : 15/15
21:02:06 : 16/16
21:02:06 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
32f24c7ea3f03742f74152ca4d094c7fe38a13b6

Cartridge alignment: Baerwald vs. approx. 1 mm forward:

foo_abx 2.0.2 report
foobar2000 v1.3.10
2018-04-21 15:51:11

File A: Marilyn Manson med NAD, 2,00 gram modvægt (tiende optagelse overhovedet) - PICKUP SKUBBET HELT FREM OG DREJET TIL AT PASSE MED PROTACTOR (CA 1 MM FOR LANGT FREMME VED SIDSTE PUNKT) - klippet til.wav
SHA1: 12c72a85922154c28ebf987f217c3bb065ba8a41
File B: Marilyn Manson med NAD på lidt under halv lydstyrke og 36 på computerens volumenkontrol og 2,00 gram modvægt (11. optagelse overhovedet) - PICKUP JUSTERET YDERLIGERE (mere 'skæv', men passer til Baerwald) - klippet til.wav
SHA1: 37eb76b3c980677f6394b83ec2358bd3c1827a85

Output:
WASAPI (push) : Højttalere (ODAC-revB USB DAC), 16-bit

15:51:11 : Test started.
16:08:57 : 01/01
16:09:27 : 02/02
16:09:55 : 03/03
16:10:23 : 04/04
16:10:50 : 05/05
16:11:04 : 06/06
16:11:30 : 07/07
16:11:46 : 08/08
16:12:01 : 09/09
16:12:45 : 10/10
16:13:15 : 11/11
16:13:46 : 12/12
16:14:14 : 13/13
16:14:42 : 14/14
16:15:26 : 15/15
16:15:53 : 16/16
16:15:53 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
0ed830c303bfbca914885bcd29eae7977feafd5d

Phono preamps: Cambridge CP1 vs. Parasound Zphono:

foo_abx 2.0.2 report
foobar2000 v1.3.10
2016-07-03 09:39:16

File A: Fleetwood Mac Cambridge BØJET pickup - oprindelig justering.wav
SHA1: b0c9656b8820fe8ea94af52706316e627e6e2966
File B: Fleetwood Mac Parasound JUSTERET PICKUP.wav
SHA1: b79c8cdf744c1b6f6554af5d57559469f943195d

Output:

09:39:16 : Test started.
09:43:21 : 01/01
09:43:51 : 02/02
09:44:33 : 03/03
09:45:09 : 04/04
09:45:56 : 05/05
09:46:35 : 06/06
09:47:14 : 07/07
09:47:51 : 08/08
09:48:17 : 09/09
09:49:44 : 10/10
09:50:21 : 11/11
09:50:40 : 12/12
09:51:13 : 13/13
09:51:54 : 14/14
09:52:29 : 15/15
09:52:40 : 16/16
09:52:40 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
96dd782fe77de0830762d5e78d9a11dda41eb60e

Phono preamps: Parasound Zphono vs. Lejonklou Gaio:

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2015-10-06 13:17:47

File A: side 1 UDDRAG.wav
SHA1: 9ccf3ce0d2a31dbb34a2aed114702eb5288d34db
File B: Burzum - Det som DÅRLIG side 1 UDDRAG.wav
SHA1: 4d8c084287e6b3f31d1a5af67e5e9662c701142f

Output:

13:17:47 : Test started.
13:18:34 : 01/01
13:18:51 : 02/02
13:19:07 : 03/03
13:19:35 : 04/04
13:19:45 : 05/05
13:19:57 : 06/06
13:20:09 : 07/07
13:20:16 : 08/08
13:20:26 : 09/09
13:20:37 : 10/10
13:20:55 : 11/11
13:21:05 : 12/12
13:21:14 : 13/13
13:21:37 : 14/14
13:21:50 : 15/15
13:22:29 : 16/16
13:23:09 : 17/17
13:23:50 : 18/18
13:24:03 : 19/19
13:24:14 : 20/20
13:24:14 : Test finished.

