IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

Dear Daniel,

Thanks for your quick reply.  

Update 6.0 works.  Ps. rahul_kc  (member of your team?) has sent me a PM too .  Will coming days check if my  DAC Teac 501 is correct recognized at start. Until recently  40-50% of time it started with default  44.1 kHz instead HQPlayer settings (PCM 352 and DSD 128).

If this wil not change I will execute the proposed Linux commands by rahul (please enclosed 1e pic).

Will also try out another startup sequence. Have the suspicion if I first start HQ-player (as part of Roon)  that the problem of correct detection is less. We will see.B|

Another question:  I can choose from Roon or HQPlayer additional DAC -outputs. But I cannot assign this outputs ? Please see attached second and third picture.  So-called atm7059_link ALSA? Please advice.

Very best regards, Andreas

screenshot_57.jpg

screenshot_59.jpg

screenshot_60.jpg

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

@DanielKnight

Could you inform us when the Allo GUI V6.0 image will be available for download.

I successfully have installed Raspotify on the USBridge, but the only problem is (I believe) is that a wrong parameter is set for the Audio output.

Could you tell me how to write the correct argument in the spotify file

because it is written

To choose a different output device (ie a USB audio dongle or HDMI audio out),
                   # use `--device` with something like `--device hw:0,1`. Your mileage may vary.

but I do not understand precisly what should I write

thanks for your help

51 minutes ago, Lobbster said:

@Daniel Knight

Thanks, I tried again and got the same result as above. I tried Update with SSH and get the message [Failed] Your version of DietPi is now obsolete and cannot be updated.
Please download the latest DietPi image

My other unit takes the Update and Reboots properly but still shows V159.

I guess I need to Download and reflash?

Yes. I guess too you need to download and reflash

However i'm curious to know from Allo or Dan recommendation about what to flash on Sparky SBC:

- Optional SD card

- Integrated eMMC 

What is the boot priority ?

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

I've done a fresh install of diet pi to version 6.1 with web GUI v.5 by flashing the EMMC card. All seems to be working aside from the fact that there is no sound coming through the speakers and the ALSA output stream information box is empty. I have a Chord Mojo attached to the USB output of the USBridge and have set the shairport settings to 32 bit to match the DAC.

Edit:

I just checked to see if my DAC was detected by the sparky/USBridge using the USB-devices command but to no avail. I then tried it in another USB port and it was detected and there is sound output. Is there a command to activate the USBridge again or have I miss-aligned the GPIO headers? 

... I will investigate in the meantime...

1 hour ago, piripiri82 said:

I've done a fresh install of diet pi to version 6.1 with web GUI v.5 by flashing the EMMC card. All seems to be working aside from the fact that there is no sound coming through the speakers and the ALSA output stream information box is empty. I have a Chord Mojo attached to the USB output of the USBridge and have set the shairport settings to 32 bit to match the DAC.

Edit:

I just checked to see if my DAC was detected by the sparky/USBridge using the USB-devices command but to no avail. I then tried it in another USB port and it was detected and there is sound output. Is there a command to activate the USBridge again or have I miss-aligned the GPIO headers? 

... I will investigate in the meantime...

... on further investigation I found that it looks like the Sparky and USBridge are mated together properly with the correct GPIO pins... It's mysterious to say the least! 

I'm not too keen on rolling back to v159 in the meantime either as I've had to dismantle it several times already to reflash the EMMC...

Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 18.17.54.png

I also have the same problem as Lobbster. Install and reboot works, but still shows v159 after last reboot.

Beside this, has anyone tried to hook up the usbridge to Mytek dac? My good old dsd192 only make noise/ static hiss when the usbridge is connected to usb 1 input on Mytek.( using Roon)

The usb 1 input doesn't require any driver as far as i know.

Any suggestions out there?

7 hours ago, volpone said:

Yes. I guess too you need to download and reflash

However i'm curious to know from Allo or Dan recommendation about what to flash on Sparky SBC:

- Optional SD card

- Integrated eMMC 

What is the boot priority ?

I'm sitting this one out till the dust settles - lol - my gear is working - that's priority #1

But I would also like the answer to boot priority. I have the new case and the heat seals are compromised every time its opened. I think it's time to retire the eMMC - too fussy and major PITA with the new case.

27 minutes ago, Lobbster said:

But I would also like the answer to boot priority. I have the new case and the heat seals are compromised every time its opened. I think it's time to retire the eMMC - too fussy and major PITA with the new case.

Same concerns !

I would like to avoid to open and disassemble alu case (heat seals). 

Best solution seems to boot from Sparky SD CARD slot but i don't know if (and how) it is feasible and if performances are the same as eMMC ?

@ALLOaudio

@allo.com  ?

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

12 hours ago, piripiri82 said:

I've done a fresh install of diet pi to version 6.1 with web GUI v.5 by flashing the EMMC card. All seems to be working aside from the fact that there is no sound coming through the speakers....

I have exactly the same results. My connected DAC is an Auralic Polaris.

@volpone @Lobbster

if you're comfortable with assembling and disassembling the case, dont let the heat seal get in your way.

we recommend to use the eMMC because its much less likely to get corrupted than SD.

for about 10$-15$  you can buy yourself on amazon a sheet of silicone heat sink pad 2mm thick and cut it.

you will have plenty of stock to replace it when needed. 

1 hour ago, ALLOaudio said:

we recommend to use the eMMC because its much less likely to get corrupted than SD.

OK. Thank you @ALLOaudio

Understood !

- A video on how to disassemble, re-flash eMMC, and re-assemble with heat seal (and a link to sheet of silicone heat sink pad 2mm you recommend) might help ?

- Meanwhile is it possible to use SD Card leaving eMMC in place (boot priority) ?

Setup details

1 hour ago, ALLOaudio said:

we recommend to use the eMMC because its much less likely to get corrupted than SD

@JohnSwenson didn't you say exactly the opposite when I asked why the microRendu was designed to use an SD card?  Maybe I misinterpreted your comment?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

@ALLOaudio, @Daniel Knight

Hi no fix¿

ok I tried to Meridian Explorer and LKS004. New eMMC flash to DIetpi AlloGui 6.1 from Dietpi website...

http://dietpi.com/downloads/images/DietPi_SparkySBC-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.7z

USB-port from the USBridge is gone like I showed before...

reflashed 3 times with same experience...

the USB-ports on the sparky are working and I find both DAC´s in Roon?

I haven't seen any reports of success yet. Has anyone successfully upgraded to 6.0 and everything works as before?

I think my heat seals can survive 1 more breakdown, but the eMMC goes. Removing the eMMC is easy, re-seating is way too much fussy for my fingers or patience. You can get a 16GB Samsung Pro or Sandisk Ultra for <$15. Something tells me this isn't the last flash. While I have it apart I'm also going to file out the MicroUSB port on the case and remove the jumper. Hopefully all goes back together and no fuss next update.

14 minutes ago, Lobbster said:

I haven't seen any reports of success yet. Has anyone successfully upgraded to 6.0 and everything works as before?

Hi Lobbster

I successfully update to V6.1 then to V6.1 + allo GUI and both version where perfecltly running with my Teac Dac UD 501.

I also installed raspotify and JRiver on the Sparky ... JRiver is running but I have not been able to correctly set the parametres for Spotify ... so spotify is not operational by now

DLNA renderer and Airplay are both running without any issue

I am not aLinux expert but I have some basic s in computing

I simply regret that the allo/Dietpi  support is not very present for helping us (My Jriver installation and raspotify has been done without their help)

eMMC is much better than micro SSD in termms of performances so it is a very good choice for Sparky

regards