IGNORED

Why Do People Come To Computer Audiophile To Display Their Contempt For Audiophiles?

4 minutes ago, esldude said:

I would say heavily effected.  It literally could control what music is played upon your system.

http://www.universalmusic.com/label/emi/

Now that was just mean. :) 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

6 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

:$

Well, think about it. Every time you use a dust cloth, it wears down the dusted surface just a tiny bit, like water flowing over rocks. It's a trade-off.  :$

Or does it wear down the cloth?

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

3 hours ago, mansr said:

What makes you think they do? Sure, ground loops and such can be audible, but no cable can fix those, only an isolation device will.

I am keeping an open mind. There are many reported electrical differences between cables. There are also many people who report sonic differences, so it is sensible to try to correlate. But certainly, an isolation device is most logically what's needed.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

3 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

it would be better if you got effect/affect right ;]

Actually that was intentional.  Buy choosing EMI music you effected the change in the USB.  Apparently that part wasn't clear.  Sorry. :(

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

6 hours ago, AJ Soundfield said:

I'm wondering if this thread wasn't a ruse by Jud to get the knives vs gunfight fantasy loons to go postal

If you don’t assume I’m cleverer than I appear you’ll be more accurate. :) 

I don’t waste time thinking up such stuff.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Bill, that was very funny. :)

Hope you found some lyrics to copy and paste so you didn’t have to count all the “nah”s!

3 hours ago, Jud said:

Bill, that was very funny. :)

Hope you found some lyrics to copy and paste so you didn’t have to count all the “nah”s!

When Bill goes to the trouble to quote those Baby Boomer favorites from all  the way back in 1968, we know a new era has arrived....

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Why does audio equipment need to be as accurate as possible?

Besides an audiophile I build WWII scale models. And yes there are fora and yes people argue about getting the model as accurate as possible. The price for that is high: lots of questions, loads of investments, more stress.

What learned is if I chase that goal, the nervousity kicks in. As soon as I let it go and start building the way I like it, the joy comes back. No more bariyers thrown up by myself, but back to the root where my interest in the hobby started at. It's Ok to approach realism, but not at every cost.

To me with audio it's just the same. I know what I like and I trust my ears and heart to evaluate components. And I like a little euphonic lush sound, there, I've said it.

Have fun.

20 minutes ago, firedog said:

the claim being that all those things you listed may exist, but ultimately have no effect on the analog output of the DAC. 

How would your ears detect "DAC" soundwave changes to the soundfield, other than from the analog output of the DAC? Please specify the method of conduction if this is not the case.

Similar to what happens here sometimes:

On the Internet, a complex grammar has developed around shade, retaining much of the pleasure and humor of its older iterations but with wider-reaching effects. Take the subtweet: a tweet objecting to something someone else has said or done without actually using that person’s name. It’s the digital equivalent of talking trash about someone at a dinner table without ever acknowledging the person’s presence. Another shade-throwing tactic is to annotate a social-media outburst with stage directions like “*sips tea*” or “*side-eye*,” as if to say: “I’ll just sit back and demurely drink this beverage while I watch you act a fool and debase yourself.” Shade may be most delightfully expressed through emoji — crying faces (your predictability and pitiful intelligence make me weep), googly eyes (that assertion was so absurd it exploded my brain), emergency-vehicle sirens (alert: We have a live one here). Emoji are so innocently goofy that they make for the ideal shade delivery system, allowing a person to publicly and blisteringly respond to other people’s commentary without, you know, being blistering about it.

from "The Underground Art of the Insult", Anna Holmes

25 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Live acoustic music in a good sounding concert hall sounds very lush, especially string tone. I've never heard a recorded violin sound as lush and beautiful as the real thing. Cold and dry is not accurate to me, the real thing is quite euphonic too.

Sounds like you are on the right path, trusting ears and heart are important IMHO. How music feels is very important to me.

Yes, good test! The lushness of solo violin, and the soaring quality of a good string section can be fully realised in a competent rig - early in my exploration of what's possible in audio I went to live performances, and sometimes was disappointed by the "real thing", in comparison - I particularly remember a piano recital, where the quality of sound of the instrument really missed the grade.

The main reason why, of course, is because a recording is usually captured in the very best location, with everything optimised to secure a premium performance.

4 minutes ago, firedog said:

The obvious implication is that they are audible effects, otherwise there wouldn't be any reason to be concerned with them.

Bingo, so let's try this again.

How would your ears detect audible "DAC" soundwave changes to the soundfield, other than from the analog output of the DAC? Please specify the method of conduction if this is not the case.