---------- 
Total: 20/20

-- signature -- 
f6ffb9de2b47498c7381a271ff9db90bf942d90a

Phono Preamps: Parasound Zphono vs. NAD PP-4:

foo_abx 2.0.2 report
foobar2000 v1.3.10
2017-04-12 22:22:00

File A: Marilyn Manson med NAD (på stationær) optaget med kabel EQ 2 (shelf, +2 dB ved 5 kHz) - 44-16 - 2.wav
SHA1: be489a5c82356a9f8bf21f6f478a22e3a9f7d944
File B: Marilyn Manson med Parasound (på stationær) EQ 2 (shelf, +2 dB ved 5 kHz) - 2.wav
SHA1: 209126316b210f55ffa9142d02f78c6e28850163

Output:

22:22:00 : Test started.
22:24:04 : 01/01
22:24:27 : 02/02
22:24:40 : 03/03
22:24:47 : 04/04
22:24:58 : 05/05
22:25:12 : 06/06
22:25:39 : 07/07
22:25:55 : 08/08
22:26:01 : 09/09
22:26:11 : 10/10
22:26:41 : 11/11
22:26:55 : 12/12
22:27:08 : 13/13
22:27:23 : 14/14
22:27:32 : 15/15
22:27:50 : 16/16
22:27:50 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
3ce554d0f10765a21ac8c19c93aa8a246421a62b

95 % correct (19 out of 20):

Mp3 128 Kbps vs. 320 kbps:

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2015-10-07 11:19:52

File A: Ed Sheeran & Passenger - No Diggity _ Thrift Shop (Kygo Remix).mp3
SHA1: 0b7d140b681ca3ea92dfb71de2b6fea15d6bc30e
File B: Ed Sheeran & Passenger - No Diggity vs. Thrift Shop (Kygo Remix).mp3
SHA1: 20b2b6b758d2dae6d69d45fc019d14abe7c2261f

Output:

11:19:52 : Test started.
11:22:04 : 01/01
11:23:08 : 02/02
11:23:48 : 03/03
11:24:05 : 04/04
11:24:29 : 05/05
11:24:43 : 06/06
11:26:09 : 07/07
11:26:47 : 08/08
11:29:28 : 09/09
11:29:44 : 10/10
11:30:14 : 11/11
11:30:41 : 12/12
11:31:10 : 13/13
11:31:36 : 14/14
11:32:45 : 15/15
11:33:21 : 15/16
11:33:48 : 16/17
11:35:10 : 17/18
11:35:47 : 18/19
11:36:03 : 19/20
11:36:03 : Test finished.

---------- 
Total: 19/20

-- signature -- 
1aad0dd84a0f29a52a5d205fa31ca5da99aaf170

93.75 % correct (15 out of 16):

Michael Fremer's turnable vs. The Technics 1200 with the same cartridge, recordings provided by him (I had to trim one recording so they were time-aligned):

foo_abx 2.0.2 report
foobar2000 v1.3.10
2017-07-10 10:06:19

File A: 01117davrathB.aif
SHA1: 0f9c7576ff7d94c5a67a071f8e1f0c5212a1f8f0
File B: 0117davrathA - klippet til.aif
SHA1: f7c6a24ff7a7f0890e3a7ca1dac9bf191f0510af

Output:

10:06:19 : Test started.
10:07:36 : 01/01
10:07:49 : 02/02
10:08:01 : 03/03
10:08:54 : 04/04
10:09:23 : 05/05
10:09:48 : 06/06
10:10:11 : 07/07
10:10:29 : 07/08
10:10:43 : 08/09
10:11:03 : 09/10
10:11:28 : 10/11
10:11:46 : 11/12
10:12:17 : 12/13
10:12:36 : 13/14
10:12:56 : 14/15
10:13:13 : 15/16
10:13:13 : Test finished.

---------- 
Total: 15/16

-- signature -- 
a78568a6427df4b27120fd8c2a71f7bce460d45c

0.2 dB volume level difference:

foo_abx 2.0.2 report
foobar2000 v1.3.10
2017-03-07 18:50:58

File A: 05 The Big Time - 2 volumen sænket med 0.2 dB.wav
SHA1: 8aa8e1756409c06a2ae03ff7bdaa1549b47b0f02
File B: 05 The Big Time - 2.wav
SHA1: e0ab4d34d7a4eb3949002c8fbec3f0a70b5e73bd

Output:

18:50:58 : Test started.
18:53:56 : 01/01
18:54:49 : 02/02
18:56:17 : 03/03
18:57:29 : 04/04
18:58:45 : 05/05
18:59:44 : 06/06
19:01:02 : 07/07
19:02:29 : 08/08
19:05:18 : 08/09
19:30:36 : 09/10
23:42:59 : 10/11
23:44:19 : 11/12
23:46:27 : 12/13
23:47:57 : 13/14
23:49:58 : 14/15
23:52:10 : 15/16
23:52:10 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
532d0fe475741c73f1c085c81a4dbee3fad80e70

Slightly different EQ on one of my own remasters:

foo_abx 2.0.4 report
foobar2000 v1.3.17
2020-05-10 00:58:03

File A: 10 - Allting Tar Slut - EQ (kurve gemt som Opeth Alting 9 i Audacity).wav
SHA1: 463fb5a8320b538fb044fba389cfe812e9fd5d1c
File B: 10 - Allting Tar Slut - EQ (kurve gemt som Opeth Alting 10 i Audacity).wav
SHA1: 11dfe83c14ff781e342d6359296c64c39dc33025

Output:
DS : Højttalere (2- ODAC-revB USB DAC)

00:58:03 : Test started.
00:58:39 : 01/01
00:58:44 : 02/02
00:58:59 : 03/03
00:59:04 : 04/04
00:59:13 : 05/05
00:59:42 : 06/06
00:59:55 : 07/07
01:00:36 : 08/08
01:02:00 : 09/09
01:03:17 : 10/10
01:03:52 : 11/11
01:04:13 : 11/12
01:04:37 : 12/13
01:04:59 : 13/14
01:05:20 : 14/15
01:05:44 : 15/16
01:05:44 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
c0672819762bc54b036b79ef17e427a25984599a

Slightly different EQ on another one of my own remasters:

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2020-10-05 19:46:58

File A: 09. Ludwig Goransson - FOILS 09 FOILS EQ (kurve gemt som Tenet - Foils 8).wav
SHA1: 7852f245136c88a8663e97e369782fcc27e08038
File B: 09. Ludwig Goransson - FOILS 09 FOILS EQ (kurve gemt som Tenet - Foils 9).wav
SHA1: c0fe107cf6b78ff81f04d7fb378de95b25cb9831

Output:

19:46:58 : Test started.
19:47:59 : 01/01
19:48:09 : 02/02
19:48:21 : 03/03
19:48:30 : 04/04
19:48:40 : 05/05
19:48:50 : 06/06
19:48:58 : 06/07
19:49:07 : 07/08
19:49:23 : 08/09
19:49:43 : 09/10
19:49:56 : 10/11
19:50:08 : 11/12
19:50:20 : 12/13
19:50:32 : 13/14
19:50:40 : 14/15
19:50:59 : 15/16
19:50:59 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
523be532e67137840da969c3d4946acfbf1d06ce

Slightly different EQ on another one of my remasters (the only difference was 1-2 dB around 12 kHz):

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2020-05-01 22:38:51

File A: 01 - You'll Be Mine - EQ (kurve gemt som Pierces 7).wav
SHA1: d4015d89c50fc5b72909bad2e520cff85194a4ab
File B: 01 - You'll Be Mine - EQ (kurve gemt som Pierces 8).wav
SHA1: 8eb16f3fe7d0817c2e4587adcc670aa20c775096

Output:

22:38:51 : Test started.
23:33:25 : 00/01
23:33:37 : 01/02
23:34:04 : 02/03
23:34:46 : 03/04
23:35:11 : 04/05
23:35:35 : 05/06
23:36:07 : 06/07
23:36:30 : 07/08
23:37:11 : 08/09
23:37:49 : 09/10
23:39:40 : 10/11
23:47:37 : 11/12
23:48:22 : 12/13
23:48:43 : 13/14
00:08:52 : 14/15
00:13:46 : 15/16
00:13:46 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
77c69cc8be9a7e7fdc50fe209e0d3e159ae1765e

The Rega Exact phono Cartridge with EQ vs. the Shelter 501 cartridge:

foo_abx 2.0.2 report
foobar2000 v1.3.10
2017-03-11 20:40:06

File A: Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II.wav [5].wav
SHA1: af60ee7d5820a7daa4378994800a478a1bcaf557
File B: 5 - Heartbreaker EQ (shelf, +1 dB ved 5 kHz).wav
SHA1: 3d5b54e5a9f3bff919793d5ec90477ce913bd007

Output:

20:40:06 : Test started.
20:43:32 : 01/01
20:43:44 : 02/02
20:43:56 : 03/03
20:44:07 : 04/04
20:44:20 : 05/05
20:44:34 : 06/06
20:44:56 : 07/07
20:45:08 : 07/08
20:45:21 : 08/09
20:45:34 : 09/10
20:45:43 : 10/11
20:45:51 : 11/12
20:46:02 : 12/13
20:46:10 : 13/14
20:46:17 : 14/15
20:46:29 : 15/16
20:46:29 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
4e3e76cdd6905bd8876313a79d601c4bb94b0840

The Rega Exact cartridge with EQ vs. the Zyx R100 Yatra:

foo_abx 2.0.2 report
foobar2000 v1.3.10
2017-03-04 19:05:07

File A: 01. Notorious.wav
SHA1: b8cb74e48b7faa65a4da361aa434dc4ee8454e2e
File B: Duran Duran - Notorious EQ 2 (shelf, +2 dB ved 5 kHz) - 1.wav
SHA1: d6aed1523eb3131f7bf0128d3b41e5a62be7ba0c

Output:

19:05:07 : Test started.
21:25:48 : 01/01
21:26:20 : 02/02
21:26:37 : 03/03
21:26:45 : 04/04
21:26:54 : 05/05
21:27:06 : 05/06
21:27:15 : 06/07
21:27:36 : 07/08
21:27:42 : 08/09
21:27:51 : 09/10
21:28:18 : 10/11
21:28:30 : 11/12
21:28:37 : 12/13
21:28:45 : 13/14
21:28:50 : 14/15
21:28:59 : 15/16
21:28:59 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
b680726a6731d96e7bc476b03ce418bbfb57a4f8

Phono preamps: NAD PP-4 vs. Mofi Studiophono:

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2020-03-24 16:16:51

File A: 208 - Type O Negative - October Rust - Arc Protractor - Baerwald, 2,0 gram modvægt - side 1 - Love you to death.wav
SHA1: 1c13ebb120061e97225d681e83e94a4e2406e897
File B: 207 - Type O Negative - October Rust - Arc Protractor - Baerwald, 2,0 gram modvægt - Love you to Death (ja, den er optaget med NAD).wav
SHA1: 8ba2e46a8cca40fb47a14d0f55316dade3c3c659

Output:

16:16:51 : Test started.
16:21:21 : 00/01
16:22:27 : 01/02
16:22:53 : 02/03
16:23:14 : 03/04
16:23:30 : 04/05
16:24:30 : 05/06
16:25:11 : 06/07
16:25:49 : 07/08
16:26:10 : 08/09
16:26:32 : 09/10
16:26:49 : 10/11
16:27:08 : 11/12
16:27:45 : 12/13
16:28:21 : 13/14
16:28:58 : 14/15
16:29:40 : 15/16
16:29:40 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
cd2ea81ea53bc36bfe280680bcf4a2bfadd169bf

Lastly, I have also subjected some other people to ABX tests. All the songs used were my remasters vs. the original masters, unless otherwise noted. NONE OF THESE PEOPLE HAD EVER DONE AAAAANY BLIND TESTS BEFORE IN THEIR ENTIRE LIFE:

My aunt, who was 64 at the time, and who has been diagnosed with something very similar to PTSD, so she was a bit nervous about taking this test:

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2019-09-28 10:56:57

File A: 07 The day after tomorrow - EQ (kurve gemt som Saybia 6 i Audacity) (min favorit).wav
SHA1: 6abcc510eef3fb80e64f5d3eb6f4b46ff0e34746
SHA1: 477a5ed4aeb34bd9fd6c8c36c88ed7bee8241fb1

Output:

10:56:57 : Test started.
11:02:36 : 01/01
11:05:17 : 02/02
11:05:34 : 03/03
11:05:47 : 04/04
11:06:07 : 05/05
11:06:21 : 06/06
11:06:47 : 07/07
11:07:15 : 08/08
11:07:32 : 09/09
11:07:52 : 10/10
11:08:09 : 11/11
11:08:29 : 12/12
11:08:48 : 13/13
11:09:14 : 14/14
11:10:04 : 15/15
11:10:29 : 16/16
11:10:29 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
bd77e3c1d4df79e04e142e2645badb2542f7344b

Ex-girlfriend Silvana (first she did Beatles "White Album" 2018 remix vs. 2009 remaster and got 16 out of 16 correct and asked for something more difficult):

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2019-03-10 22:10:27

Output:

22:10:27 : Test started.
22:16:11 : 01/01
22:16:57 : 02/02
22:17:48 : 03/03
22:18:11 : 04/04
22:18:39 : 05/05
22:18:54 : 06/06
22:19:03 : 07/07
22:19:24 : 07/08
22:19:31 : 08/09
22:19:42 : 08/10
22:20:02 : 09/11
22:20:13 : 10/12
22:20:20 : 11/13
22:20:30 : 12/14
22:20:55 : 13/15
22:21:10 : 14/16
22:21:10 : Test finished.

---------- 
Total: 14/16
Probability that you were guessing: 0.2%

-- signature -- 
5e48f3f3cce5d97cd28dc31319087bb833d69a2b

Ex-girlfriend Tatiana: 

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2019-09-06 00:03:07

File A: 07 The day after tomorrow - EQ (kurve gemt som Saybia 6 i Audacity) (min favorit).wav
SHA1: 6abcc510eef3fb80e64f5d3eb6f4b46ff0e34746
SHA1: 477a5ed4aeb34bd9fd6c8c36c88ed7bee8241fb1

Output:

00:03:07 : Test started.
00:33:55 : 01/01
00:34:41 : 02/02
00:35:13 : 03/03
00:35:43 : 04/04
00:36:07 : 05/05
00:36:21 : 06/06
00:36:34 : 07/07
00:37:03 : 08/08
00:37:19 : 09/09
00:37:44 : 10/10
00:37:59 : 11/11
00:38:17 : 12/12
00:38:59 : 13/13
00:39:23 : 14/14
00:39:43 : 15/15
00:40:13 : 16/16
00:40:13 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
f55c2f37780c99a95adeccc227f736695d0d5f5c

Still Tatiana, 0.8 dB volume level difference:

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2019-10-26 17:08:27

File A: 07 Ring Ring Ring (Ha Ha Hey) [UK 7' Edit] - volumen sænket med 0.8 dB.wav
SHA1: 654eced1e58ec5693bdcf9849672dbcc45853655
File B: 07 Ring Ring Ring (Ha Ha Hey) [UK 7' Edit].wav
SHA1: 35304f27b8d01f911d7ab95a2276407b0d0929a8

Output:

17:08:27 : Test started.
17:16:45 : 01/01
17:17:08 : 02/02
17:19:23 : 03/03
17:19:58 : 04/04
17:20:33 : 05/05
17:20:53 : 06/06
17:21:13 : 07/07
17:21:42 : 08/08
17:22:13 : 09/09
17:22:27 : 10/10
17:23:10 : 11/11
17:23:29 : 12/12
17:23:58 : 13/13
17:24:13 : 14/14
17:24:24 : 15/15
17:24:37 : 16/16
17:24:37 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
22cb5b4dc3d56cb6453537ead3f5b9996b24ac5d

Still Tatiana, the following was one of my remasters vs. another one of my remasters of the same song (only a small EQ difference):

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2019-10-26 18:59:16

File A: 03 - Jet City Woman EQ (kurve gemt som Queensryche 5 i Audacity).wav
SHA1: e093a40b54ad7cd3f40b27fe7fa7741abfc10e2a
File B: 03 - Jet City Woman EQ (kurve gemt som Queensryche 6 i Audacity).wav
SHA1: 192443380950b2630150b7ebbbd6c5dea620708c

Output:

18:59:16 : Test started.
19:03:06 : 01/01
19:03:55 : 02/02
19:04:43 : 03/03
19:05:11 : 03/04
19:08:00 : 04/05
19:08:41 : 05/06
19:09:03 : 05/07
19:09:24 : 06/08
19:10:22 : 07/09
19:11:56 : 08/10
19:12:32 : 09/11
19:12:52 : 10/12
19:13:10 : 11/13
19:13:25 : 12/14
19:14:29 : 13/15
19:15:34 : 14/16
19:15:34 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
f4ed7a50c8e4e5de0010fa44b921be0474409ac2

Ex-girlfriend Katia:

