IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

6 hours ago, Goiko said:

Just updated to v6.2 (latest) no sound at all playing through HQ player and (or) J river.

On v6.1 before update HQ player was able to send music through sparky usb bridge to dac.

Tried to reboot no changes.

which Dac you are using ?

check on alsamixer -c1  , if audio is muted

Allo.com Tech. Support

On 12/02/2018 at 4:07 PM, allo.com said:
55 minutes ago, rahul_kc said:

which Dac you are using ?

check on alsamixer -c1  , if audio is muted

I'm using metrum oktave mk 11, but it never worked correctly with sparky so I bought singxer su-1 and sending files through singxer and then to metrum oktave.

I just received my USBridge today and got it up an running without any issue.  I am using as an NAA and was hoping to play DSD512 through it.  I believe some users have mentioned this was possible through the Sparky Ethernet port.  Unfortunately for me, it does not seem to work reliably.  I get stutters frequently.  If I reduce change my HQP settings to DSD256 the USBridge plays fine.  In reviewing NetData, I see that the Ethernet port is receiving data at a rate of 43-50mbps when I play DSD512.  Is this at the limit of what the USBridge is capable of?  Do I have to now use a USB-Ethernet adapter?  I have a couple laying around that I could try.  Can anyone point me in the right direction to set up the USB-Ethernet adapter  with a fixed IP address?  I know I will have to SSH into the Sparky but not sure what I need to do from there.  

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

More issues....now I am not getting any sound from the USBrigde.  I have verified that my system works with my original NAA pc but with the USBridge I get no volume.  HQP sees it on my network as an NAA, From the netdata page I see network traffic indicating that the music is being sent to the USBridge.  On my SU-1, all 3 lights are lite and my DAC is showing the correct sample rate so that seems to indicate that everything is getting data from the USBridge but still no sound.  Any ideas?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

1 minute ago, tboooe said:

More issues....now I am not getting any sound from the USBrigde.  I have verified that my system works with my original NAA pc but with the USBridge I get no volume.  HQP sees it on my network as an NAA, From the netdata page I see network traffic indicating that the music is being sent to the USBridge.  On my SU-1, all 3 lights are lite so that seems to indicate that its getting data from the USBridge but still no sound.  Any ideas?

ssh to your sparky with root password dietpi

run alsamixer

check if your SU-1 is mutted

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

6 minutes ago, juliocat said:

ssh to your sparky with root password dietpi

run alsamixer

check if your SU-1 is mutted

Thank you...I am going to need to refresh my memory on unix.  Can you please be more specific?  I can putty into the Sparky but not sure what to type after that.  How can I tell if the SU-1 is muted?

Other components:

42 minutes ago, tboooe said:

Thank you...I am going to need to refresh my memory on unix.  Can you please be more specific?  I can putty into the Sparky but not sure what to type after that.  How can I tell if the SU-1 is muted?

if you have a Mac you can access it via terminal, with a PC you have to install Putty: https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204404604/using-ssh-in-putty-

In your terminal window type:

ssh root@dietpi
Password = dietpi

Once your logged in SSH into diet pi type the command:
alsamixer

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

2 minutes ago, juliocat said:

if you have a Mac you can access it via terminal, with a PC you have to install Putty: https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204404604/using-ssh-in-putty-

In your terminal window type:

ssh root@dietpi
Password = dietpi

Once your logged in SSH into diet pi type the command:
alsamixer

Thank you. How can I tell if the SU-1 is muted once I type alsamixer?

Other components:

2 minutes ago, tboooe said:

Thank you. How can I tell if the SU-1 is muted once I type alsamixer?

when in  alsamixer 5a8f757b3f22b_Capturadepantalla2018-02-22ala(s)7_59_00p.m..thumb.png.e7f2460170af988fcf34505aa805a11f.png press m 

3 hours ago, tboooe said:

I see that the Ethernet port is receiving data at a rate of 43-50mbps when I play DSD512. 

Hey Tommy, my rate is between 46-50 and I play DSD512 fine.  I dont think that is the issue.   

Sparky SBC/USBridge (HDPlex) –> Uptone ISO Regen(Uptone LPS-1) -> Singxer SU-1(Uptone LPS-1)/Holo Audio Spring –> Cary Audio SLP-05 –> Electrocompaniet AW180 Mono Blocks –> Martin Logan Summit X

2 hours ago, tboooe said:

More issues....now I am not getting any sound from the USBrigde.  I have verified that my system works with my original NAA pc but with the USBridge I get no volume.  HQP sees it on my network as an NAA, From the netdata page I see network traffic indicating that the music is being sent to the USBridge.  On my SU-1, all 3 lights are lite and my DAC is showing the correct sample rate so that seems to indicate that everything is getting data from the USBridge but still no sound.  Any ideas?

Hi Tommy.  I'm using a slightly older version of DietPi and am assuming things are similar.

SSH in and type dietpi-config.  

Choose Audio Options.

Make sure the Soundcard is set for usb-dac (or whatever you think is correct).

For the DSD512 issue: were you able to do DSD512 before using your NUC as NAA?  I had to tweak the heck out of my HQPlayer machine (control pc) before I could get DSD512 to play without stuttering.  Overclocking, Process Lasso, etc.  Even with this, I can tell it's right on the edge, so I think I have to build a new (faster) machine.

