IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

The  question is why the USBridge is powering Sparky. Convenience.

We do have a lot of filters between the 2 , both on common mode and differential noise .

However you can power them independently (best for sq) . Please refer to manual on how to change the jumper on board.

yesterday:

assembled the usbridge,with origin emmc diet pi card.Booting,show me on network,but don't know this os,so I turned off,changed volumio os,dont want booting.hmmm.

removed usbridge,dont boot.create new volumio sd,works again(without usbridge).JUHHU!!!!Sound AMAZING!!!!with iso regen -singxerF1-3LPS Ucap.

today:

assembled with usbridge again,emmc dietpi -Don't  Boot

only sparky with volumio-Dont  boot.

sd cards:

kingmax 16gb,samsung 4gb,32gb,64gb,kingston 32gb

soft: sd formatter,win32diskimager

why don't boot anymore??

5 hours ago, allo.com said:

The  question is why the USBridge is powering Sparky. Convenience.

We do have a lot of filters between the 2 , both on common mode and differential noise .

However you can power them independently (best for sq) . Please refer to manual on how to change the jumper on board.

Is It possible to power Sparky via USB power bank and USBridge via stock allo power supply?

5 minutes ago, allo.com said:

Yes possible...but should be the other way arround. Sparky needs more current (A) and USBridge needs less A but quiet power. Please refer to manual on how to do that.

Yes, I know but USBridge doesn't have microusb connector and I don't have suitable cable for USB power bank

8 minutes ago, allo.com said:

Yes possible...but should be the other way arround. Sparky needs more current (A) and USBridge needs less A but quiet power. Please refer to manual on how to do that.

Is IFI iPower 9v to much for USBridge?

41 minutes ago, DarwinOSX said:

How would people compare the US bridge to the micro Rendu or sonicorbiter as far as sound quality and functionality?

MicroRendu is one purpose device. USBridge can be used for movies and other stuff. MicroRendu can't be used via wifi. MicroRendu requires expensive  power supply(lps1) to sound acceptable. I don't recommend microRendu with ifi iPower, there is nothing special about this combo.

Personally I think USBridge has better sound quality especially if powered with two USB power banks(j28 jumper removed from the USBridge board)

as always only your ears should decide