IGNORED

Why Do People Come To Computer Audiophile To Display Their Contempt For Audiophiles?

19 minutes ago, Dragonfyr said:

Explain this method and why it's relevant? What does it prove? 

That a preferred vinyl recording could go thru an AD/DA stage and sound the same as if it didn't. So any preference one had for vinyl is not due to vinyl being a more accurate medium.

The method is to have the direct phono preamp output, and an ADA stage signal to switch between and compare.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

4 minutes ago, esldude said:

That a preferred vinyl recording could go thru an AD/DA stage and sound the same as if it didn't. So any preference one had for vinyl is not due to vinyl being a more accurate medium.

Yes I know. I was on a fishing expedition for my amusement. :) No need for me to continue the charade. 

15 minutes ago, AJ Soundfield said:

The gist is that controlled (Blind) testing is the de facto scientific valid standard for all audio, not just electro-acoustic widget audiophoolery

I don't think it goes far enough ... the "Tommy" test is definitive.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

Just now, firedog said:

As usual putting words in people's mouths, just to be argumentative. 

You really need to get over yourself. 

I'm pointing out a piece of logic you are sorely missing. If I was to perform a large blinded study should I include people that couldn't hear the difference between 320Kbps MP3 and 24/192 or DSD 128?

4 minutes ago, Dragonfyr said:

Audiophiles are an endless source of amusement for me and I'm sure for many others as well. Comedy gold.

Apparently because they are soft targets it's not welcome here. Not sure what kind of position the subjectivists needs to take for debate and dialectic with them to be kosher at CA.

47 minutes ago, AJ Soundfield said:

Looked at your links. Only the third, about the Strad, has any actual validity to what I was referring to, and is the same type of listening test. 

I'm not talking about a professional musician auditioning other musicians, I'm referring to some small difference we strain to hear in audiophile testing. Like does  USB device A sound better than USB device B. I doubt the conductor, first violinist, or orchestra administrator auditioning a violinist feels the kind of stress I referred to. It's a different type of listening, IMO. And the better trained your ear is to hear the type of differences you are listening for, the easier and less pressured it is. 

Not trying to say DBT pr BT has no validity. But not every test is the best test for each situation. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 minute ago, firedog said:

Looked at your links. Only the third, about the Strad, has any actual validity to what I was referring to, and is the same type of listening test. 

I'm not talking about a professional musician auditioning other musicians, I'm referring to some small difference we strain to hear in audiophile testing. Like does  USB device A sound better than USB device B. I doubt the conductor, first violinist, or orchestra administrator auditioning a violinist feels the kind of stress I referred to. It's a different type of listening, IMO. And the better trained your ear is to hear the type of differences you are listening for, the easier and less pressured it is. 

Not trying to say DBT pr BT has no validity. But not every test is the best test for each situation. 

You are missing the point about bias controlled evaluation. Sorry you don't get to pick and choose here.

14 minutes ago, AJ Soundfield said:

No labels, just tell me which is vinyl when playing

I am certain that i would not be able to tell the difference, and would only have a 50-50 chance of picking the correct one....unless i was looking at your eyes...then my odds would go up about 5%...if the vinyl was B, then my odds would go way up (i will always pick B on any future test).

14 minutes ago, plissken said:

I'm pointing out a piece of logic you are sorely missing. If I was to perform a large blinded study should I include people that couldn't hear the difference between 320Kbps MP3 and 24/192 or DSD 128?

Depends what you are trying to show.

It's been demonstrated that people can learn to become better listeners. Look at all the Harman research.That includes learning to accurately tell the difference between mp3 and higher res media.

So in your study are you trying to show that a random sample of the general public can or can't hear something? Or find out whether "trained listeners" can hear something?

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

3 minutes ago, plissken said:

You are missing the point that peoples sighted bias affects choices that have zero to do with sight.

What point am I missing?

I understood that long before I ever heard of you. 

1 minute ago, firedog said:

Depends what you are trying to show.

It's been demonstrated that people can learn to become better listeners. Look at all the Harman research.That includes learning to accurately tell the difference between mp3 and higher res media.

So in your study are you trying to show that a random sample of the general public can or can't hear something? Or find out whether "trained listeners" can hear something?

I'm replying to your USB A / USB B testing and differences and how blind/bias controlled evaluation isn't applicable.. I'm not drawing this stuff out in crayon for you. You wanted to get into this with. Figure it out on your own.