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 9.37.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 9.37.37 PM.png

3 hours ago, juliocat said:

when in  alsamixer  press m 

Thank you!  That did the trick. Not sure how the USBridge got muted in the first place?  It was working fine one moment then the next it stopped playing music.

2 hours ago, pgbcincy said:

Hey Tommy, my rate is between 46-50 and I play DSD512 fine.  I dont think that is the issue.   

Yeah, thats why I am perplexed.  Seems you and I have very similar setups yet I cant seem to play DSD512.

1 hour ago, clipper said:

Hi Tommy.  I'm using a slightly older version of DietPi and am assuming things are similar.

SSH in and type dietpi-config.  

Choose Audio Options.

Make sure the Soundcard is set for usb-dac (or whatever you think is correct).

For the DSD512 issue: were you able to do DSD512 before using your NUC as NAA?  I had to tweak the heck out of my HQPlayer machine (control pc) before I could get DSD512 to play without stuttering.  Overclocking, Process Lasso, etc.  Even with this, I can tell it's right on the edge, so I think I have to build a new (faster) machine.

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 9.37.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 9.37.37 PM.png

Hey there!  I hope all is well.  Thank you for the post.  I have been able to run DSD512 with my current Windows based NAA.  My i7-6700 cpu runs at around 50% when I play DSD512.  The only change is replacing the Windows NAA with the USBridge.  I did as you suggested but still no luck.  Not sure what could be causing it.  Perhaps a buffer setting somewhere?

Other components:

OK I messed around a bit more with my USBridge.  I have a couple of USB-Gigabit Ethernet adapters laying around so I tried to use them instead of the builtin Ethernet port.  The USB adapters definitely improved playback of FLAC to DSD512.  90% of the stutters went away.  Oddly, I am still not able to play DSD64 or 128 files converted to DSD512 though.  I get the same stutters with the USB adapter as I was getting with the Ethernet port.  

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Other components:

7 hours ago, tboooe said:

I get stutters frequently.  If I reduce change my HQP settings to DSD256 the USBridge plays fine.  In reviewing NetData, I see that the Ethernet port is receiving data at a rate of 43-50mbps when I play DSD512.  Is this at the limit of what the USBridge is capable of?  Do I have to now use a USB-Ethernet adapter?  I have a couple laying around that I could try. 

Hi @tbooe, i'm interested in your findings. According to ALLO recommandation for DSD i'm using USB to Gigabit adapter: https://allo.com/sparky/usb-to-gigabit.html . Plug and Play, fixed IP,  no issue with NAA, USBridge is very stable but i'm only playing DoP DSD128 (10-13 mbps) due to my DAC FW limitation (Amanero). Seems @pgbcincy succeed playing DSD512.

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

More investigation...in looking at the netdata, the system overview section shows the Net Inbound circle graph.  When I am streaming DSD512 at around 43mbps, almost all of the graph is colored green.  When I stream DSD256 about half of it is colored green.  Does that mean that the Sparky ethernet port is only capable of 50mbps max?  I thought it was a 10/100 port?

Other components:

7 hours ago, volpone said:

Hi @tbooe, i'm interested in your findings. According to ALLO recommandation for DSD i'm using USB to Gigabit adapter: https://allo.com/sparky/usb-to-gigabit.html . Plug and Play, fixed IP,  no issue with NAA, USBridge is very stable but i'm only playing DoP DSD128 (10-13 mbps) due to my DAC FW limitation (Amanero). Seems @pgbcincy succeed playing DSD512.

I am not sure why the gigabit adapter is required.  The Sparky has a 10/100 ethernet port with is more than double the speed that is required for DSD512.

3 hours ago, volpone said:

Interesting, are you using USB3 to Gigabit adapter (to stream native DSD512) ?

No, he is not using the adapter. 

Other components:

Maybe the problem is not the sparky, the stutter can be caused if the machine running HQplayer doesn't have the CPU power to run the oversampling to DSD 512

10 minutes ago, juliocat said:

Maybe the problem is not the sparky, the stutter can be caused if the machine running HQplayer doesn't have the CPU power to run the oversampling to DSD 512

Fair assumption but before using the USBridge I was playing DSD512 just fine using my windows based PC as NAA.  Nothing else in my system has changed other than adding the USBridge.  In fact, I reverted back to my windows NAA and played DSD512 with no issue.  

@Allo any ideas why I cant play DSD512 through the USBridge?  The 10/100 ethernet port should be able to handle 50mbps streams without any issues.

Other components:

Network performance is a problem on the sparky

5a903941956aa_Capturadepantalla2018-02-23ala(s)9_54_13a.m..thumb.png.7a881aea8a93582767b6209aa39ed4e2.png

7 minutes ago, juliocat said:

Network performance is a problem on the sparky

5a903941956aa_Capturadepantalla2018-02-23ala(s)9_54_13a.m..thumb.png.7a881aea8a93582767b6209aa39ed4e2.png

Well that sucks.  Seems I will be returning/selling this then.  Anyone want to buy a very lightly used USBridge???

Other components: