IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

3 hours ago, mentt said:

MicroRendu is one purpose device. USBridge can be used for movies and other stuff. MicroRendu can't be used via wifi. MicroRendu requires expensive  power supply(lps1) to sound acceptable. I don't recommend microRendu with ifi iPower, there is nothing special about this combo.

Personally I think USBridge has better sound quality especially if powered with two USB power banks(j28 jumper removed from the USBridge board)

as always only your ears should decide

what DAC did you use to draw this conclusion?

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Hello

I just received my usbridge and a sparky. I have too a urendu.

And I no hear the difference. Perhaps more define with the usbrdge. With the urendu, I connect an HD Plex 5V - 9 V.

I have one issue with usbridge. How to open the J28. In my house, I have a battery for 5V. So I want to try supply energy with the allo psu for the usbridge and the battery for the sparky with usb. But I don't find any picture to explain me, the open position and the closed position. So I see the allo community manager read this feeds, I hope a respond.

I based in France near Paris so excuse my us non style.

I will post the review when I can compare the urendu and the usbridge with 2 energy input.

Best regards

6 minutes ago, jppierme said:

Hello

And I no hear the difference. Perhaps more define with the usbrdge. With the urendu, I connect an HD Plex 5V - 9 V.

I have one issue with usbridge. How to open the J28. In my house, I have a battery for 5V. So I want to try supply energy with the allo psu for the usbridge and the battery for the sparky with usb. But I don't find any picture to explain me, the open position and the closed position. So I see the allo community manager read this feeds, I hope a respond.

I will post the review when I can compare the urendu and the usbridge with 2 energy input.

Best regards

ultra or microrendu?

9 hours ago, jppierme said:

Hello

Best regards

Do provide the system used to generate the opinion... otherwise this post is meaningless noise

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

10 hours ago, jppierme said:

Hello

Best regards

Here you go.

jumper.jpg

29 minutes ago, jppierme said:

I have one issue with usbridge. How to open the J28. I

Honestly it really is simple to pull the jumper (little square silicon block) from the J28 on the USBridge board- the letter J28 is printed in white on the board. I will advise to separate Sparky out first, since the jumper is quite stiff to remove the first time.

3 hours ago, jppierme said:

Hello David 

My system is an Icos 580 Elsberg, a French whole system (dac in the preampli, 5 ampli) Sub Bass and  Louds speaker Middle and high fréquence. One ampli by speaker. 

http://www.icos-audio.com/

It is in France by the the audiophile World a reference, near 20 years. 

So I hear each little change. I have one issue, my room. It is my living room because I love hear music when I cook and eat. 

Thanks lot for your question. 

JPP

Thanks, looks like you have a significant investment.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

3 hours ago, k-man said:

@jtwrace ended up sending USBridge back.

I purchased the unit around the same time, so I definitely can relate to some expectations that were not met (for him) but the difference for new buyers is more plug and play friendly. 

That is true but I have another on the way....

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

5 hours ago, CCC said:

Patiently awaiting the review from jtwrace.

Received the board combo 1 month ago, so hope you have put it through the paces.

I respect your opinions, so hope to hear your thoughts soon.

Hopefully by next week I'll be able to give some preliminary subjective feedback. 

1 hour ago, k-man said:

That is great to hear! Thanks for bringing the attention of Allo/USBridge to CA from Roon community. 

My pleasure.  I've been in search of lower cost alternatives to the µRendu and sMS-200 so this fits that goal.  I'm curious to see how it performs subjectively and objectively.  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

1 hour ago, jtwrace said:

I'm curious to see how it performs subjectively and objectively.

Is it a third party who will carry out the measurements? Allo'a noise output of USBridge is less than 12 microvaults, but I haven't come across similar measurements of microRendu, UltraRendu, or SOtM.

On 8/11/2017 at 11:10 AM, k-man said:

Is it a third party who will carry out the measurements? Allo'a noise output of USBridge is less than 12 microvaults, but I haven't come across similar measurements of microRendu, UltraRendu, or SOtM.

I don't know.  There are many places that will do it.  There are some but not with that measurement.  µRendu is here, sMS-200 is here and the LPS-1 is here  There are some AP measurements of the USBridge on the @allo.com site though.  At least they do show some objective data unlike most.  9_9