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2020-06-27 21:16:25

File A: 07 The day after tomorrow - EQ (kurve gemt som Saybia 24 i Audacity) (min favorit).wav
SHA1: c6210f56dbfc86bca5d94d930043f9ce126cb937
SHA1: 87256c1209c0680127686d645c6786420e07a096

Output:

21:16:25 : Test started.
21:44:24 : 01/01
21:45:44 : 02/02
21:47:12 : 03/03
21:47:32 : 04/04
21:47:41 : 05/05
21:48:02 : 06/06
21:48:25 : 06/07
21:48:52 : 07/08
21:49:01 : 08/09
21:49:19 : 09/10
21:49:34 : 10/11
21:49:46 : 11/12
21:49:56 : 12/13
21:50:14 : 13/14
21:50:23 : 14/15
21:50:33 : 15/16
21:50:33 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
4e5821e12a82affc1e161038953d1336ed7a2d66

Ex-girlfriend Ana:

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2020-10-04 21:55:42

File A: 07. Ludwig Goransson - 747 - volumen justeret.wav
SHA1: 267c078633c0f2c669ce2cdfc2806dab6635aac6
File B: 07. Ludwig Goransson - 747 EQ (Kurve gemt som Tenet 5) (den bedste).wav
SHA1: 119f4e02e0fb4d5f0fa23ecdeca4776b20ef1629

Output:

21:55:42 : Test started.
22:01:43 : 01/01
22:02:19 : 02/02
22:02:40 : 02/03
22:02:59 : 03/04
22:03:08 : 04/05
22:03:23 : 05/06
22:03:36 : 06/07
22:03:46 : 07/08
22:03:56 : 08/09
22:04:07 : 09/10
22:04:31 : 10/11
22:04:39 : 11/12
22:04:54 : 12/13
22:05:15 : 13/14
22:05:29 : 14/15
22:05:44 : 15/16
22:05:44 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
0e1f921166681be744c99dfe90c51c6b5d9c1d6c

Ex-girlfriend Arita:

foo_abx 2.0 report
foobar2000 v1.3.7
2019-06-23 21:15:31

File A: 03 Love You to Death - EQ (kurve gemt som Type O Negative 3 i Audacity) (den bedste).wav
SHA1: bad772850c6f21ac1a2cd7d1e1036b1a7b7d63a0
File B: 03 Love You to Death - volumen justeret til EQ.wav
SHA1: 570faa2d7414375f5c942ae7a5ddfdb30dd37c34

Output:

21:15:31 : Test started.
21:17:32 : 01/01
21:17:48 : 02/02
21:17:59 : 03/03
21:18:16 : 04/04
21:18:38 : 05/05
21:18:55 : 05/06
21:19:09 : 06/07
21:19:24 : 07/08
21:19:36 : 08/09
21:19:47 : 09/10
21:19:54 : 10/11
21:20:05 : 10/12
21:20:14 : 11/13
21:20:26 : 12/14
21:20:42 : 13/15
21:21:14 : 14/16
21:21:14 : Test finished.

---------- 

-- signature -- 
91ded29f1698a1452b3f5a3bbc5ca5ba1dac9b02

I also have logs of tests that I have passed with lower confidence (12 to 14 out of 16 correct), and some were quite hard. I also have logs of several tests that I failed.

And as a very last thing:

I recorded a video of myself doing an ABX by flipping a coin. I couldn't pass the ABX test by listening, but by flipping a coin I got 12 out of 16 correct. So, a higher confidence level is needed.

I would be happy to post the video here.

53 minutes ago, board said:

I know this topic is almost four years old, and there are new rules on this forum now, but I stumbled upon this topic now, and for anybody interested I thought I would chime in with a lot of data to contradict the claim that ABX tests can't be passed with 100 % correct or anything close to it, by providing the logs of ABX tests that I have passed myself. And you can verify the signatures on the logs if you like.

My tests were all level-matched, unless I was testing volume levels, obviously. As you can see, I tested many more things than volume levels.

The results would have been even more decisive if you had been able to use  a higher quality player S/W than Foobar such as JRiver, XXHE,HQPlayer etc.

An E.E. friend designed and constructed for himself a relay switched ABX controller.

However, ABX testing is boring , and the results obtained are highly unlikely to change the long held views of almost every Objective type member who disagrees with what you are reporting .

Non Sighted listening sessions with a group of friends is much more pleasurable.😉

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020