IGNORED

Why Do People Come To Computer Audiophile To Display Their Contempt For Audiophiles?

2 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

I'm seeing two groups of audiophiles with different approaches to the hobby arguing with one another.

I'm not seeing a lot of folks coming to this site to attack the hobby itself.

You beat me to it ;) 

As @wgscott alludes, certain other sites have much less tolerance of anything other than the party line.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

8 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

Hi, not the subject of the OP's post.

It’s all good.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Thats more common than, for example, certain people who denigrate audiophiles as "suckers" as a way to make themselves appear more "on the know" -- that's less common

Exactly. I don't see a lot of folks coming to this site to do this.  

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

3 minutes ago, Jud said:

Helpful, yes.  I do think there’s been a proliferation of the “audiophiles are suckers” meme lately.

Interesting. I haven't really noticed this. In my experience, people like this soon move on so perhaps I just filter them out...

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

4 minutes ago, jabbr said:

What I've also seen is that certain folks who are industry experts have been aggressively chased off the site -- is this related?

Yeah, I think so.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

12 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

In my experience, people like this soon move on so perhaps I just filter them out...

I need more of your patience. :)