IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

Ok, I found it. I have to mount the drive like "mount /dev/sda1 /mnt" then only the library will show the albums. However, every time restart I need to mount the drive. Another thing is how to turn on the Usbridge properly? I just switch off and switch on the socket switch plugged with the power supply. I can't find any turn on switch on Usbridge.

Allo,

Now when I want to login to O!MPD I keep getting login failed message:

Login failed
netjukebox requires cookies to login.
Enable cookies in your browser and try again.

My Chrome browser and other browsers already enable cookies and javascripts, but still the login error persist. May I what is the solution?

Edit: My dietpi version is v6.3. Although when ordering I specified for latest firmware, but still only given v6.3. Now I am running update to latest version hopefully to resolve the issue since I have yet to received reply from Allo.

2 hours ago, lateboomer said:

Allo,

Now when I want to login to O!MPD I keep getting login failed message:

Login failed
netjukebox requires cookies to login.
Enable cookies in your browser and try again.

My Chrome browser and other browsers already enable cookies and javascripts, but still the login error persist. May I what is the solution?

Edit: My dietpi version is v6.3. Although when ordering I specified for latest firmware, but still only given v6.3. Now I am running update to latest version hopefully to resolve the issue since I have yet to received reply from Allo.

Try clearing your browser cache?

I did clean browser cache, but the problem still persisted. The issue is not my browser, some how a value is being saved to Usbridge even I totally turn it off for some time and turn it on again. I think there is a way to reset O!MPD using ssh and I am not sure what it is.

Hello, I have a few questions:

I have a lyndorf tdai 3400 amplifier with built in media server (UPNP and folder based file server) and also USB input.

My music is stored in a NAS and I also have a tidal subscription. 

I would like to understand if I can login to tidal in the USBridge software and use a mobile phone o tablet as remote control.

Or can I just use a allo parky/rpi and stream via LAN to the UPNP receiver in the amp? 

If using the UPNP server which device would be responsible for clocking the music? The sparky /RPI or the amp's internal clock?

What remote control apps could I use? 

I'm not interested in roon at the moment. 

I got my Usbridge running OK now after with support from Rahul and thank you very much. Initial listening with supplied wall wart and music from USB 3.0 fast thumb drive is pleasing and no fatigue.  I use ompd player and output to Tangent thumb drive dac and  Audioengine active bookshelf speakers. The next step is to mod it with dual lps and output to better dac and speakers to see how far it can go,  compared with my highly modified Supermicro x10sbal mobo. I will also try to install Clementine player to give it a try and need to figure out how to do it. 

I'm impressed with mine, but I'd be surprised if you feel it beats the Supermicro board and/or the SoTM USB card.  But in my system the SoTM USB sounds miles more analogue and natural--but for 6 times the price, of course, including the other components and an LPS. ;-)  I'll be interested to hear what you think--maybe you will get more out of it than I have so far.

I have read that someone had bypassed the dc-to-dc converters on the board and direct supplied 5v, 1.8V and 3.3 V to Usbrdige and reaped further improvement in SQ. I may go that far if I know how to do it. Anyway, initial listening with wall wart is pleasing enough and I read it could be mpd playing is more 'thick' and that is why I would like to try out Clementine player.

I don't expect it to beat Supermicro but who knows if I could bypass any dc-to-dc converters on the board. it has one very good trait which is music is flowing very 'fast' and 'direct', with the feeling of good music phase if compared with a lot of complicated music servers. I will post short recordings with Zoom H1 with Usbridge and Supermicro here and let you be the judge. It would be fun. :-)

@Allo any chance of IPv6 support?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

4 hours ago, tboooe said:

@Allo any chance of IPv6 support?

Got this figured out...had to go into Dietpi-config screen and enable IPv6.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

1 minute ago, lateboomer said:

May I know why you need IPv6 when IPv4 already working? 

Good question...I'm trying to do a direct connection between the Allo and my HQP PC instead of through a switch.  The HQP dev said that I could enable IPv6 on my second nic and it would recognize the Allo.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to make it work.

Other components:

I played with Clementine these pass few days and indeed the sound quality was very good. However, the app was not stable for Dietpi. It crashed frequently if trying to change tracks while it was playing, unless if you didn't touch it and let it play the whole playlist then only no problem. 

So in the end I had to give it up and installed LMS to use which ran very smoothly without issues. It was a shame because I really like Clementine. I was using LXDE desktop for Clementine.

I solved the Clementine stability issue with Sparky. Apparently running LXDE desktop is buggy for Clementine. I installed Mate desktop and Clementine can work beautifully without crashing. I try to figure out what is lack of LXDE because I think lightweight desktop is better for audio.